IGNORED

27 Dresses - I Mean Duggar Threads (Now, with Duggar women lawsuit discussion!)

choralcrusader8613

29 minutes ago, Amapola said:

And instead of putting the blame on Josh and their rug sweeping parents they point the finger at someone else.

Let's be honest, JB is likely behind this. I'm not sure how much say the girls have in it, obviously it's their names that have been signed to it but I am sure JB pushed. They are adults and could say no, but would they? 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Casserole said:

How about they sue JimBob and Michelle for putting them on TV and making them identifiable in that redacted report. A girl can dream...

Just wondering.....can victims sue their attacker?  If this is something that they could do, they would sue Josh which in Duggar world would be the girls suing JimBob cause we all know he covers Josh's expenses.  None of it is funny but kinda poetic justice to have the girls put the screws to Pops.

41 minutes ago, Amapola said:

The lawsuit is ridiculous. They act like the cops were the ones who victimized them and not Josh. I can't believe these people. They're just angry they lost their first show and the money that came with it. And instead of putting the blame on Josh and their rug sweeping parents they point the finger at someone else.

To be honest , that's probably the way I would see it too . All of that happened years ago , they had dealt with it , we may not like they way  the family handled it but for all of them it was over, done and dusted . And then some tabloid drags it all up again , their livelihood is threatened and they are scrutinized because everyone has an opinion on how they should live out their public victim status .

51 minutes ago, Amapola said:

The lawsuit is ridiculous. They act like the cops were the ones who victimized them and not Josh. I can't believe these people. They're just angry they lost their first show and the money that came with it. And instead of putting the blame on Josh and their rug sweeping parents they point the finger at someone else.

I can see it now: Daddy Boob having a family meeting the minute the InTouch reports broke out just to gaslight his daughters about the media being the ultimate culprits here while informing them on what their talking points would be with Megyn Kelly. I'm sure he's been ranting and raving about this for some time; his daughters even repeat the same phrases and buzzwords, like they've been trained.  He's disgusting.

28 minutes ago, hasunah said:

To be honest , that's probably the way I would see it too . All of that happened years ago , they had dealt with it , we may not like they way  the family handled it but for all of them it was over, done and dusted . And then some tabloid drags it all up again , their livelihood is threatened and they are scrutinized because everyone has an opinion on how they should live out their public victim status .

Maybe their mom should have kept her fucking mouth shut about how all Transgender people are child molesters. The reporter wouldn't have gone digging around had it not been for Michelle pissing off the wrong people with that robocall.

(This sounds bitchy, but it's not directed at you. Michelle just really pisses me off. I feel bad they were outed publicly, but it's ultimately their parents' fault for pursuing the show and being fucking dumbasses.)

All this lawsuit is doing is confirming who the victims are. Before it was complete speculation but now they themselves confirmed it. 

13 minutes ago, hasunah said:

I can understand this even though I do think Jim Bob is at the heart of telling them how they can respond in public -- I can't imagine any of his daughters bringing up a lawsuit or willfully defending Josh without several Biblical Family Meetings about it designed to shame them into doing such, though I'm sure they were and are genuinely feeling pretty violated about this information being made public; it's just that I can also see JB exploiting their feelings to try and save the show and convince them to just focus on The Evil Lib Media instead of the original situations that brought them to this place (their parents, Josh, TLC...). Seems like that's all they really do to their kids: exploit them and manipulate their feelings for their own selfish purposes.

All this to say I do on some level feel for them that this came out, but I don't believe they'd be filing a lawsuit without Jim Boob making it a thing. Seems like this is a nice distraction from actually examining how much their parents screwed up, from noticing that most people in the Real World are not okay with the way this was handled, as it was to their own detriment. And it doesn't override the shittiness that followed with those interviews, yknow? :\ The whole situation is a mess and they shouldn't have gotten a show to begin with.

Jill lands in the country, Joy's wedding is imminent, Jinger is home and bam this is dropped. 

Shocking yet not at the same time.. because this is pure JB 

with the girls still NOT GETTING IT 

I'm not a lawyer but I don't believe they have a case unless the judge is a special friend of theirs. Freedom of Information Act allows The molestors name to be released. It's circumstantial that the location was their house. If it was a school or a church, the list of possible victims would be much longer and less obvious. The fact that it was their house the list of names gets smaller. There's only so many girls in that house.  Also, if this was discovered earlier josh would probably be in the registry  

I cant help but wonder what Jana must be thinking. 

Remember when the scandal broke.  Jill and Jessa were the ones selected to go on TV with their account and how they had forgiven Josh and all moved passed what he did.     The reason they were picked to speak  ... they were married.  Now Jinger and Joy are married (or almost married) so JB feels its okay now to let everyone know they were the 4 victims.  As long as the girls are married, its fine.  JB and Mechelle are AWFUL parents.  Putting their 4 victimized daughters back in the limelight for money. 

38 minutes ago, nst said:

Jill lands in the country, Joy's wedding is imminent, Jinger is home and bam this is dropped. 

Shocking yet not at the same time.. because this is pure JB 

with the girls still NOT GETTING IT 

We have no evidence that Jinger is home. That video on DFO is from LAST YEAR. 

44 minutes ago, marmalade said:

We have no evidence that Jinger is home. That video on DFO is from LAST YEAR. 

I agree - i never saw the video - I am basing it on the wedding and the lawsuit

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Not to mention that now people are going to wonder why Jana is the only sister, who was alive at the time of the interviews and old enough to be questioned, who is not included in the lawsuit. 

I think JD is the reason Jana was not targeted - the Duggar kids dont strike me as overly close (certainly not in the way most of us are with our siblings) but twins are probably a little different regardless of circumstance. Why would you expect her to be on the lawsuit though - she wasnt one of the victims "outed". 

1 hour ago, nst said:

I agree - i never saw the video - I am basing it on the wedding and the lawsuit

The lawyer can overnight the papers for Jinger to sign in Laredo. They just have to be notarized. No biggie. 

And even Pickles has now backtracked on the date. I love it when she's wrong. 

This makes me sad. This should be a happy time for Joy. I can't imagine getting married in a week, and trying to deal with  a lawsuit. Shame on whoever started it at this time.  JB?

Maybe there's a two year statute to file? Joshgate originally hit on 5/19/15. The InTouch police reports followed two days later. I was on vacation and remember exactly where I was when I first found out the news, then saw the police report on my phone at a Starbucks. So, I dedce that it must have had to be this week or not at all.

Why they couldn't do this earlier is the mystery. 

I think they just want to stir up attention for the wedding, upcoming season, and Joshley webcast. These people are preparing the counterargument to fight anyone who hates on Joshley's return and are drumming up attention, which they know leads to viewers.

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

This doesn't make any sense to me. I get that they want to stay relevant but, why would they want to bring this up now? I guess they really aren't bringing Josh back because well, the molestation is back out there now. 

6 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

I'm not sure how brining on a suit time wise works.  Is it possible it was filed when all this stuff started and just now made it to the courts?    Duggar timing for news is usually suspect  but I didn't know if this was something that happens right after you file or can take months to years?

I'm guessing it's also something they'd have to do with all four plaintiffs in the immediate vicinity long enough to sign papers etc altogether?

As far as the timing goes, I'm wondering if it hasn't been a case of them wanting to do this asap, but after all four are 'secure' in, or too far down the road to marriage first?

This is all JB's doing, no doubt about it. But, I think it's to stick it to the police department who he and Michelle claim are out to get them.

Blaiming someone else about their failment is their way to go. Is not josh fault it was the devil that built a fortress in già heart, is not JB and Michelle bad parenting is the heatens word who dosen't understand them, or want to be alway against the Christian because because...we are better then everybody else    

Okay a few things things. #1) technically since in touch breaking the story and getting her show cancelled can't they sue for lost wages (shows, tours, books, special episodes for every wedding and birth) on top of their current claim?

And 2) I fully agree that when this first broke, Jessa and Jill we're allowed to come out because they were married and now that Jinger is married and Joy is getting married tomorrow, so they don't have to worry about repercussions from Boob, DQ, and Joshley. 

I'm not licensed to practice in Arkansas, and there might very well be another statute creating a cause of action here, but Section 16-90-1102 of this seems to indicate that the suit might be dismissed. 

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

And even Pickles has now backtracked on the date. I love it when she's wrong. 

Holy moly! Pickles has changed again. She's  saying that it does indeed seem like Joy is getting married tomorrow. 

I am no expert whatsoever but I don't see them having much of a case either. I like to think of myself as having decent legal intuition (:pb_biggrin:) and this smells like bullshit. The victims just officially confirmed themselves, before that it was just speculation. The fact that they were Josh's siblings was pretty much impossible to hide, no matter how much you black out in the papers. They also chose to respond to this publicly by going on TV and talking about it. They could have issued a statement that they have dealt with this as a family and ask for people to respect their privacy. Instead they milked this for all it was worth. I hope the judge sees through their BS.

• Destiny changed the title to 27 Dresses - I Mean Duggar Threads (Now, with Duggar women lawsuit discussion!)
  • choralcrusader8613 pinned this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived