IGNORED

27 Dresses - I Mean Duggar Threads (Now, with Duggar women lawsuit discussion!)

ViolaSebastian
3 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

I'm one of 6 girls and we all have our periods at the same time with maybe a days difference but invariable we all start within a couple hours of each other. The girls I work with and I always end up on periods during the same week and eventually it was the same when I lived on campus with the girls I roomed with in the dorms so I'm inclined to believe this is a thing too. Either that or my uterus rules all the uteruses.

One uterus to rule them all...:pb_lol:

• Upvote 37
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VelociRapture

• HarleyQuinn

• Hmmm_idolatry

• Jess

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tried to work out my thoughts from earlier. Hopefully I did a decent job: I will always have sympathy for these young women. Always. What Josh did to them was horrific. What their parents faile

I hope that poor associate enjoyed some thread drift.  

Ok, the admins sat down and had a very tough conversation this morning about how to handle this and the decision was that by signing on to this lawsuit, Joy and Jinger have officially outed themselves

Posted Images

JMO

The Uterus to Rule All the Uteruses.  Awesome.  I can't tell if that should be a thread count or a best seller.  

• Upvote 17
SuhrEnity
5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

One uterus to rule them all...:pb_lol:

My "Precious" said in both a Duggarly and Smeagoly way

5 minutes ago, JMO said:

The Uterus to Rule All the Uteruses.  Awesome.  I can't tell if that should be a thread count or a best seller.  

One of each? lol

• Upvote 16
Four is Enough

If "ludicrosity" is not a word, it certainly should be!

• Upvote 7
church_of_dog

I vote for

15 hours ago, JMO said:

"I am the dominant uterus "

because then we can follow that with

Goo Goo G'Joob...

• Upvote 19
faraway

I use the cycle app Clue and they do a lot of research with their data. Recently they did a study and also couldn't find any evidence for synched cycles. If anyone is interested here's the link:

https://medium.com/clued-in/do-menstrual-cycles-sync-unlikely-finds-clue-data-45e20cf6da1

I was also taught in Uni that it's a thing and that very first study from the 70's was quoted. I mean if so many experience it, then why is it so hard to find evidence? I don't believe it until someone finds actual proof in a comprehensive study. 

• Upvote 11
singsingsing

I'm not sure I believe it, to be honest. Most women have cycles that are a little less than a month long and menstrutation lasting around 4-7 days. So at any point in the month, there's a high chance that the other women you're around are going to be about to start, on, or just ending their periods.

• Upvote 18
faraway

I think it has a lot to do with that @singsingsing And if people's cycles synced for all females living in the same household AND at school/the workplace everyone would menstruate at the same time eventually.

• Upvote 9
SuhrEnity

Can't you just let me be great???? Why do you want to take away my delusions of grandeur regarding my SUPER UTERUS away from me? All I ever wanted was to have the mother of all uteruses, the one to rule them all. **skulks away into corner muttering**

• Upvote 49
BoPeep

Yeah....syncing up IS a thing.  I don't care if it cannot be "proven" by some study.  There's me, dd, and 2 friends of hers who are at our home 2 days a week to homeschool with us....and we are all together.  I must be the dominant uterus, cause I am in peri-menopause, and my cycle changes from 19-32 days....and those poor, sweet teens are in the crazy with me!  Bwahahaa!  

My bff in high school laughed at my "ideas" of pheromones and periods....I bet she doesn't now, after 20+ yrs working mainly with women.  Hahahaa!

...also, you don't want  be around here the week prior....the pms is STRONG! Lol!  

• Upvote 11
Unicorn

Oddly enough, my sisters and I didn't usually sync up.  There was overlap for a day or two more than consistent syncing.  That said, irregular cycles run in my family.

• Upvote 3
justmy2cents

I have no personal experience syncing up either. My mom's cycle was every 28 days like clockwork. My sister's could be anywhere between 32-42 days. Mine was in the 21-24 day range. None of us seemed to affect the others though of course there was overlap. Don't remember syncing up with dorm mates or coworkers. 

• Upvote 2
SuhrEnity
15 hours ago, BoPeep said:

I must be the dominant uterus,

Can you stop trying to steal my shine???? I hold the cup for uterus dominance. I m the dominant uterus. DOMINE UTERO. Your uterus was just trying to sync with my all dominant uterus.

• Upvote 16
zygote373

My wife and I have lived together for five years and we have been totally out of sync the whole time. I have longer cycles than she does so even if we do sync it only lasts a month or two before mine comes after hers again.

• Upvote 7
BoPeep
7 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

Can you stop trying to steal my shine???? I hold the cup for uterus dominance. I m the dominant uterus. DOMINE UTERO. Your uterus was just trying to sync with my all dominant uterus.

Lol, ok, I don't have a world-wide dominant uterus.  Just a house-wide dominance.  You are the queen-dominant-uterus-of-the-world!  The dictator uterus?  

• Upvote 10
SilverBeach
On 5/9/2017 at 6:01 PM, missegeno said:

All color drained from my face as I read this. I can't imagine, but if Jill has taught me anything, it's that there are always new depths of shittiness to be reached.

Jill Dullard, JRod, and Lori Anderson. Descending to new depths of shittiness every day.

• Upvote 5
Iamtheway

I don't remeber any syncings from when I lived at home (four women and my poor father) but I didn't really have a cycle either. I just randomly got my period now and then. It's been fairly regular since Miniway was born though. 

After our five years of ivf I would never ask anyone if they are pregnant. Because I know how much that question can hurt. 

I hope Jinger is waiting because she and Jeramy wants to and make their own rules. I hope she's not hurting every month because it hasn't happened yet. I don't wish that shit on anyone. 

• Upvote 22
GoddessOfVictory

I don't know if I have a dominant uterus or a rebellious one. The only times I've noticed syncing with roommates and coworkers was when they started after I did. But I'm regularly irregular, so who knows! My cycle just seems to do it's own thing.

• Upvote 2
Four is Enough
14 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

After our five years of ivf I would never ask anyone if they are pregnant. Because I know how much that question can hurt. 

I hope Jinger is waiting because she and Jeramy wants to and make their own rules. I hope she's not hurting every month because it hasn't happened yet. I don't wish that shit on anyone. 

LIKE a thousand times. I told Mr. Four once that I felt like a failure as a woman, because I couldn't do this simplest of things, get pregnant. So many people all around us were having babies whether they wanted them or not.. 

(I no longer feel that conception is "the simplest of things" and I thank God on my knees that Mr. Four was open to adoption.)

• Upvote 26
Dutch_girl
14 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

This! When people ask me if I get angry at other woman getting pregnant, I can honestly say I don't. Sure, I get jealous sometimes, but I don't get angry because they get pregnant and I don't.  I don't wish this pain and sorrow on anyone.

• Upvote 15
VelociRapture

@IamthewayWe actually had an interesting conversation about Fundies and infertility over in the Keilens thread.

My general feeling is that I would never wish infertility on anyone, but I also can't hope that more innocent kids are brought into this cult or other cults. So the best I can do is hope any Fundie couple struggling with fertility issues are able to find some happiness and fulfillment in their lives and that they truly cherish and protect any children they may have in the future.

And to be clear, I don't like people prying or flat out asking if a woman is pregnant. It happened to me after I miscarried. It was asked innocently enough and the person had no clue I had just lost a pregnancy... but it fucking hurt. I never asked those questions before my loss anyway, but the experience really drove home for me how horrible an innocent question can make someone feel.

That said, this is what happens when you're part of a cult hyper-focused on pregnancy and you decide to participate in a reality tv show. I have sympathy of course, but it's limited in some ways. If Jinger is uncomfortable with the questions then I would hope she'd make that clear and that her privacy would be respected. Same for any of the Duggar or Bates couples.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Formatting.
  • Upvote 16
moreorlessnu
On 5/12/2017 at 9:37 AM, SuhrEnity said:

"Cup"???

• Upvote 3
VelociRapture
43 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

"Cup"???

Like a trophy. For instance, the Stanley Cup. 

• Upvote 3
Four is Enough
19 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Like a trophy. For instance, the Stanley Cup. 

More like the Diva Cup.

• Upvote 46
BackseatMom

I would imagine that if your whole life has been building to being a wife and mother, and you had nothing else to do/be proud of/look forward to, that that would make infertility even more painful. Can you imagine being told you had only one purpose in life, and that fulfilling that purpose was a sign of God's favor, and then not being able to do it? That might make you feel like God doesn't love you, that you are worthless in your life's only role.

At least most women I know struggling with infertility (and it is a struggle, and very painful - I am not undermining that) have their work to distract them and give them a sense of value and purpose. Or hobbies, or non-baby obsessed friends and family. It's not literally the only thing in their lives.

• Upvote 20
  • Destiny changed the title to 27 Dresses - I Mean Duggar Threads (Now, with Duggar women lawsuit discussion!)
  • Coconut Flan pinned this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic