IGNORED

Daniel Brooker engaged

LilMissMetaphor

I love the skinny jeans phase for my teeny tiny skinny toddler. They look like normal jeans on him ;) He usually wears leggings as easy for him to use the toilet and well...all others fall off him he's so skinny. Ugh why won't my child eat ;(

if my husband wore them we would have words though!

the kids are calling both parents Mommy & Daddy. It's actually sweet as I'm sure they are also honouring the memory of their late parent as well. Daniel & Brittany seem very intentional in that. 

I do wonder what Aubrey's birth mother was told about the cancer as well. Ethan's parents seem to have lost parental rights so may not have had much choice but Aubrey's mother would have had lots of choice. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I do wonder what Aubrey's birth mother was told about the cancer as well. Ethan's parents seem to have lost parental rights so may not have had much choice but Aubrey's mother would have had lots of choice. 

I have always been under the impression that Ethan's biological parents were the same as Aubrey's.  There has been discussion here about how much they resemble one another.  Ethan was adopted at something like 8 months, but Aubrey right from birth.  Not to be confused with Aubrey v.1 whose adoption fell through.

And Daniel's clothing style is deplorable.  The skinny jeans, the pointy girly shoes reminiscent of the early 90s, the low-cut scoop-neck t-shirts.  I think Lyndsie was his stylist, but he needs to realize she was wrong.

• Upvote 1

I don't think they resemble each other but I'm not that observant so you could be right. 

Although I'm sure I've read him say 'both Aubrey's and Ethan's birth parents' but can't find the post!

• Upvote 1

The birth mother in the disrupted Aubrey 1 adoption posted on FJ yuku. She said that Lyndsie and Daniel said thatLyyndsie was completely cancer free. But, Lyndsie admitted on the first blog that she still had cancer cells in her body. L&D had a profile up on some adoption social networking site and they said that they were working with just a lawyer and not and adoption agency. Speculation on FJ was that the reason they were only with a lawyer/private adoption is because adoption agencies likely rejected them because Lyndsie's cancer had not been in remission that long.

I sometimes lurk on wedding forums because of the bridezillas and other shit shows that happen. I was on a forum where a woman was suffering from cancer and was at the point where she didn't think that she and her fiance would have a family due to her age(35) and the side effects of chemo. She did egg freezing as backup plan but she was fearing risks in the future. Surrogacy was brought up in the thread and she said that she and her fiance viewed  it as expensive and too risky.  Other posters kept telling her to look into adoption. She posted back to them that adoption would be difficult because of the 5 year waiting period for cancer survivors that many agencies have in place. The woman stated that she didn't think birth mothers would chose her in private adoption situations because of her health history. She seemed to be facing the harsh reality of the situation.  Some posters kept drilling adoption as a viable option and  a couple of people seemed painfully naive about adoption. One person replied saying that her mother had adopted her five years post cancer. That was a hopeful story. I got the sense that the woman was just starting to prepare for the fact that adoption wasn't that ideal for her due to the circumstances.

Maybe, Lyndsie and Daniel were too optimistic and really wanted to believe that she was going to live a long life. If Aubrey and Ethan aren't bio siblings, I do wonder what the birth parents or agencies were told about Lyndsie's health. Lyndsie was a loving mother and maybe she was misguided. The situation is that what is. Sometimes other shit happens in life. There could have been situation where Lyndsie's cancer never returned, but she could have ended up a young widow with kids if something unexpected happened to Daniel. I will say that I hope other couples in similar situations to Daniel and Lyndie's are more honest when dealing with birth moms, social services, and adoption agencies.

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...

I like the way Daniel and Brittany aren't glossing over how hard it is to blend families. I read an interview with country singer Sara Evans (who can be kind of a smug, self-righteous Christian sometimes) - she has 3 kids from a previous marriage and married a man who has 4 kids. She was asked about the process of blending and she claimed there were no problems at all, the kids instantly loved each other and got along and they never fight. 

• Upvote 5

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:27 AM, RoseWilder said:

I like the way Daniel and Brittany aren't glossing over how hard it is to blend families. I read an interview with country singer Sara Evans ... and she claimed there were no problems at all, the kids instantly loved each other and got along and they never fight. 

I appreciate that, too. Both of them have never shied away from saying how difficult these situations can be, and I think, if you're going to share your life, being honest about it is the best way of your intention is to help people. Real life can be hard; it's ok.

Ha, I don't buy it for a second. The kids may well all get on famously, but all siblings fight and bicker at times. It needn't be catastrophic. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
Snipped quote.
  • Upvote 5

I really like the post Daniel made about Lyndsie and the second anniversary of her death. I never followed them closely, but his words really touched me. Brittany had also a really touching post about Lyndsie on her IG in which she also reached out to Lyndsie's family.

• Upvote 5

Kids in blended families don't fight? 

Hahahahahahahahahahaha *deep breath* hahahahahahshahah *passes out from oxygen deprivation*

• Upvote 6

I also want to say that the whole Brooker Price family look alike to me. I doubt many people on the street would realize by looking at them that 2 children aren't biologically related to either parent while 3 children are only biologically related to one parent. Maybe as they grow older they will look more different. But they all have some similarities and look like they could all be bio siblings.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kids in blended families don't fight? 

Hahahahahahahahahahaha *deep breath* hahahahahahshahah *passes out from oxygen deprivation*

Sara Evans can be kind of condescending and dishonest sometimes. She claimed that her first marriage was perfect  - everything was sunshine and roses all the time. And she gave an interview where she said divorce is almost always the fault of the woman because they nag their husbands too much and don't have sex with them enough. She then went on to lecture women about how they have a responsibility to have sex with their husbands no matter how tired they are and that at the end of the day women should always ask their husbands, "What can I do for you?" Yeah, a person who has a nanny, a personal assistant that she has do her grocery shopping for her (per an interview), and a housekeeper was giving women a lecture on how they don't give their husbands enough of their time or enough sex. She had zero self awareness about the fact that she doesn't need to nag her husband because she has a staff to help her with the kids and the house. 

Then, after being so incredibly smug and self-righteous, her marriage unraveled. Strangely enough she didn't seem to think the divorce was her fault, despite blaming other women for their divorces. She blamed it 100% on her ex-husband. Then she really quickly got remarried. Her divorce was final in the fall of 2007 and she was engaged by spring 2008. And did she learn her lesson from her previous "I have the best marriage ever" interviews. Nope. She now claims that blending 7 kids together was easy as pie. There was no difficulty, no fighting, and everything is perfect all the time. 

Sometimes I wish she was more popular so the press would nail her on her smug hypocrisy. But she's not famous enough for that, so she skates by. 

• Upvote 6

I remember the drama around Sara Evans and her divorce. I also laugh at her BS claims that blending families is easy.  Sara reminds me a bit of Lori Alexander.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Does Daniel have a job in Atlanta yet? I remember he had to quit when he moved and they always seem to be hanging out together during the day...that would be stressful if he hasn't found one yet. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Does Daniel have a job in Atlanta yet? I remember he had to quit when he moved and they always seem to be hanging out together during the day...that would be stressful if he hasn't found one yet. 

What line of work is Daniel in? Based on his dress, shoes, style he has a healthy income.  Does anyone know what it is he does?  What about Brittany, is she paid for her worship team and speaking engagements?

I was surprised Brittany was not present for Ethan's first birthday as part of the new family.  It seemed something she would want to be there for to support him.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed duplicate quote.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 9/20/2017 at 6:22 PM, BearMom said:

What line of work is Daniel in? Based on his dress, shoes, style he has a healthy income.  Does anyone know what it is he does?  What about Brittany, is she paid for her worship team and speaking engagements?

I was surprised Brittany was not present for Ethan's first birthday as part of the new family.  It seemed something she would want to be there for to support him.

Daniel worked at a Marine base near where he and Lynsdie lived. I think he had to commute like 30-40 minutes away. He worked as purchasing/contracting agent. He might be looking into similar government work in his new location. I think Brittany does charge a fee for her speaking engagements. She also does musical performances.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Wedding video posted!

Aww made me teary. Beautiful  

still thinking pregnancy will be announced around the first anniversary.  

• 8 months later...

On Monday, Brittany posted about her first wedding day with Patrick and that she couldn't wait to spend eternity together.  A commenter noted:

Wow, beautiful, but kinda cringy for current husband,can't wait to spend eternity together?????????? With widowed husband????????

which was my reaction as well.  Someone else "explained":

she’s widowed. She wouldn’t be with her current husband had she not lost her Patrick. Nor would her current husband be with her. He is also widowed.  It’s not that they don’t love each other. But they both were committed to others. And death robbed them of that. I’m sure he can’t wait to be with his 1st wife in heaven too.

So what does that mean, though? Brittany and Daniel are going to spend eternity with Patrick and Lyndsie? Then what are they doing here on earth, just passing time together? It doesn't make sense, given how they view the world and the hereafter. 

Things like this won’t matter in heaven anyways. Everyone will be happy and who they want to be with  

And this doesn't make sense either.  So who does Brittany want to be with in heaven then? Or Daniel for that matter? And what if one of them wants their current spouse and not their former?

I read that and cringed too. I then imagined some fundie swinging in heaven and cringed some more. 

• I Agree 1

• 5 months later...

I feel so sorry for Ethan. He really does seem their problem kid with his ADHD. 

Brittany seems to rarely post any pictures of anyone other than her kids and occasionally Aubrey. 

Shes always posting about how much she misses Patrick and how heartbroken she is. That can’t be easy for Daniel. 

My husband and I discussed how maybe men move on quicker...?

the favouritism for her own kids while Daniel clearly loves all 5 equally does make me sad. She also posted the wouldnt be having any more kids. 

I wonder why? Can she not bear to be pregnant with another man’s child?

something not right there. 

I really don’t think Brittany was ready to re-marry but I guess she couldn’t support her 3 boys on her own. And she knew Daniel would be a great dad to her boys. 

Almost like she married him for convenience. 

I hope the Beggs are monitoring the situation with Ethan and Aubrey. I think Aubrey is probably ok but it’s Ethan I worry about with Brittany. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/22/2018 at 4:12 AM, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I feel so sorry for Ethan. He really does seem their problem kid with his ADHD. 

Brittany seems to rarely post any pictures of anyone other than her kids and occasionally Aubrey. 

Shes always posting about how much she misses Patrick and how heartbroken she is. That can’t be easy for Daniel. 

My husband and I discussed how maybe men move on quicker...?

the favouritism for her own kids while Daniel clearly loves all 5 equally does make me sad. She also posted the wouldnt be having any more kids. 

I wonder why? Can she not bear to be pregnant with another man’s child?

something not right there. 

I really don’t think Brittany was ready to re-marry but I guess she couldn’t support her 3 boys on her own. And she knew Daniel would be a great dad to her boys. 

Almost like she married him for convenience. 

I hope the Beggs are monitoring the situation with Ethan and Aubrey. I think Aubrey is probably ok but it’s Ethan I worry about with Brittany. 

I’ve had the same thoughts. I think she prefers Aubrey over Ethan because she’s the girl Brittany never had. Plus Aubrey is beautiful and likely doesn't have any special needs like Ethan. It makes me sad for Ethan. I think Brittany went into this marriage with rose colored glasses and is surprised at how extremely hard it is to blend families that lost one parent through death in the last few years.