IGNORED

27 Dresses - I Mean Duggar Threads (Now, with Duggar women lawsuit discussion!)

choralcrusader8613

5 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

No need to officially track anyone else. Since no one was taking BC, they were probably all synced up...

That's actually not a thing, they couldn't confirm it in recent studies. If anyone cares there's a wiki article on menstrual synchrony.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd you say it doesn't actually happen. I worked for years in an ICU, and worked every other weekend. Every fourth weekend, my weekend mates and I ALL had our periods. It would begin Wednesday-Thursday before the weekend to work, and by the following Tuesday, we'd all be pretty much done... All Three Shifts.  Coincidence? I think not.

1 minute ago, Four is Enough said:

Odd you say it doesn't actually happen. I worked for years in an ICU, and worked every other weekend. Every fourth weekend, my weekend mates and I ALL had our periods. It would begin Wednesday-Thursday before the weekend to work, and by the following Tuesday, we'd all be pretty much done... All Three Shifts.  Coincidence? I think not.

In college the four women who lived in our shared house were in sync within a day of eachother (I had a 4 day cycle while 2 others had 5).  It took about 6 months for that to happen, but we lived together for 2 years.

34 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

In college the four women who lived in our shared house were in sync within a day of eachother (I had a 4 day cycle while 2 others had 5).  It took about 6 months for that to happen, but we lived together for 2 years.

Oh I lived with 5 other girls in university for 4 years and we were all synced up. There were a lot of chocolate runs. 

Round about when our Mum was on the change, my clockwork cycle went nuts and then sister's did too. She went to a doc who discovered (don't ask me how, I never understood) that my Mum and sis are hormonally 'alpha females.' The void as it were left from Mum shifted to sis and I ended up bouncing between the two. It was a very weird time.

Ooh ooh I wonder who the dominant uterus in the TTH was?!?!?! (Definitely something my college roommates and I tried to figure out amongst ourselves!)

I use an app to track my cycle/symptoms/period/ovulation and it has the option to sync your account with "friends" on the app and part of me laughs at that (no thanks) and part of me thinks the Duggars would be all over that. Jill would see who was ovulating and call them to make sure they were fellowshipping. 

"Dominant uterus " needs to be worked into a thread count somehow. 

"I am the dominant uterus "

"Fellowshipping the dominant uterus "

"Purposing to be the dominant uterus "

I think the last is my favorite. 

I believe it would be "dominant ovaries", wouldn't it, since they do all the work...

Yes,I used to work with 9 women,years ago.

After awhile all of us,but one..would have their periods,within a few days of each other.One woman very varied,her cycles were not in sync with the rest of us.

We don't know If I was the dominant female or if the woman who never varied was the dominant female.

Also  the title here cracks me up.

My son,yes my son,loves chick flicks.Mr Melon and Melon son 1 tease him all the time.

A lot like Love,Titanic and 27 dresses...to name a few.

I've never heard of there being a dominant uterus and now I'm really interested in the idea... about to start googling. Thanks, ladies.

If something about a dominant uterus isn't used for a thread it should definitely be a post count title.

When we all lived together, my mother and my sister were synced up. I was a week behind them. Clearly I have a rebellious uterus.

Apologize I just saw @faraway comment about the studies but I guess I'm just stuck with my freshman year of college where I lived in a co-ed floor but it was extremely girl heavy. 2 weeks out of the month a bunch of us would just sync so much, and slightly TMI but many girls didn't wrap their used products (still forever scared) and left them all over the bathroom floor cause it was "too much" of a hassle for people to put them in the little jack and jill boxes.

Also Ditto to the Rebellious Uterus post count.

According to Wikipedia (that bastion of knowledge...), there are studies that give evidence to it or fail to establish it happens. I've experienced it as well, so I'm inclined to believe it's a thing. That said, what would the evolutionary advantage of it be? Surely it would be better to have women ovulate at many different times to increase the chances of fertilization. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_synchrony

According to Wikipedia (that bastion of knowledge...), there are studies that give evidence to it or fail to establish it happens. I've experienced it as well, so I'm inclined to believe it's a thing. That said, what would the evolutionary advantage of it be? Surely it would be better to have women ovulate at many different times to increase the chances of fertilization

I'm not sure. Most animals mate on a schedule, giving birth when resources are abundant. Humans are weird in that we do it whenever. I've heard this is how we keep our males around year-round, but it's all very vague in my head. For the cycles specifically, I'm not sure what benefits would occur either way, but it would be interesting to learn more.

My sister in law synced up with my cycle when we lived together-- perhaps I am a hormonal alpha female!! 

I haven't researched googled dominant uteruses, but I've seen evidence of it in my sister and myself. We don't live in the same state but we sync up very easily when we get around each other. My period is like clockwork and if I spend an afternoon with her and she's on hers it can cause mine to start early or vice versa. I went over there on Easter and she was on hers and mine started 4 days early. I've done similar to hers. Comparing notes we've done this sort of thing to our friends too.

For instance, I have a friend who has PCOS and rarely has a period. She tells me that she likes to come hang around me because I guess my hormonal presence makes her body start trying to have a period. Glad my uterus could be of service, I suppose. :pb_rollseyes:

On 5/10/2017 at 5:40 AM, Karma said:

My husband has an Aunt Jill who we avoid because all she does is talk talk talk about her dead husband, her kids, her grandkids.  She will not allow any other conversation.  She can be very rude, and she drives me insane.  She has never tried to convert me though ;) .

She sounds like my stepmother, who isn't named Jill, but she talks and talks and talks, and knows everything about everything, and she HAS tried to convert me, my husband and my kids over to republicanism, the new cool American "religion". :my_rolleyes: 

I guess I must have the dominant uterus. When I started my period, my mom's cycle changed to match mine. We always  our periods a few days apart, even with my young beginner's messed up cycle, until she started menopause. 

My cycle was always irregular and I did not take the pill for many years. But when I started my first job I had only one female collegue and she was on the pill.  After a while my cycle did adjust on her cycle and was more regular than ever before. :my_biggrin: Now I think of it, I should have take part in paying her pill bill , at least a little bit. 

I used to chaperone week-long tours when my kids were in a middle/high school girls choir.....and ALWAYS everyone who could menstruate would by the end of the week!  Many girls actually started their periods for the first time on these trips. I packed an overnight bag full of every size and variety of feminine product for these good times.:my_dodgy: Syncing is real. 

I'm one of 6 girls and we all have our periods at the same time with maybe a days difference but invariable we all start within a couple hours of each other. The girls I work with and I always end up on periods during the same week and eventually it was the same when I lived on campus with the girls I roomed with in the dorms so I'm inclined to believe this is a thing too. Either that or my uterus rules all the uteruses.

• Destiny changed the title to 27 Dresses - I Mean Duggar Threads (Now, with Duggar women lawsuit discussion!)
  • choralcrusader8613 pinned this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived