IGNORED

Race to the Altar: Unmarried Fundies 3

Bethella

Can we please take the discussion of the Bontragers to the latest thread devoted to them to keep it all in one place. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um I don't know if this (old, consisting only of 2 posts) blog has been discussed (I searched for it but admittedly not the best with phone searches), but what the heck?!

lookingforamatchar @ blogspot

wow!! You can actually click on the questionnaire they want suitors for their daughters ("serious applicants only") to fill out. No word on the daughters - who they are, what they like etc. 

apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere! Also not sure if this is the best thread for it

2 hours ago, BirdgirlH said:

Um I don't know if this (old, consisting only of 2 posts) blog has been discussed (I searched for it but admittedly not the best with phone searches), but what the heck?!

I looked up the parents on FB and it appears that the oldest daughter was indeed married in 2016, following a courtship that began shortly after their website went up. Can't tell if her now-husband actually found her through the site, but he's originally from Illinois, not Arkansas. They're expecting a baby.

I had to scroll through about ten miles of the nastiest, most paranoid Breitbart-style conservative facebook crap to find this info, so somebody owes me a drink!

I had to scroll through about ten miles of the nastiest, most paranoid Breitbart-style conservative facebook crap to find this info, so somebody owes me a drink!

And me!! Haha! I also looked them up on FB and OMG! There was so much ignorance, seasoned with how ignorant people are who believe in climate change (f.e.). You will be pleased to hear that we simply do not have the power to destroy this planet!! (Because Jesus)

6 minutes ago, BirdgirlH said:

And me!! Haha! I also looked them up on FB and OMG! There was so much ignorance, seasoned with how ignorant people are who believe in climate change (f.e.). You will be pleased to hear that we simply do not have the power to destroy this planet!! (Because Jesus)

Apparently carbon emissions are good because "plants need carbon!" I also had no idea how many people Hillary Clinton has personally murdered. And who knew there was such a market for overtly racist political cartoons?

Maybe I just don't have enough loony-bin right wing friends and I'm not used to it, but good god those folks are something else.

On 6/2/2017 at 1:28 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Samuel Turley married this woman on May 27, but I don’t know who she is or if she’s even fundie.

JTits and Injustice were his groomsmen.

Samuel Turley's bride was Anna Hackel. You may remember her from this thread:

They have a wedding website here.

3 minutes ago, youthfulclearly said:

Samuel Turley's bride was Anna Hackel. You may remember her from this thread:

They have a wedding website on here.

Wasn't Anna Hackel a bridesmaid for Jessa.  Wonder if Jessa was invited.

7 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Wasn't Anna Hackel a bridesmaid for Jessa.

Yes she was. There were also rumors of a courtship between Anna and JD several years ago.

Charity Burnett and Samuel Wearden were married this weekend. There are some pictures on Instagram. (His sister(s) posted, I believe.)

This account is public; Admins please delete if the link is a problem.

2 hours ago, maple802 said:

Charity Burnett and Samuel Wearden were married this weekend.

I'm rather surprised they actually got married, they scrubbed the blog announcement pretty quickly after it happened. 

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

I'm rather surprised they actually got married, they scrubbed the blog announcement pretty quickly after it happened. 

Maybe he discovered FJ and didn't want to be discussed on here?  They haven't posted since Feb. so maybe they've decided to share less in general.

I think I'm just shocked to see dancing as part of a fundie wedding reception. I hope to see more pictures. That dress is beautiful and charity if gorgeous anyway.

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think I'm just shocked to see dancing as part of a fundie wedding reception. I hope to see more pictures. That dress is beautiful and charity if gorgeous anyway.

To be fair, do fundies actually object to slow dancing between married couples (only married couples), where it's to suitably Christian music? 

I'm not sure how they could object. After all isn't the main objection to dancing that it leads to the defrauding of any unmarried men and women participating in it, or that it involves a woman immodestly displaying her body? Neither of those things are happening in that photo. 

Opinions on dancing and music vary among fundamentalist Christian sects.

50 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

To be fair, do fundies actually object to slow dancing between married couples (only married couples), where it's to suitably Christian music? 

I'm not sure how they could object. After all isn't the main objection to dancing that it leads to the defrauding of any unmarried men and women participating in it, or that it involves a woman immodestly displaying her body? Neither of those things are happening in that photo. 

It's the public slow dancing at a wedding that surprised me. I just I haven't seen a lot of these types of pictures from fundie weddings. 

When I see fundie dancing pictures, it always seems to be that old fashioned dancing where you aren't that close to your partner. Like stuff from the 1800s that the Boyer Sisters seem to go for.

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

The Gothardite/IBLP position on this seems to be that dancing even between married couples is not okay in public because it could lead to desires among the audience that can't be righteously fulfilled. Michelle and JB Duggar once said that they sometimes dance in the privacy of their bedroom, but never in public. For your information: Dry-humping in public is a-okay.

The (former) Vison Forum crowd, on the other hand, is cool with dancing. I think the Burnetts are part of that crowd, aren't they?

17 hours ago, JillyO said:

The Gothardite/IBLP position on this seems to be that dancing even between married couples is not okay in public because it could lead to desires among the audience that can't be righteously fulfilled. Michelle and JB Duggar once said that they sometimes dance in the privacy of their bedroom, but never in public. For your information: Dry-humping in public is a-okay.

What kind of deviant would be stirred up by watching Michelle and Jim Bob dance?  I can't imagine that anyone would be that desperate.

The dry-humping in public is so gross that I think Michelle and Jim Bob might realize it.  Since it's utterly non-arousing (except perhaps to :puke-front:), it would be fine by their standards.

As the old joke goes, "why don't Baptists approve of fornication? Because it might lead to dancing!"

Not sure if this has already been noted here - Justice Vernier (youngest brother of Audri Vernier Botkin) is engaged to Maggie Maye Rose, per his Instagram page. Quote from a pic posted five days ago:

"Over the last few months I've learned what it's like to stand on your own, being confident in yourself and standing on your own two feet. I feel like so much of my earlier years I was never given the chance to make a name for myself. I was kept in a world where everything was controlled and I never was given the opportunity to learn or understand what it means to be a man. Just because I've moved out, got a job, truck~car, girl, and soon to-be wife doesn't make you a man. A man is someone who knows how to stand on his own. He can stand up without being ashamed. He relies on the word of God as his mean source of wisdom then he uses common knowledge. I'd encourage you guys to get out there... stop hiding in your dads basement. Go see the world before it's too late."

A little rebellion in middle Tennessee! Go, Justice!! :clap:

https://www.instagram.com/_justicevernier

It looks like they are getting married August 5th. He is also kissing before marriage and she is wearing short cut offs so I assume she isn't going by the typical fundie modesty standards. But she sells Plexus :-/ 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived