IGNORED

27 Dresses - I Mean Duggar Threads (Now, with Duggar women lawsuit discussion!)

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

Title is referencing the dress shopping trips taken by the Duggar family for Joy's wedding. Currently, the Duggars are planning for Joy's wedding, some of the Duggars went and visited Jinger (detailed in the JinJer and Seewald threads), and so far the only courtships or engagements we know about are Joe/Kendra and Joy/Austin. In other words, the Duggars are boring as ever.

Wake me up when something interesting happens.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, sunshine said:

In the upcoming video, Joy is asked do you trust me by Austin as he is about to blindfold her.  Are we allowed to add a little joke about this? No?

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/05/duggars-return-in-5-weeks.html

Lol, I think its OK, but I hear double entendres in everything innocent the Duggars and their sycophants say to each other :pb_lol: My brain automatically answered Austin's question to Joy with, "Not without a safe word..." and now I'm wondering what kind of safe word a Duggar would have if they knew what a safe word was. Pickle would be a good one for them. :pickle:

OMG I know you guys said that they asked Jinger if she was pregnant, but Jill has no couth whatsoever. Just flat out asked her. Gawd these people have no boundaries at all.

40 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

OMG I know you guys said that they asked Jinger if she was pregnant, but Jill has no couth whatsoever. Just flat out asked her. Gawd these people have no boundaries at all.

It also shows how ignorant / stupid Jill is. You NEVER ask a lady that!

Jill just doesn't care. Give her a few years and she might make Jill Rodrigues blush! :P

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Jill just doesn't care. Give her a few years and she might make Jill Rodrigues blush! :P

All color drained from my face as I read this. I can't imagine, but if Jill has taught me anything, it's that there are always new depths of shittiness to be reached.

Those two are really having a bad impact on my perception of the name "Jill" :giggle:

My husband has an Aunt Jill who we avoid because all she does is talk talk talk about her dead husband, her kids, her grandkids.  She will not allow any other conversation.  She can be very rude, and she drives me insane.  She has never tried to convert me though ;) .

12 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

It also shows how ignorant / stupid Jill is. You NEVER ask a lady that!

In their culture you do. It's completely normal for women in their cult to act that way. I mean, isn't this the family where the eldest daughters had to help track Michelle's menstrual cycle?

So yeah... they have no concept of boundaries because they were raised not to know what boundaries are. 

You know they are sisters. My sister would probably ask me and I would ask her. I probably wouldn't do it on TV but I wouldn't have a problem asking her nor of her asking me. 

To be fair Jill's sisters urged her to take a pregnancy test. Didn't she actually find out with one of Michelle's tests while visiting the TTH? She's not doing anything that hasn't been done to her.

2 hours ago, motelmum said:

You know they are sisters. My sister would probably ask me and I would ask her. I probably wouldn't do it on TV but I wouldn't have a problem asking her nor of her asking me. 

Same. I'm one of 6 girls and we ask questions (not just about pregnancy obvs) all the time. We don't use filters with each other.

I know it was set up for TV, but jesus that would drive me batty. 

2 hours ago, motelmum said:

This. If my sister gave me some sort of indication, I might ask the question, and you can be sure I would ask it privately.. I just could not live my life, my most private life, on tv, youtube, etc.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

In their culture you do. It's completely normal for women in their cult to act that way. I mean, isn't this the family where the eldest daughters had to help track Michelle's menstrual cycle?

So yeah... they have no concept of boundaries because they were raised not to know what boundaries are. 

Yeah, that was icky.

Somehow I got the impression that it wasn't just Mechelle's cycle they tracked.

Well, and obviously they were asking this probably not long after the honeymoon (Jill still being around), so some of Jinger's reaction could be, "you guys, it's only been a month!!"

46 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Yeah, that was icky.

Somehow I got the impression that it wasn't just Mechelle's cycle they tracked.

No need to officially track anyone else. Since no one was taking BC, they were probably all synced up...

My sister and I have no filter when talking to each other. But we don't have our conversations recorded for the who!e world to see.

48 minutes ago, The limit does not exist said:

No need to officially track anyone else. Since no one was taking BC, they were probably all synced up...

I wouldn't be surprised if they tracked themselves anyway, especially leading up to marriage. I also wouldn't be surprised if Michelle had them track her as a form of encouraging in learning the system. I am on a natural birth control (FAM/NFP) tracking app, and some of the most active members in the community are religious women preparing for marriage, even though they aren't yet sexually active (generally for pregnancy prevention, but if you want to conceive immediately, it's the exact same technique but with reversed goals).

I don't think it'd weird. I wouldn't hesitate to ask my sister or sister-in-law but of course, we are not being recorded for the world. I don't think it's strange to ask but I do think it's strange to ask constantly. I wouldn't ask any random woman on the street, coworker, etc though because that is weird.

My thing is that Jill asking if she was pregnant open the can of  "oh I see this person on TV and feel like I know her, lets ask if she is pregnant!" Fans will probs ask nonstop if she is pregnant. 

12 minutes ago, Wenny said:

My thing is that Jill asking if she was pregnant open the can of  "oh I see this person on TV and feel like I know her, lets ask if she is pregnant!" Fans will probs ask nonstop if she is pregnant. 

No. Their parents selling their childhoods to reality television made people think they know them and it makes people think it's ok for them to pester them with pregnancy questions. 

Leghumpers have even less of an idea about boundaries than the Duggars do. They'll ask the married offspring about pregnancies regardless of whether the siblings ask each other on the show.

• Destiny changed the title to 27 Dresses - I Mean Duggar Threads (Now, with Duggar women lawsuit discussion!)
  • choralcrusader8613 pinned this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived