IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's the Final (Wedding) Countdown!

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see them leaving the reception in a pick up. I have nothing against pickups; grew up on a farm and learned to drive on one! 

Maybe Pickles' source is Jilll Rodrigues. But the Duggars gave her a fake date knowing she would blab!

In all seriousness, I guess we'll see this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if Pickles is wrong though.

I keep learning towards the 27th, we shall see if anyone defenite is leaked.

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am keeping my fingers crossed so hard for some tackiness. I love snarking on wedding tackiness :my_biggrin:

A Very Duggar Wedding Checklist

1. Someone mentions Joy and Austin possibly being pregnant by year's end.

2. JoStin sprint down the aisle and out of the Church.

3. Derick tackles his pregnant wife as she walks out of the ceremony and violently licks the side of her face.

4. Josie is infantilized/made to feel super speshul somehow.

5. Jana makes a face.

6. Token JimBob crying/emotional scene because it's tough losing a J'Slave.

7. Derick paints Jill's nails.

8. JoStin's reception dessert will have something FJers can snark on.

9. Jill Rodrigues seats her family somewhere the camera is sure to see them.

10. Small child held up awkwardly to block Josh from view.

11. Michelle pretends to care, but accidentally calls Joy the wrong name because she's just so done with parenting.

12. The words "precious", "blessing", or "sweet" are used.

13. The terms "purposed to" or "new season of life" are used.

14. Someone talks about their modesty standards.

15. There will be pre-wedding praying. It will be awkward because that's how the Duggars roll.

16. First kiss will be awkward somehow.

17. Shots of adorable kids being adorable.

18. Someone says something innocently, but FJers die laughing because we're sick people with dirty minds.

19. The married sisters and their husbands reminisce about their own weddings.

20. Jessa makes some sort of snide comment to someone.

21. Ben attempts to say something profound and coherent, but just can't manage it.

22. Jeremy manages to clearly and gracefully state what Ben tried to say.

23. Jeremy also wears fun socks.

24. Jinger, Jill, Jessa, and Michelle stare at their Headships adoringly. So does Joy.

25. The Forsyths speak and creep half of us out. The other half think they're just misunderstood. A debate breaks out and is eventually ended when someone derails the thread using food, pets, or hot celebrities.

26. Someone makes a comment about KenSeph (Or JoNdra? Do we have a name for Joe and Kendra?) being next to marry.

27. JD is just kind of there.

28. Jennie and Jordyn are there, but no one really notices.

29. JoStin talk about being excited to be married to their best friend.

30. The married siblings will offer marriage advice. Except Josh. No one likes Josh.

31. Someone will find something wrong with Joy's dress or the Bridesmaid dresses.

Thats all I can manage now. 

18 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

There is only one type of seatbelt harness that is allowed on US carriers and it really isn't ideal for kids under 2 1/2/3. I tried using it one trip with my small three year old and she slipped right out of the harness and seatbelt and ended up on the floor. It is really, really easy to install a seat on a plane, easier than most cars but people do feel rushed and anxious which I am sure leads to a lot of mistakes. 

We were planning to travel for a wedding this summer. We can't go now, but we would have had to fly with our five month old. I don't care how many other people would have been pussed off - my kid would have been strapped securely in that car seat. My baby's health and safety trumps my concern about other people's feelings.

(Not directed at @HarleyQuinnor anyone else here. Just speaking in general.)

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

30. The married siblings will offer marriage advice. Except Josh. No one likes Josh.

This just caused me to choke on my wine. 

8 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Someone makes a comment about KenSeph (Or JoNdra? Do we have a name for Joe and Kendra?) being next to marry.

How about JoKen like joking? Not great but can't come up with anything else right now.

I missed the chance to respond to the comments about my theory on Joy being pregnant -- but the reason I believe this is because Josiah looked directly at her as he was hesitating on his "thank the graduating Sister Moms" comment, like he was thinking, "Oh shit -- I better not spill the beans!" He seems like the worst at keeping a secret. They made eye contact about it all, and this was just after she said she can't wait to be a mother. It goes completely counter to their values, but that's really the reason for my speculation. When they've dropped hints about things in the past, it's been obvious like this. It was just such a blatant exchange to me I will be surprised if that's not what's going on. I almost want to make a gif of this to demonstrate what I mean...

In any case, this family sucks at keeping secrets, probably because they're not allowed any privacy. :confusion-shrug:

On 5/18/2017 at 5:47 PM, Bethella said:

That's actually the safest thing for him and it's recommended by the FAA. He's not big enough for a regular seat belt and being held on Jill or Derick's lap is dangerous in a crash. Given how much we bitch about the Duggars and their lack of safety, this is one time they seem to be getting it right.

The last time I had to fly with a kid in a seat and a baby in a carrier (eons ago), the flight attendants made me take the baby out of the carrier and hold her in my arms for takeoff and landing. I'm not a crash test dummy, but it would seem more safe to have the baby strapped to me?

4 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

The last time I had to fly with a kid in a seat and a baby in a carrier (eons ago), the flight attendants made me take the baby out of the carrier and hold her in my arms for takeoff and landing. I'm not a crash test dummy, but it would seem more safe to have the baby strapped to me?

It isn't tested to have the baby strapped to you, which is the main reason it isn't allowed. In theory, you could crush the baby against the seat back in front of you. I do think it is something that should be tested, but crash testing is very expensive and not likely to be done any time soon. The CARES harness is a harness that connect to the plane seatbelt for a child sitting in their own seat but not big enough for the plane seatbelt alone. That is the only type of harness allowed during taxi, take off and landing.  In the US anyway, I know some international carriers have a seat belt type thing they allow, that hooks to the adult seatbelt and then around the lap child. 

26 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

How about JoKen like joking? Not great but can't come up with anything else right now.

I'm a fan of Josendra, maybe? Benessa was easy, and JinJer made itself, but Joy/Austin and Jill/Derick don't have names that go nearly as well together haha

If the wedding is indeed this Saturday, I can't get Joy out of my mind. She only had Jana at the house to talk to about, you know, personal things and expectations. Even though we dated for 3 years and "knew" each other well, there is something about the day or two before the wedding. When you have time to think and all that.  Those girls might get real with talking, we will never know but I hope there is someone she could talk to, we all know it probably isn't Michelle. I can't forget the stupid talk JimBob had with Josh and, of course, gave him some kind of book if I remember correctly.  I'm probably not stating it correctly but for some reason, for me, Joy is different.

16 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I'm a fan of Josendra, maybe? Benessa was easy, and JinJer made itself, but Joy/Austin and Jill/Derick don't have names that go nearly as well together haha

JoStin works for Joy and Austin.

As for Jill and Derick, I just call them The Dills.

46 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Done. They're officially JoKen now. Lol!

Did Jill just come back today? I bet it's next weekend then. I can't imagine why they'd schedule international travel two days before the wedding when they're not exactly on a tight return schedule (it's not like they only have two vacation days or something :my_rolleyes:). Also with carlin in Dollywood - Although I guess she could be coming in the day of the rehearsal...

5 minutes ago, Purrl said:

Do we know if they are getting married at the camp?

Most likely not. They need a big Church for a Duggar-sized wedding.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

26. Someone makes a comment about KenSeph (Or JoNdra? Do we have a name for Joe and Kendra?) being next to marry.

Joken. Pronounced kind of like Joking. Because she's 18. You have to be joking.

ETA: I see that was already suggested. Sorry I was late to the Joken :-/

8 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

Pickles just announced there was miscommunication from her source and the wedding date is the 27th after all. @VelociRapture had the date right all along!

Dear Pickles,

Game. Set. Match. :pb_lol:

Just now, VelociRapture said:

Dear Pickles,

Game. Set. Match. :pb_lol:

Pickles was wrong once she could be wrong again. I bet she never acknowledges that she was wrong.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived