IGNORED

Daniel Brooker engaged

LilMissMetaphor

So she got remarried around 3 months after her husband died??  That's crazy.

I don't regularly follow her but looks like Martin died in June 2016 and on Sept 27 she introduced Richard on the blog as her husband.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

Yeah, I was thinking about the Freckled Fox as well. It does look like they're doing OK though. 

There is a whole thread for Freckled Fox for those who want to continue that discussion.  Thanks!

• Upvote 4

I wish Daniel the best. I'm curious about how Lyndsie's family feels. It's probably going to hurt them that the kids won't have much memory of Lynsdie and Brittany will be a big part of the lives from here on out.

I'm looking through Brittany's site. She had a blog posting last month about fatherless children. So far I haven't found any mention of Daniel. She has an instagram with a recent photo of her and Daniel. She does speaking engagements. I wonder if Daniel will join her in the speaking gigs.

• Upvote 4

I'm looking at Daniel's IG and he has recent engagement photo. On Brittany's IG, there was a comment from someone who said they read about Patrick and Lydnsie's stories(probably on Daniel's blog). I'm guessing that both Brittany and Daniel will update their blogs at some point to announce their engagement on there and then tell the story about how they met after losing spouses.

The caption on Brittany's engagement IG pic mentions that her boys had been praying for a father and that Daniel was the answer to that. I do wish them the best, but I wonder if they are prepared for the possible conflicts of merging their two families together.  Brittany's sons are probably happy to have a father figure in their lives, but they will be sharing him with Daniel's two kids.

• Upvote 3

I don't know this couple at all so I can't speak to their relationship but I have worked with many couples where one spouse had a terminal cancer. The surviving spouse sometimes marries in what seems like a short time to outsiders but to the survivor they have really been mourning since the day of the terminal diagnosis. By the time death comes they have gone through a lot of mourning already. So when outsiders see the "quick" time after the spouse's death they miss seeing the months or years of mourning the surviving spouse has already dealt with. Not saying that is the case here but only that it is the case sometimes.

• Upvote 25

@browngrl Nigella Lawson got a lot of heat for remarrying after her first husband died of cancer, but he'd been writing in his newspaper column about how he wanted her to start looking while he was still alive, so he didn't need to worry about her (of course, there can be pressure in that, too, and her next husband turned out to be an abusive arsehole, so this might not be the best example...)

• Upvote 5

I had a good friend die when we were in college back when FB was only for people with .edu email addresses.  It's been over a decade now and it's still comforting to be able to go to his page and look at his pictures when I'm randomly thinking about him. 

To be honest I'd think it was weird if they took her page down, especially given her age when she passed. 

Edited by subsaharanafrica
  • Upvote 7

Given that they will have 5 children under the age of 7, maybe they won't have any together.  Daniel has always pinged my gaydar so maybe he will be happy having a new wife to help him with his kids without actually having to have sex with her and provide "proof" that he did.  It's a good deal for all the kids to have two parents again.  

As for Lyndsie's family, I imagine they have helped Daniel a lot since her passing so maybe they are relieved.  AND, they adopted four -- FOUR! -- very young children while Lyndsie was sick so that probably keeps Mama Beggs pretty busy.  And Lyndsie's sister Kendyl is pregnant so there's no shortage of distraction in that family.

• Upvote 5

I also wonder if they will have kids together. She is only 27. But, like WonderinginWA they will have 5 kids under the age of 7. I know Daniel came a large family and I recall one of his siblings had five kids two of which were twins. Brittany only has three or four siblings. Maybe, they don't care to have a mega size family. Daniel has pinged my gaydar in the past.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

Daniel has always pinged my gaydar

You know what's so weird? He pings my 'dar in still photos, but then when I watch him in videos he doesn't. Usually it's the opposite for most guys I'm on the fence about. 

• Upvote 3

I bet there will be a pregnancy within the first year. 

She said in her blog she wanted more kids. 

I can imagine they will have 1-2 more.

Lyndsie's mum is an above rubies fan so not surprised she adopted more kids.

im so glad Kendyll is pregnant @WonderingInWAWhere did you see that? 

7 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I bet there will be a pregnancy within the first year. 

She said in her blog she wanted more kids. 

I can imagine they will have 1-2 more.

Lyndsie's mum is an above rubies fan so not surprised she adopted more kids.

im so glad Kendyll is pregnant @WonderingInWAWhere did you see that? 

Kendyl's FB page -- what is public, anyway.  Photo of her, her husband, and dog with a sign thaat says "big brother, September ?, 2017".  She's Kendyl Martin on FB.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

You know what's so weird? He pings my 'dar in still photos, but then when I watch him in videos he doesn't. Usually it's the opposite for most guys I'm on the fence about. 

I kind of get what you are saying. In many of the past photos of him with Lyndsie he pinged back then. I remember the video of him singing at his wedding and his Southern accent was quite thick and for some reason he kind of didn't ping. In his instagram pics, he pings in some of them especially ones of him wearing skinny jeans. In video on his blog site he doesn't ping and his accent sounds a bit different as it did in the past.

I wonder if Brittany will make Daniel's son Ethan wear matching outfits with her sons lol. My sister has a friend who has three daughters. There will were close in age and she used to dress them in matching outfits all the time. When I saw Brittany's pics it kind of made me laugh.

I was only thinking of him a few weeks, ago, hoping he was doing well. I wish them the best. 

Edited by adidas
  • Upvote 1

I only know the basics of Daniel and Lyndsie, but this seems like enough time.  I was over the moon in love with my late husband.  I couldn't have imagined dating in the first year, in the second year I was open to it, but not seeking it out.  Around the second year I was actively trying (and failing; man, I didn't realize how worthless I was on the dating market.  I am *not* okay with this.)  I know I am not the arbiter of all things widowhood, but based on my experience (and knowing many other widow/ers through support groups) this is the early end of normal. 

Now, the Freckled Fox and her quick remarriage is offensive to me, having been widowed myself.  She gets crucified on GOMI (which I don't visit anymore) and gets endless fawning and support (while her new husband gets called every name in the book) on Reddit Blogsnark.  I'm always so shocked when people defend/justify her quick remarriage.  It was a time frame that can reasonably be counted in days!  She had kids with an instant new dad, with no time to adjust.  It's just not the kind of thing that can be explained with her starting to look before Martin died or she's Mormon and needed to get married to have sex (two popular theories.) 

• Upvote 8

I agree with Freckled Fox's remarriage was very quick after her husband's death. I read some of the GOMI stuff on her which included how she was deleting comments and blocking her late's family members on instagram.  Daniel and Brittany's upcoming marriage isn't too soon.

Daniel updated his instagram with another engagement pic. In the long caption, he said that he didn't realize how broken he was until he met Brittany and that they have helped each other with grief. He says he's aware of the challenges of bringing their kids together.  He also showed "last day of school vs first day" pic of Aubrey and Ethan. I guess they are being homeschooled by Daniel and/or family. I also read several articles on Brittany's husband Patrick. He worked for the State of Georgia's paroles and pardons division and was well known and law library was named after him.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I also read several articles on Brittany's husband Patrick. He worked for the State of Georgia's paroles and pardons division and was well known and law library was named after him.

He was only 30, right?

Edited by Howl

1 minute ago, Howl said:

He was only 30, right?

Yep. I think he was close turning 31 when he died.

6 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I agree with Freckled Fox's remarriage was very quick after her husband's death. I read some of the GOMI stuff on her which included how she was deleting comments and blocking her late's family members on instagram.  Daniel and Brittany's upcoming marriage isn't too soon.

Daniel updated his instagram with another engagement pic. In the long caption, he said that he didn't realize how broken he was until he met Brittany and that they have helped each other with grief. He says he's aware of the challenges of bringing their kids together.  He also showed "last day of school vs first day" pic of Aubrey and Ethan. I guess they are being homeschooled by Daniel and/or family. I also read several articles on Brittany's husband Patrick. He worked for the State of Georgia's paroles and pardons division and was well known and law library was named after him.

Nope they are definitely not being homeschooled as Audrey's teacher commented on the post. 

I wonder if they will be now they have a new mother as I know  Lyndsie (& I assume Daniel) planned on homeschooling them & Brittany seems the sort they might. Daniel and Lyndsie were both homeschooled. 

Daniel mentions in his new post that some friends and family are having trouble adjusting & he knows all grief journeys are different. I have too much time on my hands (breastfeeding a newborn every 2-3 hours!) so checked and none of Lyndsie's family besides a sister in law liked or commented on any of the new posts about marriage. 

I am sure it is so hard for them. It will be almost 2 years by the time they marry but that doesn't make it easier.

that said I'm sure it's easier to accept than the freckled fox and the days she had between Martin's death & remarriage. I didn't follow her very closely (only on instagram) & saw the Xmas cards post & thought how sweet they had pictures done for the cards before Martin died. A few weeks later I saw another post and realised those Xmas cards were a new husband. I was in shock. I've grieved over a teenage breakup longer than it took her to remarry!

• Upvote 3

Please take the Freckled Fox discussion to that thread, please.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I wonder if they will be now they have a new mother as I know  Lyndsie (& I assume Daniel) planned on homeschooling them & Brittany seems the sort they might. Daniel and Lyndsie were both homeschooled. 

Somewhere on Brittany's blog she mentioned something about her son having a teacher. Maybe, she won't homeschool. I remember the posts Lyndsie had about homeschooling and she once said something about Daniel being smarter than her and how he would have to homeschool them.

On 24/05/2017 at 8:36 PM, WonderingInWA said:

Kendyl's FB page -- what is public, anyway.  Photo of her, her husband, and dog with a sign thaat says "big brother, September ?, 2017".  She's Kendyl Martin on FB.

It's also on Daniel's Instagram - the baby is a girl to be named Rae Lyndsie. 

56 minutes ago, adidas said:

Oh that makes me want to cry. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, adidas said:

I couldn't find it there -- does he have more than one Insta?

Lyndsie's initials were LRB based on a photo on his Instagram so I'm wondering if her middle name was Rae?

ETA:  Just confirmed Rae was her middle name so Kendyl is just reversing first and middle.  

Edited by WonderingInWA
  • Upvote 2

It's a little way down, it was posted on March 4th. It's a video of a bunch of people standing under a patio or something.