IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians

fraurosena

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Don't tread on meh :

When tattoos go wrong.  I once saw someone with a large cross tattooed on his arm that said "Salavation."  Hope they got a discount.  :angry-devil:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/27/2018 at 11:42 AM, Cartmann99 said:

Meanwhile, at the Family Values Brothel:

If Trump starts tweeting favorably about Hof, Daddy Huckabee will ask TBN for permission to do a live edition of his show from Hof's brothel.

He thinks there needs to be more accountability from schools."Let's get some bang for the buck," he [Hof] said.

Incredibly poor choice of words for a brothel owner.....just sayin'.  

I was going to post this in the marches thread, but since that is far more positive, I thought it should go here: "Man arrested after shouting ‘womp, womp’ and pulling a gun on immigration protesters"

Spoiler

The gathering at a park gazebo in Huntsville, Ala., was by no means the largest of Saturday’s nationwide protests against President Trump’s “zero tolerance” border policies, though it was memorable for other reasons.

It began around noon, as an Episcopalian priest delivered a prayer to about 100 protesters gathered around the gazebo and a man marched back and forth in front of her, shouting “womp, womp!”

“Holy and ever-loving God . . .” said the priest, Kerry Holder-Joffrion.

“Womp, womp!” said the man.

“We pray for the children of this nation and all nations . . .”

“WOMP, WOMP!”

The man was parroting former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who had uttered the same sound on Fox News several days earlier during a discussion about migrant children being seized from their parents at the border. Lewandowski’s sarcastic “womp, womp” revolted many people — but also apparently inspired a certain segment of Trump’s supporters, as the people at Big Spring Park were now discovering.

“We offer your love to all of our children . . .” Holder-Joffrion continued.

“Womp, womp!”

This was not the man’s only message. He held a sign above his head on which was written “ICE ICE Baby,” and he occasionally shout-sang the notes of a hip-hop song by the same name over the prayer.

The man had a handgun tucked in his cargo pants, according to police.

After he had disrupted the first half of Holder-Joffrion’s prayer, a few protesters began drifting away from the audience to confront the man. A woman paced backward in front of him, holding her own sign in his face as he marched forward — “Super Callous Racist Fascist Sexist Braggadocious.”

“Where are your ancestors from?” someone asked the man.

“Alabama!” he answered.

Holder-Joffrion felt her stomach tighten but made up her mind to finish the prayer.

“I didn’t open my eyes, so that I could stay focused,” she told The Washington Post. “My voice gained volume as it became more chaotic.”

In fact, she nearly shouted her remaining verses, cheered on by the crowd while the man continued to shout in the background.

“We ask that you give us the strength in the face of the opposition not to hate, but to love,” Holder-Joffrion said, the lines coming to her in the moment. “Prayer is stronger than hatred!”

It was around this point that the gun came out.

A Huntsville police spokesman said the man — identified as 34-year-old Shane Ryan Sealy — pushed one of the protesters, who pushed him back and knocked him to the ground, at which point Sealy allegedly produced the weapon.

Holder-Joffrion still had her eyes closed, and she said her husband, Democratic congressional candidate Peter Joffrion, didn’t see a scuffle — just a protester telling Sealy to “leave, leave, leave, leave.”

In any case, the weapon came out of the waistband.

“Gun, gun, gun, gun!” someone shouted in video published by WAFF 48 — just as Holder-Joffrion was praying for the nation’s strength.

Panicked shouts drowned her out, and the camera turned from the priest to Sealy, about 15 feet from the gazebo, brandishing what appeared to be a pistol at the crowd.

Most people dropped. “I got down on my face on the other side of the gazebo right here and just cried, I was so in shock,” rally organizer Ava Caldwell told WBTV.

But several protesters remained upright. One man pointed directly at Sealy, shouting warnings that the man was armed.

Holder-Joffrion said she remained standing under the gazebo, eyes still shut in concentration, determined to finish her prayer no matter what happened.

The video shows Sealy putting the gun back in his waistband and backing away from the crowd, then turning around and walking quickly in the opposite direction.

Of the few protesters who followed him, most did so with obvious caution — one man still holding his “Brown People Are Still People” sign as he watched Sealy go.

But a white-haired man nearly sprinted in pursuit, tossing his cap to the ground as he chased Sealy toward a tree line.

Sealy didn’t make it that far. A police cruiser soon rolled across the grass to meet him, and then a second car approached from his left.

He put his hands up, still holding his “ICE ICE Baby” sign. A former high school teacher, according to AL.com, he was initially arrested for possessing a gun within 1,000 feet of a protest. But he would later be booked into jail on misdemeanor charges of menacing and reckless endangerment.

Holder-Joffrion had her eyes closed through most of the action. She said she remained under the gazebo, continuing her prayer through to “Amen.”

When she finally opened her eyes, she looked across the park and saw about half a dozen police officers standing over Sealy.

“I realized they’d been among us in the crowd all along,” she said.

All around her, people were shaking, crying and getting up from the ground. A young girl who had been scheduled to speak later in the rally was too traumatized to get the words out, Holder-Joffrion said.

Still, the protest went on. Holder-Joffrion said a pastor delivered a second prayer immediately after hers — this one in Spanish.

There are videos embedded in the article.

As always, I wonder how long it’ll be until Spanky McFuckface pardons him and offers him a White House job?

He is still getting dragged because he won't give up. 

Everyone is responding with pictures of houses that Ocasio-Cortez also didn't live in 

Poor Alan Dershowitz has encountered uncivility on Martha's Vineyard

On 7/2/2018 at 11:47 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Everyone is responding with pictures of houses that Ocasio-Cortez also didn't live in

The obvious thing is that with neighborhoods like this, there's always a modest, much, much more modest neighborhood in the area.  That's where the servants, grounds people, cooks and what not live. 

Alan Dershowitz has a bad case of Trumps

I couldn't care less, he says, while whining.

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

High school kids and their idols these days... 

Great find, @AmazonGrace!  Andrew Kirell is a funny, funny guy.

In the midst of all the MAGA crazy there are times when I have to ask myself, "Really, does it get any better than this?".  There is so much winning, so much SRSLY?, WTAF?, OMFG!, face palm CRAZY PANTS, so much The Jokes Just Write Themselves, I just have to laugh, kinda like JK Rowling's response to Trump self identifying as a great author. 

17 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

High school kids and their idols these days... 

Where's Dennis Hof? Jesse Watters, Anthony Scaramucci, and Jason Miller are all adulterers, so there's no moral grounds for excluding the proprietor of the Family Values Brothel.

Then who can forget this gem from last year when Branch Trumpvidians accused the NPR of pushing "propaganda" for tweeting out the Declaration of Independence?

Perhaps it was the Founding Fathers’ capitalization of random words or the sentence fragments into which some of the Declaration’s most recognizable lines were broken. But plenty of Twitter users reacted angrily to the thread, accusing NPR of spamming them — or, worse, trying to push an agenda.

“Seriously, this is the dumbest idea I have ever seen on twitter,” a Twitter user named Darren Mills said after NPR had only gotten as far as the Declaration’s dateline. “Literally no one is going to read 5000 tweets about this trash.”

You just know that the caller had to be a BT: "A black lawmaker was campaigning door to door in her district. A constituent called 911."

Spoiler

State Rep. Janelle Bynum, an Oregon Democrat, was talking to constituents, typing notes on her cellphone as she knocked on doors in her district just outside Portland.

Then a sheriff’s deputy pulled up.

Bynum — who is black — said a resident in the Clackamas County neighborhood where she was canvassing had called the police on Tuesday, thinking she was “suspicious” because she was going door to door and “spending a lot of time typing on her cellphone after each house.”

“Live from the mean streets of Clackamas!!!” she wrote in a Facebook post recounting the incident, which the Root summarized in hashtag form: #CampaigningWhileBlack.

In recent months, black people have found themselves the subjects of 911 calls over mundane and innocuous activities, like napping. Or in Bynum’s case, for doing her job.

Such false-alarm emergency calls over nonemergency incidents, some of which have been captured on video, have raised questions about whether people were calling the police not because of what someone was doing, but because of the person’s race.

Hence, #LivingWhileBlack and its variations, #[insert action word here]WhileBlack, were born.

The Washington Post was not able to reach Bynum on Thursday morning. But she told the Oregonian that she had just finished speaking with someone at one of the 30 homes she visited Tuesday afternoon and was typing notes about her conversations on her phone when she saw the sheriff’s deputy in his patrol car.

The officer asked her if she was selling something, and Bynum introduced herself as a state legislator.

“It was just bizarre,” she told the Oregonian. “It boils down to people not knowing their neighbors and people having a sense of fear in their neighborhoods, which is kind of my job to help eradicate. But at the end of the day, it’s important for people to feel like they can talk to each other to help minimize misunderstandings.”

The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office did not respond to a request for comment. Bynum said in her Facebook post that the deputy, whom she referred to as Officer Campbell, “responded professionally.”

The two took a selfie, and Bynum posted the picture on Facebook.

One Facebook commenter said the incident was “#racepalm unbelievable.”

In her interview with the Oregonian, Bynum said she told the deputy that calling 911 over nonemergency incidents takes officers away from more urgent matters.

And, she said, it also “can be dangerous for people like me.”

In her Facebook post, Bynum said she asked the sheriff’s deputy to connect her with the 911 caller. The woman, who was not identified, had already left the neighborhood. But, Bynum wrote: “The officer called her, we talked and she did apologize.”

Bynum was first elected to the Oregon House of Representatives in 2016 and is running for reelection this year. She represents House District 51, which covers parts of Portland and its eastern suburbs.

There have been several other similarly banal activities viewed with a suspicious lens in recent weeks.

For a 12-year-old black boy in Ohio, it was mowing the lawn. For an 8-year-old girl in California, it was selling water outside the apartment building where she lives. And for a pair of young black men in Philadelphia, it was sitting inside a Starbucks waiting for a person they were supposed to meet.

In May, Lolade Siyonbola said a fellow Yale University graduate student called the police on her after she dozed off in one of the school’s common rooms. Campus police later said Siyonbola “had every right” to be in that room and that the incident was “not a police matter.”

That same month, black sorority girls wearing gloves and identical T-shirts bearing their group’s insignia said they were reported to police while they were picking up trash on a Pennsylvania highway. And Memphis real estate investor Michael Hayes was prying boards off an abandoned home he had a contract to inspect when a neighbor called the police and accused him of trespassing.

Last month, a group of black people wrote to the House and Senate Judiciary committees asking for a hearing on racial profiling before the August recess, The Washington Post’s Cleve R. Wootson Jr. reported. One of them is Darren Martin, a former Barack Obama White House staffer who said neighbors called the police as he was moving into his new Manhattan apartment in April.

“These egregious affronts on human rights, eerily reminiscent of some of the darkest chapters in our nation’s history, are the sad reality for black people in America,” the letter says. “We would request that this new hearing widen the focus from just the police, as in previous hearings, to addressing prejudice and profiling from public companies to private citizens, as well.”

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's a good summary of the #Walkaway  campaign currently underway on social media:

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived