IGNORED

Racheal, the middle child, misogynist, anti-intellectual, and incredibly racist

NachosFlandersStyle

1 hour ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I find it hilarious that this idiot goes on and on about how wonderful life as a slave and slave owner was and then says she'd find it difficult.  Racheal honey, difficult is the least of your issues. You wouldn't last an hour.

Considering she can't stay in the hardware store because she got a whiff of fertilizer, and has to stay in bed about every one day of three (sewing costumes and reading letters are even too much for her), I'm gonna go with no. No she wouldn't quite adore being a field slave... :my_confused:

But seriously, the more I read about her issues, the more I wonder about the mental health of this family. Her entire family has Lyme and the same co-infections? I suppose it's possible, but has anyone ever heard of this before?

And can farm chemicals cause meningitis to "flare up"? I have no medical background but this seems strange to me. 

And this just screams hypochondriac to me:

I still have bad days fairly regularly. In fact, in this week so far (counting Sunday as Day 1), I've had one bad day out of three. Yesterday, I didn't feel well. I have yet to think of a more accurate description than "not feeling well"--even when there is no pain and I cannot pin-point any particular spot that's out of whack. It was one of those days were I felt really tired, emotionally strained (if anyone had raised their voice at me I would have started to cry), my noise and light sensitivity was heightened (particularly the audio-sensitivity) and I wasn't too sharp in the head.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

But seriously, the more I read about her issues, the more I wonder about the mental health of this family. Her entire family has Lyme and the same co-infections? I suppose it's possible, but has anyone ever heard of this before?

And can farm chemicals cause meningitis to "flare up"? I have no medical background but this seems strange to me. 

I read this and wondered about that too.  I googled and there was an article in People about one of the Real Housewives.  Her whole family had lyme disease.  The doctor who commented on this stated that if an entire family has it, it is due to environmental factors.  

No clue about so called meningitis flare ups.  That seems really sketchy to me, and when I consulted google, I learned that some forms can flare, but no mention of farm chemicals. 

And if she has a Menard's store where she lives, then she isn't living in the south.

Edited to add:  this blog entry is obnoxious.  She's got bees in her pants and she's worried about modesty while she takes her pants off.  Huge eye roll.  Note the bit about how grateful her she was that her mom had her apron on so she could shield her.  I just read this and think, "Bitch please.  There's no time to worry about modesty when you've got bees in your pants."

Also, why is she keeping bees when she so delicate and sensitive and highly allergic to everything?  More eye rolls from me.

http://adventuresmidkid.weebly.com/the-bee-project/ants-in-your-pants 

Dear G-d,

In your infinite wisdom, please arrange it so that Racheal meets this woman.  She is an actress who portrayed a slave in the living history portion of Mount Vernon, and made this web series based on real questions visitors asked her.

Wow.  I am suspecting rural Indiana or Ohio for her home sweet Yankee home.  Ummm cupcake if you are living north of the Mason Dixon Line, you are a yankee.  And your battle flags?  Not changing facts. Is she connected to the Bayly's?  

5 hours ago, FeministShrew said:

I'm willing to bet that her problem with great-great- great grandfather fathering a child with his slave has nothing to do with the fact she was a slave & had no choice, but rather that he committed adultery.

That and he dared to sink so low to sleep with a black person. How dare he? NEver mind that the poor woman likely had no or very little choice in the matter. That of course doesn't matter. 

Can we discuss what in the hell this sign is in the background (to the lower left)?  It sure looks like a Nazi sign, but it's hard to tell. (from the front page of her blog)

1448328366.png

That's the SS logo.  At the WWII reenactment, she went over to the "Kraut" side to check out their guns.  Among her many interests, she is interested in guns.

2 minutes ago, GeoBQn said:

That's the SS logo.  At the WWII reenactment, she went over to the "Kraut" side to check out their guns.  Among her many interests, she is interested in guns.

I suspect that among those interests, the "Kraut" cause, or Nazi philosophy as literally every person with a brain cell calls it, appeals to her.  I thought that was the SS logo.  

5 hours ago, FeministShrew said:

Waves @PennySycamore! We're neighbors!  
But as for everything else, ugh. How, I might ask, is someone "homeshcooled from birth"?

Bless her heart.

Homeshcooled by someone who didn't know how to spell Rachael, no less.

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Quoting the blog:  I still have bad days fairly regularly. In fact, in this week so far (counting Sunday as Day 1), I've had one bad day out of three. Yesterday, I didn't feel well. I have yet to think of a more accurate description than "not feeling well"--even when there is no pain and I cannot pin-point any particular spot that's out of whack. It was one of those days were I felt really tired, emotionally strained (if anyone had raised their voice at me I would have started to cry), my noise and light sensitivity was heightened (particularly the audio-sensitivity) and I wasn't too sharp in the head.

That actually sounds like a painless migraine to me. I forget the precise scientific name for it, but there are many type of migraines, and not all of them cause crippling pain. Some of them cause the other symptoms-- light and sound sensitivity, difficulty thinking or remembering things, etc-- without the actual pain part, which makes it much harder to diagnose. My SO suffers from chronic migraines so I was reading about this a while back.

As for her open admittance of the fact that she hasn't researched anything, I suspect she's putting it off because there's no way for her to research actual slavery without discovering she is 100% wrong. :pb_rollseyes: 

Woah. Was scrolling through her posts on WWII and in one of her posts she has a photo of her grandfather in his casket. :pb_eek:

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Homeshcooled by someone who didn't know how to spell Rachael, no less.

Is that actually hire is spelled? I assumed it was a typo in the part of the original poster :o so her name is Ray- cheel? 

@GeoBQn, thanks for sharing the Lizzie Mae video.  I've watched three of her videos so far and I subscribed.  

21 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Is that actually hire is spelled? I assumed it was a typo in the part of the original poster :o so her name is Ray- cheel? 

I figured it was just some yooneek spelling. I am totally going to think of her as Rah-cheel now, though. :pb_lol:

Found some more gems in her "About Me" section.

Since retiring, we have lived in close proximity to my grandparents and for three years I was my Grandpa’s physical therapist.

Nope.  Not if you were homeschooled your entire life.  Today, you need to earn a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree at an accredited school to practice.

She has her own "film production company."

http://freedomslightfilms.weebly.com/

I have my own production company: Freedom's Light Films. While I am currently "nothing more" than a documentary-maker. I finished my first doc The Florida Cow Cavalry in 2016. I have several screenplay ideas that are in various stages of outline and "scribbles" as I call it. And, to showcase how ambitious I am (slightly tongue-in-cheek there), I have another line of of documentaries, both full length and 'shorts', that I aspire to make. My biggest dream, currently, is to make a feature film starring the daring General Nathan Bedford Forrest. Once again, a lot of research required. Good thing I find researching addictive and fun!

Wanna bet her only research will be watching "Birth of a Nation (1915)?"

Oh dear G-d, she has a blog just for movie and book reviews.  This is the gift that keeps on giving.

http://reformationreviews.weebly.com/movies

SHE REVIEWED "THE HELP!"

http://reformationreviews.weebly.com/movies/the-help

As you can imagine, she "wouldn't necessarily recommend it."

1 hour ago, Shoobydoo said:

I figured it was just some yooneek spelling. I am totally going to think of her as Rah-cheel now, though. :pb_lol:

My guess is that Rachael is meant to be a phonetic English transliteration of the Hebrew spelling of Rachel. 

1 minute ago, Cleopatra7 said:

My guess is that Rachael is meant to be a phonetic English transliteration of the Hebrew spelling of Rachel. 

Hmm... I have seen the spelling Rachel used often, as well as Rachael, but never Racheal. Although, I've just noticed that my autocorrect doesn't flag Racheal as incorrect, either? Maybe it is just an obscure spelling not commonly used in the US. 

Amusingly, googling Racheal pulls up a miss Racheal who lives in Lusaka, Zambia. It's a sign! Maybe John Shrader will have a baby girl and name her Racheal! 

The name Rachel traditionally was spelled without the "e" in English.  I suppose people started using the Rachael spelling in the 80s.  I never saw it before the 90s.  Yep, one of my family members is named Rachel without the "e'.

ETA:  I just read  Racheal's review of The Search which is an outstanding film starring Montgomery Clift  as a GI who takes a Czech boy under his wing and who had been in a concentration camp.  The boy is looking for his mother and obviously is scarred emotionally by the War.  (He's catatonic at first.)  The marvelous Aline MacMahon plays a Red Cross worker helping with the refugee children and who also serves as the narrator.  The Czech boy who played Karel won a juvenile Oscar for his performance.  Yep, he's that good.  It's too bad that Racheal said the boy was Polish.  I'm rather surprised that she liked it as much as she did.  

8 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

Good thing I find researching addictive and fun!

If this is true then why the hell hasn't she taken the time to research slavery?!!!!! She just doesn't want to know the truth about her favorite pet subject. 

Am I reading it correctly that she isn't even a Southerner? 

It looks like she grew up in Southern Florida (SE of Tampa) and lives on her family's farm about an hour north of Indianapolis. YMMV on whether she's a "Southerner" or not. I don't remember Florida being terribly important in the Civil War, but I might have been asleep that day- I struggled with the "dates and flowcharts" style of history class.

The KKK was (and is) huge in Indiana, though. So the racism is authentic enough.

And you guys weren't kidding- she and Lori need to get together and start ordering moisturizer in industrial sizes.

3 hours ago, lawfulevil said:

The KKK was (and is) huge in Indiana, though. So the racism is authentic enough.

Weird fact: the KKK has always had the largest membership rates in Indiana. But it still doesn't make her Southern...

13 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

SHE REVIEWED "THE HELP!"

http://reformationreviews.weebly.com/movies/the-help

As you can imagine, she "wouldn't necessarily recommend it."

Also, for the ones in search of films with modest-clothing...there is some tight and low in this movie. (And some kissing--both pre- and post-marital.)

Oh dear--I'm so terribly sorry that your delicate self was exposed to some post-marital kissing. Should probably go grab one of your guns and go shooting with some cosplaying Nazis to cleanse your palate. 

The overall worldview: While God is mentioned and apparently believed in by Aibileen, He appears to be rather irrelevent to the facts of life.

Well Racheal, I'm sorry but I think that the blatant racism and horrendous treatment of the maids in this movie, is more profound then anything else. Aibileen is a good Christian woman, she just doesn't have to spout off about how godly she is. You might try to learn from her example! 

16 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Homeshcooled[sic] by someone who didn't know how to spell Rachael, no less.

I stand corrected. Racheal is also an acceptable variation of Rachel, as are Rachelle, Rachaiel, Rachelle, Rachyl, Raschelle, Ruchel (Yiddish), and Rahel (Biblical Latin).

It's from the Hebrew for "Ewe", alternatively, the “Pure innocence of the lamb"

I found this information on the internet so it must be true.

Oh God, her movie reviews you guys. The sexual repression and sour grapes are nearly suffocating.

I think that Peggy has (historically speaking, as well as biblically) too much of an out-front role. I cannot argue against any and all female agents (particularly in a time of war), because they most certainly can (and do!) play a supporting role to men, but Peggy occasionally passes that (like when she goes into combat with the men).

Betty Grable makes a beautiful, and sympathetic, feminist who wants both worlds--marriage and a doting husband and the "right" to work like a man. I am not a person who will argue that a woman being able to support herself is wrong, but once married in particular, it is a woman's duty to submit herself to her husband and come home (assuming she had been part of the workforce). 

Well, you ain't married and don't earn any money and you can barely even make dinner, so what gives?

Being of the persuasion that women are, in general, to remain at home (not to be ornament or bumps on a log or slaves or anything of that sort), the film left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Yep, wouldn't want to be a slave...

My mother once told me that her aunt, who herself was in the workforce, stated that "America went [wrong] when the women went to work."

Your family sounds like such a peach.

Archived