IGNORED

Daniel Brooker engaged

LilMissMetaphor

52 minutes ago, adidas said:

It's a little way down, it was posted on March 4th. It's a video of a bunch of people standing under a patio or something. 

Thanks -- found it!  Wow, what a hillbilly reveal -- a drop kick!  Kendyl looks ridiculous in her platform sandals, but it's always been about the camera for the Beggs family.  

So I looked up the bride to be's FB profile. I've never heard of her before but she actually lives in the same city as me and we surprisingly had some mutual friends. What I can gather is that she is fundie lite or maybe evangelical?? I am pretty certain she attends one of the two mega churches in my town. They both consider themselves "non-denominational" but one is technically run by a larger Church of God. I personally know people that attend both and some of them drink, etc. and some are more straight laced. I imagine she is probably a bit less conservative than Daniel but I am not entirely sure. The city she lives in is at least an hour away from where Daniel lives so I will be curious to see where they will move to!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, moochies said:

What I can gather is that she is fundie lite or maybe evangelical?? I am pretty certain she attends one of the two mega churches in my town. They both consider themselves "non-denominational" but one is technically run by a larger Church of God. 

Coincidentally, at lunch with my (UU) minister recently, she mentioned that these mega churches that claim to be non-denominational never really are. 

• Upvote 2

After reading their stories, I think it's sweet that they found each other and I'm happy for them. It doesn't seen overly soon to me.

On the topic of people moving on soon, there was a girl who went to my college who died suddenly just a few weeks after she was married. Within a month after her death her husband already had a new girlfriend. I don't know all the circumstances, but that did startle me to see how soon he moved to a new relationship.

• Upvote 2

Brittany's youngest son had an accident a few days back and was hospitalized.  Daniel was with them at the hosptial and there was a pic of Daniel and the little boy walking together on instagram. I'm guessing from here on out there will be more of pics of the soon to be blended family interacting. I'm quite curious how Brittany will be when interacting with Aubrey after having three boys.

On 5/31/2017 at 8:33 AM, moochies said:

The city she lives in is at least an hour away from where Daniel lives so I will be curious to see where they will move to!

I'm wondering about that too. I vaguely recall that Daniel and Lyndsie put their house on the market and were planning to move. I don't remember if they ever moved.

• Upvote 1

On instagram she said he drove three hours through the night. 

I think he lives (or Lyndsie's family) near Augusta. 

Brittany has said she dreamed of 6 children. So I am sure they will have 2 (at least) more. Lyndsie's Mum is above rubies following quiver full person. 

• Upvote 1

Lyndsie's family lives near Augusta or in Augusta area. Years ago I was startled to run into her and her mom there and it took me a moment to figure why she looked familiar.

• Upvote 2

On 5/31/2017 at 10:27 AM, Hane said:

Coincidentally, at lunch with my (UU) minister recently, she mentioned that these mega churches that claim to be non-denominational never really are. 

What's the purpose of calling a church non-denominational if it isn't really? 

The non-denominational churches I've encountered were in very rural areas, so it made sense to combine resources for everyone with close but not identical beliefs. 

• Upvote 2

My family has mostly attended non-denominational churches. Non-denominational is practically a denomination in itself now.

• Upvote 2

I think it's used to draw in members-like "hey we are a church that loves Jesus but there are no real rules or hierarchy" unlike a church with some type of hierarchy or rules (such as Catholic.) The non-denom churches here in the south have seemed to attract many of the Catholics, but Baptists as well. They tend to have very contemporary services. 

Edited by moochies
I promise I am not drunk!
  • Upvote 2

On 6/2/2017 at 4:32 PM, December said:

What's the purpose of calling a church non-denominational if it isn't really? 

The non-denominational churches I've encountered were in very rural areas, so it made sense to combine resources for everyone with close but not identical beliefs. 

Her experience, as a clergywoman with decades in ministerial leadership, is that many of these "non-denominational" megachurches are founded by people with deep behind-the-scenes ties to actual denominations such as the Southern Baptist Convention--and to the Republican Party.

• Upvote 6

I was poking around on Facebook and Lyndsie's brother, Madison, wrote a very nice congratulations post to Daniel and Brittany. It looks like Brittany is also facebook friends with Lyndsie's mom.

• Upvote 5

Brittany was on a mom podcast. She started off talking about how she met Patrick and that he wanted kids right away. She had complications with the pregnancy of her youngest son. She talked about Patrick's death and the grieving process. She said that it was more her boys who wanted a father in their lives while she just wanted to deal with the grief. She talked about how she would tell her sons that God was being their daddy. She didn't say exactly how she and Daniel met just that their paths crossed. She talked about the engagement and how Daniel is a widower with two kids.  Daniel asks her a lot about Patrick in case the boys ask about their dad.  Brittany joked about how she is going tired with two more kids in the family. There was a brief mention of Daniel's kids being in school and how she will have to adjust to that. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

There was a brief mention of Daniel's kids being in school and how she will have to adjust to that. 

That's an interesting twist.  I wonder if they will homeschool some, and send the others to school....

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Koala said:

That's an interesting twist.  I wonder if they will homeschool some, and send the others to school....

Brittany said that she and her brothers were  homeschooled and then mentioned something about a "hybrid" school. Not sure what she meant by that. I'm guessing it could have been some kind of combined system of homeschooling and then being in some kind of school system.

On one of Lyndsie's blogs, she said that and Daniel wanted to homeschool. After her death, Daniel's views on homeschooling could have changed. I have heard of working parents who homeschool using flexible schedules. Maybe, Daniel decided against homeschooling for various reasons. I'm curious if Ethan and Aubrey attended a Christian school. Brittany mentioned somewhere on her blog or instagram about her son having a teacher. It could have been a Sunday School teacher. I'm guessing that Daniel's kids will continue going to school.

• Upvote 1

Yes the podcast was interesting. Her latest instagram post seems to indicate Daniel and his kids are moving in with her after the wedding. 

She says figuring our school stuff not sure if that means homeschooling or new schools. You'd think she'd say new schools if that's what she meant. 

• Upvote 1

I was also surprised to see Ethan and Aubrey in school, but with Lynsdie's passing I don't see how Daniel would have been able to find the time to homeschool assuming he has to work fulltime to support his kids and pay the bills. Kudos to Daniel though for doing what was best for kids.

Edited by fundiefun
  • Upvote 6

On 6/8/2017 at 8:37 PM, lilwriter85 said:

Brittany said that she and her brothers were  homeschooled and then mentioned something about a "hybrid" school. Not sure what she meant by that. I'm guessing it could have been some kind of combined system of homeschooling and then being in some kind of school system.

On one of Lyndsie's blogs, she said that and Daniel wanted to homeschool. After her death, Daniel's views on homeschooling could have changed. I have heard of working parents who homeschool using flexible schedules. Maybe, Daniel decided against homeschooling for various reasons. I'm curious if Ethan and Aubrey attended a Christian school. Brittany mentioned somewhere on her blog or instagram about her son having a teacher. It could have been a Sunday School teacher. I'm guessing that Daniel's kids will continue going to school.

The term "hybrid" usually means a child is homeschooled several days a week and the other days they go to a traditional school type setting. It isn't a public school but runs pretty much the same way-classes, electives (such as PE, music and art) and extra curricular activies and clubs. Many of the schools require uniforms. There are several hybrids that I know of around here which are very popular, so I imagine they won't have too hard of a time finding one that fits their needs. 

• Upvote 1

I wish one of them would post their story of getting together on their blogs. Enquiring minds want to know. 

• Upvote 1

I also wonder how they met. i have a couple theories. Brittany is involved with gospel music. A few of Daniel's younger siblings are or were in a gospel group together. Their paths could have crossed somewhere in the gospel music business.

Based on several articles, it seemed that Brittany's husband Patrick was well known in criminal justice system around Georgia because he worked in paroles and pardons. Daniel's father is connected in CJ system because he is a juvenile court judge and may have heard of Patrick's work.

They mentioned that they had been talking on the phone for quite a while before they first met in person.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, moochies said:

The term "hybrid" usually means a child is homeschooled several days a week and the other days they go to a traditional school type setting. It isn't a public school but runs pretty much the same way-classes, electives (such as PE, music and art) and extra curricular activies and clubs. Many of the schools require uniforms. There are several hybrids that I know of around here which are very popular, so I imagine they won't have too hard of a time finding one that fits their needs. 

These types of schools sound really interesting. I have to say that I like the idea of homeschooling, but I would also want my kids to have a the chance to take part in extracurricular activities and clubs and quite simple there are things that I just cannot teach. I'm a teaching student and know a lot about didactics, but subjects like chemistry and mathematics just aren't my thing.

Homeschooling is illegal in Germany anyway...

• Upvote 1

Brittany said on one of Daniel's posts that the wedding is July 16. Don't remember if we already knew the date.

• Upvote 2

On 6/15/2017 at 4:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Brittany said on one of Daniel's posts that the wedding is July 16. Don't remember if we already knew the date.

I think either Brittany or Daniel said they were aiming for a July on Facebook or instagram. I wonder what will happen with Daniel's job, if he is moving to Brittany's town.

• Upvote 1