IGNORED

Race to the Altar: Unmarried Fundies 3

Bethella

Bethany seems to be in contact with all parties, and is in good graces with her grandparents at least.  Considering her grandmother Scarlett's absolute blind devotion to Alan, that's pretty interesting. Otherwise, the Smith girls ALL went Team Morton in support of Katie, and vocally so. Rachel in particular spoke out early on, and updated her otherwise dead blog with a scathing reference to her family's support of Alan. Of the rest of the non-S'Mortons, Kennedy has probably been the most aggressive. She and John seem to take turns commenting on various Smith accounts.

The extended Smith family has been a mixed bag. Some of them are very much anti-Morton, and seem to feel that Katie's departure from her marriage and lack of forgiveness towards Alan is the big problem, not the abuse. They occasionally even seem to acknowledge that he may have done something wrong, but feel that Jesus has forgiven him, so everyone else needs to get with the program. Others are seemingly neutral (at least, publicly), interacting with the vitriolic Scarlett, but also responding supportively on Morton social media. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Bethany seems to be in contact with all parties, and is in good graces with her grandparents at least.  Considering her grandmother Scarlett's absolute blind devotion to Alan, that's pretty interesting. Otherwise, the Smith girls ALL went Team Morton in support of Katie, and vocally so. Rachel in particular spoke out early on, and updated her otherwise dead blog with a scathing reference to her family's support of Alan. Of the rest of the non-S'Mortons, Kennedy has probably been the most aggressive. She and John seem to take turns commenting on various Smith accounts.

And this is the reason why I think someone in the family (maybe multiple someones, probably male) caught Alan in the act. They really banded together against Alan and in support of Katie. The usually stance in fundiedom is to rug sweep this type of crap, but the Mortons definitely did not. 

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

And this is the reason why I think someone in the family (maybe multiple someones, probably male) caught Alan in the act. They really banded together against Alan and in support of Katie. The usually stance in fundiedom is to rug sweep this type of crap, but the Mortons definitely did not. 

Their support of her could be for a lot of reasons, and catching him would definitely have done the trick. There's also the possibility that physical damage was observed during a medical exam when Social Services got involved, or more simply, they were able to support her since she wasn't the one accused. 

It's entirely possible that we'd be seeing a very, very different script play out if a Morton son had perpetrated a similar crime. 

Have we ever gotten any explanation on why the Mortons moved to Paraguay? Religious "persecution" (:5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:)? Are they going to stay there for good? I never understood this because of the size of their compound in Georgia. Michael Jr. and Kressant just finished their new house and then left for Paraguay. Wtf?

I think it's really important we remember the FJ rules here:

DO NOT speculate on the identity of any victims/survivors or incest/molestation/rape/sexual assault.

Unless a victim or survivor has put their identity into the public sphere as a victim of a sexual assault, do not speculate on whether they may be a victim.

17 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Have we ever gotten any explanation on why the Mortons moved to Paraguay? Religious "persecution" (:5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:)? Are they going to stay there for good? I never understood this because of the size of their compound in Georgia. Michael Jr. and Kressant just finished their new house and then left for Paraguay. Wtf?

I'm not sure we've ever got an explanation, I don't follow the Mortons very closely. But here's the thread from when they first left.

On 10/20/2017 at 3:32 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

I had assumed that Michael and Kress went down there since the parents/Addie and the unmarried sons moved up to the States to support Katie.  Otherwise Rachel and Wes would be alone down in SA without any family members.  I think Wes has/had a repair shop and the SMortons may have started a construction business down there as well.  I think they just needed bodies. 

7 hours ago, JMO said:

I had assumed that Michael and Kress went down there since the parents/Addie and the unmarried sons moved up to the States to support Katie.  Otherwise Rachel and Wes would be alone down in SA without any family members.  I think Wes has/had a repair shop and the SMortons may have started a construction business down there as well.  I think they just needed bodies. 

Before Alan was caught Jacquie talked about spending the day with Kressant & the grandkids and getting in as much time as she could before they decided to leave for South America. I think they were planning to go even before Alan's shit hit the fan.

I have no idea why the Mortons jumped on the Paraguay ship in the first place or their plans, but I'm pretty sure Mike & Kressant were already planning on going. 

Another altar run is a comin'

Martha Alexander has another sister in law engaged. Brittany is engaged to a boy man named Johnny Ingalls. 

Daddy Lord guided, no touching (by appearances) courtship and all. 

Is it me or does every fundie courtship story sound exactly the same? I know they all think they're very special with their god acting specifically for the sake of making two specific people get married and make babies, but every single story is a clone of the one before. 

Brittany is about 28 right? I’m glad she didn’t become another Sarah Maxwell, but I do think she should do something about that weird hairstyle of hers lol she reminds me of Michelle Duggar... anyway, the knot says they’re getting married January 26th.

ETA: lurking through the knot I also found out Andrew Hale and Ruth Hutchins are getting married this Saturday (28th)

Brittany and Johnny both look to be somewhere between 25 and 65. The perm! The dad jeans!

I'm also getting the impression that she was never really attracted to Johnny, but in the year after she first turned him down she saw her prospects growing narrower and decided that God had laid it on her heart to reconsider.

I'm so glad for her. Brittany looks lovely in those pictures, 90s mall hair notwithstanding. I think that it hurt her deeply to have two younger siblings marry before she did. Much like Anna-Marie Maxwell, I think that Brittany Alexander is one of those fundy women who genuinely thrive in the baby-making patriarchy. 

From Brittany and Johnny's love story:

"At that point I began praying.  And Mom and Dad were praying too.  They had been observing Johnny more as well during those months, and were thinking the same way I was about him.  So we committed it to the Lord, and asked Him to send Johnny back if he was the right one.  I was praying very specifically during that time.  I was praying that the Lord would send Johnny back only if he was the right man for me, and that He would only send the young man to court me who He intended me to marry.  It seemed like a bold prayer, almost too much to ask.  How would Johnny ever know that I had had a change of thought towards him?  I was determined not to indicate it in any way to him, so that he would only come back if the Lord placed those thoughts in his mind. "

^^^^this is absolutely RIDICULOUS. Just fucking tell him you made a mistake! You sound like a 13 year old in love for the first time. Don't play games! Just be honest and tell him you made a mistake instead of waiting around and wringing your hands. And her parents went along with it! If that were my child I would tell her to be honest with him the next time they talked at church. Why make your lives so much more difficult? Such bullshit. 

Did the Alexanders originally have 3 kids and then decide to let god decide how many kids?  Because there is quite a gap between the oldest 3 and the youngest 5.  

14 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

LOL. That's a lot of text to describe basically doing nothing.

That's the same story of every SAHD we talk about on FJ. It's pathetically sad. 

13 minutes ago, JMO said:

Did the Alexanders originally have 3 kids and then decide to let god decide how many kids?  Because there is quite a gap between the oldest 3 and the youngest 5.  

It seems so. They said they weren't Christians when they married. They also gave their first three children very worldly names. Then a 9 year gap. The last five all have biblical names (ex Sarah, Esther, Titus).

There family makeup is similar to the Maxwells. They had three children and decided to be done. Had a change of heart and went on to have five more like the Alexanders. The difference is that the Maxwells have 5 boys and 3 girls while the alexanders have 5 girls and 3 boys.  

I don't understand why it's so godly to show absolute disinterest in the boy you like. Particularly if you already know he's interested in you! 

5 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

I don't understand why it's so godly to show absolute disinterest in the boy you like. Particularly if you already know he's interested in you! 

If you go to the Alexander family blog, you will see Breanna did the exact same thing. She liked Mark Berry but showed no emotion toward him for two fucking years because she had to wait for him. 

These people are fucking nut bags.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you go to the Alexander family blog, you will see Breanna did the exact same thing. She liked Mark Berry but showed no emotion toward him for two fucking years because she had to wait for him. 

These people are fucking nut bags.

think about all the arrows they could have had in their quiver by now! 

16 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

It's completely bizarre. There have to be some fundie parents with 35 year old daughters at home regretting this ridiculous method of finding a mate. 

26 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

I'm not sure if you meant the play on words that you quoted but it made me laugh.  

I think it's ridiculous, too, but in fundie courtships the interested female can't make any move herself. Though I think it would be appropriate or "allowed" for Brittany's father to tell Johnny or his father that Brittany had had a change of heart. Makes more sense to me than waiting for the Lord to let Johnny know. But then, I'm not a fundie. :)

Here's a story from Rebekah Thomas (wife of Michael, whose sister is Melissa Niednagel) where she explains that she had feelings for Michael but didn't know if he felt the same way, so her father talked to Michael's father and "delicately asked him if any of his sons had a particular interest in any of our girls." And Michael did have an interest in her. So, you know, that works.

http://michaelandrebekah2009.blogspot.com/2009/01/once-upon-time.html

1 hour ago, Corntree said:

I think it's ridiculous, too, but in fundie courtships the interested female can't make any move herself. Though I think it would be appropriate or "allowed" for Brittany's father to tell Johnny or his father that Brittany had had a change of heart. Makes more sense to me than waiting for the Lord to let Johnny know. But then, I'm not a fundie. :)

Here's a story from Rebekah Thomas (wife of Michael, whose sister is Melissa Niednagel) where she explains that she had feelings for Michael but didn't know if he felt the same way, so her father talked to Michael's father and "delicately asked him if any of his sons had a particular interest in any of our girls." And Michael did have an interest in her. So, you know, that works.

http://michaelandrebekah2009.blogspot.com/2009/01/once-upon-time.html

Omgerd what??? Who are these people?! Renaissance fair themed weddings? He was into her when he was 22 and she was 16 and he was just waiting around "for her to grow up"?! Super ew!!

All the Roberts girls seem to be getting into relationships... Marty is with a guy named Joshua Noethe based on her Instagram and his Facebook ....

i was thinking there could be a Roberts wedding next year but their relationship seem super mainstream (at least from Instagram) so maybe they’ll have long term ones (here’s hoping)

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived