IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians

fraurosena

16 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

We know the founding fathers were flawed, owned slaves and were not perfect, that being said I never knew they were anti-American. To quote Trump "Who Knew"? 

Some of the founding fathers also argued against the uneducated having the right to vote.  Sometimes, I think they were onto something.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

‘I was offered a .22 bullet’: Mom who shared son’s surgery bill online got deluge of death threats.

Spoiler

A former pediatric nurse who shared her son’s surgery bill on Twitter as a reason to fight the Republican effort to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA) — also known as ‘Obamacare’ — received waves of support when her post went viral.

But then, as Alison Chandra wrote on Vox.com Friday, the death threats started and introduced her to “the darkness lurking in the savage corners of the internet.”

“I was offered a .22 bullet, although I’m still not sure whom he meant it for, me or my child,” Chandra said. Right-wing commenters began spreading rumors that Chandra was “a foreigner or, worse, a terrorist” because a self-described “white girl from New Jersey” couldn’t possibly be named Ali Chandra.

More Branch Trumpvidians proving why they earned my everlasting hostility towards them and that orange douchenozzle.

Meanwhile an Iowa Branch Trumpvidian has pled guilty to election misconduct for voting twice for the Orange Fucksicle

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — An Iowa woman charged with voting twice for Donald Trump last fall has pleaded guilty to election misconduct.

Court records show Terri Lynn Rote entered a plea on June 27 to the felony charge and a district court judge in Des Moines accepted the plea. Sentencing is set for Aug. 15.

@47of74 -- geez. If she had been a minority or an immigrant (legal or not), Kobach and Agent Orange would be screaming about her non-stop.

3 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

@47of74 -- geez. If she had been a minority or an immigrant (legal or not), Kobach and Agent Orange would be screaming about her non-stop.

No kidding.  The reich wingers around here are always ready to hold an electronic Klan rally any time a minority or immigrant (legal or not) slips up.  They get very, very quiet when a white man is the guilty party.  Or blame President Obama like some of those douchefucksticks did after Sandy Hook.

Uh oh, more voting shenanigans.

On July 6 Linn County Auditor Joel D. Miller issued a letter to the Linn County Attorney’s Office and the FBI requesting that they follow-up on five cases of suspected double-voting in the November 2016 election.

The Auditor’s Office became aware of the suspected double-voting as a result of an annual cross-state match of voting records between Iowa and other states.

Three of the suspects cast ballots in Iowa and Arkansas; one suspect cast ballots in Iowa and Nebraska; and one suspect cast ballots in Iowa and South Carolina. Three of the suspects are women and two are men.

Three of the suspects currently own real estate in Linn County. The youngest suspect is 41 and the oldest is 66.

Gonna hop out on the ol' limb here and guess that these individuals were all supporters of the Orange Fucksicle.  (I could be wrong, but that's what my soon to be operated upon gut tells me).

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since many KKKers are BTs, I went with this thread: "KKK marchers say they will be armed Saturday at Charlottesville rally"

Spoiler

A Ku Klux Klan chapter holding a rally in downtown Charlottesville on Saturday afternoon says it expects 80 to 100 members and supporters to take part in the protest and that most will have guns with them.

“It’s an open-carry state, so our members will be armed,” said James Moore, a member of the Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, which is headquartered in Pelham, N.C., near the Virginia border. Moore said that if members are attacked, they will defend themselves.

The KKK is protesting the Charlottesville City Council’s decision this year to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee from a public park and rename that park. Once called Lee Park, it is now Emancipation Park. A court injunction has halted the statue’s removal until a November hearing. On Thursday, a “Confederate Heroes” plaque attached to the statue was removed by city workers.

“The liberals are taking away our heritage,” Moore said. “By taking these monuments away, that’s what they’re working on. They’re trying to erase the white culture right out of the history books.”

Ahead of the 3 p.m. rally in Justice Park, Charlottesville leaders are urging calm and encouraging residents and visitors to avoid direct confrontations with the Klan. They say the Klan would like nothing more than a violent showdown, because it would bring the group attention.

“Our approach all the way through, from our police chief on down, has been to urge people not to take this totally discredited fringe organization’s putrid bait at all,” Mayor Michael Signer said. “The only thing they seem to want is division and confrontation and a twisted kind of celebrity. The most successful defiance will be to refuse to take their bait and continue to tell our story. Then their memory of Charlottesville will be of a community that repudiated them by not getting drawn into their pathetic drama.”

While Charlottesville officials and police are hoping that the rally goes off without incident, the city is prepared to respond quickly if there are problems, Signer said.

“Public safety is our most sacrosanct duty to our public and our visitors,” he said. “If any one of these people breaks any law, including those governing assault and disorderly conduct, they will be swiftly dealt with and brought to justice.”

The city is supporting numerous community groups, churches, businesses and organizations that have joined forces to present various activities, concerts and prayer services away from the protest site throughout the day. In addition, the University of Virginia has issued a statement condemning the KKK and urging members of the university community to avoid confrontation and support the other events.

Hunter Smith, owner of a local brewery, formed Unity C-Ville in response to the rally plans. Smith, 31, said he wanted to provide activities for city residents to express their solidarity on Saturday without directly confronting the marchers.

“I was concerned that a bunch of people were going to go and give these folks exactly what they were looking for, which is attention,” Smith said. “The best-case scenario is that these guys come in and have their sad little rally and talk to themselves and leave and that we demonstrate that this is not a place that will be divided.”

But others say it’s important to confront the Klan directly.

“We want them to know there’s no platform for white supremacy,” said Grace Aheron, who works for a nonprofit organization in Charlottesville and is taking part in a counterdemonstration with the group Showing Up for Racial Justice. “They say to ignore them and that they’re just a small group, but we’ve watched the rise of many people, including our current president, who hold many similar views. It’s enraging that the city would give a permit to a known terrorist organization.”

The council’s decision to remove the Lee statue has attracted opposition from a number of groups, including white supremacists. In May, the self-proclaimed white nationalist leader Richard Spencer took part in two protests against the decision, including a nighttime gathering where dozens of participants carried torches.

Reached by phone Thursday, Spencer said he had not heard about the KKK’s protest and had no plans to attend. He said that while he did not want to be associated with the group, he supported its call to keep the Lee statue in place.

Doron Ezickson, the Washington regional director for the Anti-Defamation League, says the emboldening of white nationalist groups and the KKK across the country is a concern, but he hopes their impact is limited. He also recommended that counterprotesters avoid direct confrontation that could lead to violence.

“The more attention they get, the more hope that they have to increase their impact,” Ezickson said. “We would respectfully suggest that the appropriate and smart thing to do is to come together as communities but don’t do so in a way that risks physical altercation.”

How much do you want to bet at least a couple red MAGA hats will be on display? It makes me sick that the KKK is going to be out in public, ruining a summer day.

11 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since many KKKers are BTs, I went with this thread: "KKK marchers say they will be armed Saturday at Charlottesville rally"

Reveal hidden contents

A Ku Klux Klan chapter holding a rally in downtown Charlottesville on Saturday afternoon says it expects 80 to 100 members and supporters to take part in the protest and that most will have guns with them.

“It’s an open-carry state, so our members will be armed,” said James Moore, a member of the Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, which is headquartered in Pelham, N.C., near the Virginia border. Moore said that if members are attacked, they will defend themselves.

The KKK is protesting the Charlottesville City Council’s decision this year to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee from a public park and rename that park. Once called Lee Park, it is now Emancipation Park. A court injunction has halted the statue’s removal until a November hearing. On Thursday, a “Confederate Heroes” plaque attached to the statue was removed by city workers.

“The liberals are taking away our heritage,” Moore said. “By taking these monuments away, that’s what they’re working on. They’re trying to erase the white culture right out of the history books.”

Ahead of the 3 p.m. rally in Justice Park, Charlottesville leaders are urging calm and encouraging residents and visitors to avoid direct confrontations with the Klan. They say the Klan would like nothing more than a violent showdown, because it would bring the group attention.

“Our approach all the way through, from our police chief on down, has been to urge people not to take this totally discredited fringe organization’s putrid bait at all,” Mayor Michael Signer said. “The only thing they seem to want is division and confrontation and a twisted kind of celebrity. The most successful defiance will be to refuse to take their bait and continue to tell our story. Then their memory of Charlottesville will be of a community that repudiated them by not getting drawn into their pathetic drama.”

While Charlottesville officials and police are hoping that the rally goes off without incident, the city is prepared to respond quickly if there are problems, Signer said.

“Public safety is our most sacrosanct duty to our public and our visitors,” he said. “If any one of these people breaks any law, including those governing assault and disorderly conduct, they will be swiftly dealt with and brought to justice.”

The city is supporting numerous community groups, churches, businesses and organizations that have joined forces to present various activities, concerts and prayer services away from the protest site throughout the day. In addition, the University of Virginia has issued a statement condemning the KKK and urging members of the university community to avoid confrontation and support the other events.

Hunter Smith, owner of a local brewery, formed Unity C-Ville in response to the rally plans. Smith, 31, said he wanted to provide activities for city residents to express their solidarity on Saturday without directly confronting the marchers.

“I was concerned that a bunch of people were going to go and give these folks exactly what they were looking for, which is attention,” Smith said. “The best-case scenario is that these guys come in and have their sad little rally and talk to themselves and leave and that we demonstrate that this is not a place that will be divided.”

But others say it’s important to confront the Klan directly.

“We want them to know there’s no platform for white supremacy,” said Grace Aheron, who works for a nonprofit organization in Charlottesville and is taking part in a counterdemonstration with the group Showing Up for Racial Justice. “They say to ignore them and that they’re just a small group, but we’ve watched the rise of many people, including our current president, who hold many similar views. It’s enraging that the city would give a permit to a known terrorist organization.”

The council’s decision to remove the Lee statue has attracted opposition from a number of groups, including white supremacists. In May, the self-proclaimed white nationalist leader Richard Spencer took part in two protests against the decision, including a nighttime gathering where dozens of participants carried torches.

Reached by phone Thursday, Spencer said he had not heard about the KKK’s protest and had no plans to attend. He said that while he did not want to be associated with the group, he supported its call to keep the Lee statue in place.

Doron Ezickson, the Washington regional director for the Anti-Defamation League, says the emboldening of white nationalist groups and the KKK across the country is a concern, but he hopes their impact is limited. He also recommended that counterprotesters avoid direct confrontation that could lead to violence.

“The more attention they get, the more hope that they have to increase their impact,” Ezickson said. “We would respectfully suggest that the appropriate and smart thing to do is to come together as communities but don’t do so in a way that risks physical altercation.”

How much do you want to bet at least a couple red MAGA hats will be on display? It makes me sick that the KKK is going to be out in public, ruining a summer day.

There's also a good chance one of them will shoot themselves.  As evidenced by the last rally, they apparently aren't that skilled with guns.

19 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Uh oh, more voting shenanigans.

Gonna hop out on the ol' limb here and guess that these individuals were all supporters of the Orange Fucksicle.  (I could be wrong, but that's what my soon to be operated upon gut tells me).

Well, interesting that they all double-voted in red states. And the Iowa/SC one, well, no early voting in SC, so is there in Iowa, @47of74? Cause if not, that's quite an election day trip!

4 hours ago, Childless said:

There's also a good chance one of them will shoot themselves.  As evidenced by the last rally, they apparently aren't that skilled with guns.

:pb_rollseyes: Oops, thought I had some concern here in my pocket but, nope. People need to stay away from this predictable disaster.

MAGA hats on top of white hoods! Style update for the KKK.

15 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

Well, interesting that they all double-voted in red states. And the Iowa/SC one, well, no early voting in SC, so is there in Iowa, @47of74? Cause if not, that's quite an election day trip!

Yes we do have early voting here in Iowa.  Dubuque County has an election annex where people can go in and cast absentee ballots before election day so that's what I normally do.  They set that up so people wouldn't have to go to the courthouse.  It's been years since I voted at my assigned precinct.  And I always try to vote in every single election, no matter how small the election is.

I have no idea if the BT's in this video are actors or the real deal (and that in and of itself is telling, isn't it) but it's hilarious either way. 

50 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I have no idea if the BT's in this video are actors or the real deal (and that in and of itself is telling, isn't it) but it's hilarious either way. 

OMG, is that Triumph? I guess Trump has put him out of business now.

I don't know, if those are actors, they were pretty good. I can't decide if you would be able to get a supporter to sign a release for that or not. Maybe.

If these weren't actors, it reveals an all-to-common side of group mentality. I suspect many a Trump fan is like a Duggar. If they leave the compound, who will be their friend? Best to just follow the leader and not think too hard.

Aaaaaaand, the BTs are off and running: "The Trump Internet’s defense of Donald Trump Jr.’s tweets shows how quickly messaging falls into place"

Spoiler

President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., tweeted out a series of emails from the 2016 campaign Tuesday, showing that he agreed to a meeting with a “Russian government lawyer” who was said to have damaging information on Hillary Clinton. The offer was part of “Russia and its government’s support” for the Trump team, according to the emails.

The tweeted emails blew up on Twitter and confirmed previous reporting, particularly from the New York Times, about Trump Jr. being offered potentially compromising information about Clinton from the Russian government. Among Trump’s online base, however, the emails meant basically one thing: that the mainstream media got owned again.

“BOOM! Donald Trump Jr. Beats #FakeNews and Releases Entire Email Chain on Meeting Russian Lawyer,” read a headline on Gateway Pundit shortly after Trump Jr.’s tweets. The pro-Trump site was picking up on an insta-reaction from Charlie Kirk, who founded Turning Point USA and campaigned with Trump.

Others on the pro-Trump Internet followed with their own similar, instant analyses. “NY Times story blown out of the water,” Jack Posobiec tweeted. He then hopped on Periscope, the live-streaming service, to tell his followers that mainstream reports on the significance of those emails was nothing more than “confirmation bias.”

“This is not proof of anything,” Posobiec said. “You’ve got an email from one source who’s this fat nutjob who says Russia supports Trump.” Based on context, Posobiec was probably referring to Rob Goldstone, a music publicist. Goldstone represented Emin Agalarov, whose father, Aras, is an Azerbaijani Russian businessman with connections to Russian President Vladimir Putin. Father and son were both referenced in the email exchange.

Other insta-analyses around the Trump Internet defended and celebrated Trump Jr.’s emails, which the son of the president published after the New York Times had obtained them and was preparing to publish a story about it. A stickied thread on r/The_Donald, a popular pro-Trump message board on Reddit, cheered Trump Jr.’s decision to tweet the emails. Mike Cernovich tweeted that the emails proved “the lying NY Times fabricated another fake story.” And Scott Adams, the Dilbert creator who has become an active voice on the pro-Trump Internet, launched his own Periscope to discuss the emails with his fans.

Adams seemed certain that the emails contained no evidence that Trump Jr. had done anything wrong or even sketchy. “In what country do we live where listening to somebody talk in America is illegal?” he said.

As BuzzFeed reported this week, Trump’s online base of support was already rallying around Trump Jr. in response to the New York Times’s series of reports on the Trump son’s meeting. An anonymous pro-Trump Internet personality told BuzzFeed on Monday that when “liberal Fake News starts its coordinated attack on Don Jr., the pro-Trump online ecosystem tries to defend him as best we can.”

Trump Jr. — particularly his Twitter feed — has been a reliable presence in the pro-Trump Internet. Last week, for instance, when Trump supporters were accusing CNN of “blackmailing” an Internet troll who created a version of an anti-CNN meme that was later tweeted by the president, Trump Jr. joined in. Trump Jr. later found his own anti-CNN meme to tweet.

The Trump Internet is in constant collision with mainstream media, and the way in which today’s news played out online is no exception. The emergent narrative, as it was now, is almost always one of victory. Remember the Comey hearings, which confirmed several anonymously sourced stories about the Trump administration? The Trump Internet found plenty to celebrate in the hearings, too. And that narrative was crafted almost instantly as the hearings unfolded, particularly by a gleeful live-tweeting session by one of the Trump Internet’s best-known members. He was, of course, Trump Jr. himself:

I'm most upset by Scott Adams. I always loved him, especially his Dilbert stuff, but he's gone to the dark side.

Scott Adams? Nooooo! How can a guy who has  spent literally decades skewering the idiots of the corporate world not see through the Trump idiocy?  The worLD has gone mad,I tell you, Mad!

I have no idea at all how people who should know better are somehow fooled by Trump and don't seem to see what others think is so obvious as to be impossible to overlook.

I can see average, general distrust of the media and stopping to question things rather than just believe what you are told, but not this "fake news" fervor and the scale it has taken on. It is truly frightening to watch this happen in the US. 

How can they not apply that same distrust and questioning to what Trump and his administration says?

Every single president of the past century (and more) has had their fair share of trouble with the media, but never have they taken on such animosity and aggression towards the press as to label them an enemy and attack them repeatedly in such contempt and with such zeal that the president's fanbase, both public and private citizens, takes up the fight and joins in.

I am horrified. Just what hold does this man have on people, and what has happened to common sense and common decency that he can shove himself into our lives and change us into people we can hardly recognize as who we were just a few years ago?

I cannot comprehend what hold he has on them - People who believe the lies and tricks of a charlatan and turn against each other even when it hurts our mutual best interests. Even when it could not be more obvious that Trump lies constantly, and should never be taken at his word by any adult with a working knowledge of what a shyster looks and sounds and acts like.

No matter how bad you think things are, or how badly you want to believe him, or how desperately you want him to be right...how can people listen to him and watch him and STILL NOT SEE how toxic he is and what he's really trying to accomplish? He clearly has an agenda, and actually, truly caring about people and/or America is not part of that!

He is NOT that good a liar!

Oh, how I loathe and despise Donald Trump for this, for what he's done to America, for how he's stolen our common basic innocence and trust in each other and used it as a weapon against us for his own personal benefit. 

Gone, gone, all gone, and we will never get it back. 

I think its part that they don't care because they have someone in power who has the same disgusting beliefs as them.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of bots at work right now, posing as BT's. 

Trump Supporters Enraged by 18th-Century Custard Recipe

And Trump supporters on YouTube also found something to get pissed about: an 18th-century dessert.

Townsends, a popular cooking channel with almost 300,000 subscribers and hundreds of videos, specializes in 18th-century cooking and lifestyle content. It's where you might go to learn how to make parched corn or salt-glazed pottery—and it unintentionally ignited a firestorm when it released a video on July 3 about a traditional dessert known as the "orange fool."

If you read those two words and immediately thought of our current commander-in-chief, you're not alone. The typically quaint comments section of the Townsends video was quickly inundated with mentions of "cucks" and MAGA. The reaction to the video was so acrimonious—viewers on both sides of the aisle argued, and Trump supporters threatened to unsubscribe—that Townsends decided to issue a response video two days later, titled "The Intrusion Of Modern Politics On Our YouTube Channel," to address the perceived political motivations of "orange fool."

But was "orange fool" really a subtle insult towards the President on the day of our nation's birth? It's just a basic custard recipe infused with orange juice, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

On 8 July 2017 at 1:50 PM, Childless said:

I sincerely hope they do manage to shoot each other. 

On 8 July 2017 at 9:10 PM, fraurosena said:

Has to be actors right? If not ???????????????????????????????????! WTF??????????

15 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Oh, FFS, these people.

14 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Has to be actors right? If not ???????????????????????????????????! WTF??????????

Yeah, but I think that's one of the real causes of the unbelievable adherence to the cult. If you put any of those people in a room alone and show them the videos you might get a different answer from them. Peer pressure is a huge factor with these people. You can see that some of them don't know how to react and a few of them keep disappearing. But you can't speak out again the group or you will feel the wrath of the Thumpvidians.

On 7/18/2017 at 6:24 PM, 47of74 said:

Townsends, a popular cooking channel with almost 300,000 subscribers and hundreds of videos, specializes in 18th-century cooking and lifestyle content. It's where you might go to learn how to make parched corn or salt-glazed pottery—and it unintentionally ignited a firestorm when it released a video on July 3 about a traditional dessert known as the "orange fool."

Until today, I had never heard of Townsends. I watched the video where they prepared the orange fool, and it was just showing how to prepare it like they would have during that era, and educating the audience about how this would have been perceived as very special dessert during that time period. There was no political commentary. The orange fool looked delicious to me, I enjoy citrus-flavored desserts.

Poor man, he goes out of his way to educate people about what life was like during that era, and this is the thanks he gets. The video where he expresses his frustration made me want to smack the MAGA folks upside the head.

Casting pearls before swine...

I've bookmarked his channel to peruse more fully later on, as I enjoy learning about history and I love to cook.

37 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Until today, I had never heard of Townsends. I watched the video where they prepared the orange fool, and it was just showing how to prepare it like they would have during that era, and educating the audience about how this would have been perceived as very special dessert during that time period. There was no political commentary. The orange fool looked delicious to me, I enjoy citrus-flavored desserts.

Poor man, he goes out of his way to educate people about what life was like during that era, and this is the thanks he gets. The video where he expresses his frustration made me want to smack the MAGA folks upside the head.

Casting pearls before swine...

I've bookmarked his channel to peruse more fully later on, as I enjoy learning about history and I love to cook.

When I was out in Gettysburg back in 2001 I stopped at one of the local restaurants for dinner and they specialized in making dishes that were popular at the time of the battle, trying to get as close as possible to the original recipes and methods of cooking.  They were all pretty good.  I wouldn't mind going there again some time (as long as Branch Trumpvidians are no where in sight).

A North Dakota Branch Trumpvidian found out the hard way that emulating her orange fuckhead hero in public can cost big time

FARGO—A confrontation at a Fargo Wal-Mart parking lot is creating a national media frenzy after a video of an argument went viral.

A Mapleton, North Dakota woman telling three young Somali women they are going to die.

Amber Elizabeth Hensley has since apologized, saying she lost her cool.

Amber Hensley lost her job Wednesday.

On 7/24/2017 at 6:55 PM, 47of74 said:

When I was out in Gettysburg back in 2001 I stopped at one of the local restaurants for dinner and they specialized in making dishes that were popular at the time of the battle, trying to get as close as possible to the original recipes and methods of cooking.

It really makes you grateful to live in this era, when you read or see demonstrations of those old recipes and realize how much work went into preparing food. :pb_smile:

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived