IGNORED

Race to the Altar: Unmarried Fundies 3

Bethella

On August 22, 2017 at 10:07 AM, HereticHick said:

I'm a little behind the times, so I just discovered the "Honeymoon Balls" recipe that Kathryn Neely Staddon posted on their blog last month: http://danielloveskathryn.com/2017/07/18/honeymoon-balls/

I know all fundy maidens look forward to honeymoon balls.

: )

Do these people have no awareness of the double entendre? Honeymoon Balls, that's just rich! 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They grow up so sheltered that they in fact just can't see the double meaning of some of the things they say.

And I have to say I'm quite happy they don't.. it makes snarking just more funny!

Edgar Roberts (family friends of the Bateses and Mortons) is in a relationship with someone named Christie, per facebook. Her profile is mostly private but she looks relatively mainstream.

Thank you! I didn't realize that Matthias has an insta account.

The pictures are beautiful, but it's a little bit too pinteresty IMHO.

has it already been discussed that Jenni Hartono seems to have a boyfriend, based on comments on this pic?  [I wish I spoke Bahasa Indonesia so I could understand more of them]:

Heads-up to those who may have missed this: the Bontrager-Bowers s double wedding is starting at 4:18pm CT today, and it's being livestreamed! The livestream goes live at 4pm, with instructions here: http://bontragersingers.blogspot.co.uk. Lots of FJ fundies are likely to be there, including the Duggars, Bateses, Maxwells, Staddons, Burnetts and Wissmanns.

This is probably the fundie wedding weekend of the year because a third Bontrager son is getting married tomorrow, too, and I imagine all the Bontrager guests will be staying the weekend and attending both weddings. That wedding will be live streamed as well, but off the top of my head I can't remember the time.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Bean said:

There is no video on YouTube of the entire ceremony.  What's up with the running down the aisle during recessional?

Here's the video: 

1 hour ago, JMO said:

@Bethella the video is now unavailable :my_sad:

It was up for a while last night. Maybe they noticed that I posted it. Or maybe they only intended to leave it up for a little while.

Not sure if this would be one sufficient for the list, but Mike Schadt's (S.O.S. Ministries, married Jessa & Ben) son Levi is engaged to Amber Diaz-Perez. Wedding date: 11/04/2017.

I don't know much about the Diaz-Perez family except they appear to be from TX, have 4 (?) daughters - one is married to Andrew Patton. I'm sure they are some kind of fundie but a rare kind, as most of the girls have bachelor's and master's degrees from UT Arlington.  

8 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

Not sure if this would be one sufficient for the list, but Mike Schadt's (S.O.S. Ministries, married Jessa & Ben) son Levi is engaged to Amber Diaz-Perez. Wedding date: 11/04/2017.

I don't know much about the Diaz-Perez family except they appear to be from TX, have 4 (?) daughters - one is married to Andrew Patton. I'm sure they are some kind of fundie but a rare kind, as most of the girls have bachelor's and master's degrees from UT Arlington.  

If they have only 4 daughters, it makes me wonder if fundies that only have one sex of children change their rules because of it. Like if you have only girls, do you become more lenient about higher education or letting them take on more masculine jobs and hobbies? 

One example would be the seven sisters. Their first 7 children were girls and the oldest ones were in their teens before the two boys were born. Did that result in their parents allowing more education, freedom, and male dominant jobs like flying? And in boy heavy families, are the males expected to do a lot of cooking, cleaning, and child minding? I assume that had to take place in he Arndt household while ME was very young and unable to help.

On 9/1/2017 at 10:16 AM, HereticHick said:

has it already been discussed that Jenni Hartono seems to have a boyfriend, based on comments on this pic?  [I wish I spoke Bahasa Indonesia so I could understand more of them]:

Am I late? When did she start wearing pants?

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

Am I late? When did she start wearing pants?

I'm pretty sure she always wears them when she's in Indonesia, but wears skirts around the duggars out of respect I guess and she also went to PCC which I'm pretty sure only allows skirts

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

Theyre 5 sisters and they're definitely a rare kinda fundie because I noticed they have an older sister called aurora Diaz, and the youngest don't use the Diaz name, just Perez.. so I think their mom is divorced or a widow

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And in boy heavy families, are the males expected to do a lot of cooking, cleaning, and child minding? I assume that had to take place in he Arndt household while ME was very young and unable to help.

Cathy Arndt has said in a special I saw that as the boys got older she taught them to cook and stuff because she wanted them to help her. 

On 9/4/2017 at 0:58 PM, Suz8710 said:

The Diaz-Perez's are tight with Nathan Bates's ex, Ashley Sayler and her sisters, and I think some of them attended JoyandAustin Duggars wedding.

I think Amber, and perhaps one other sister, are pictured here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUyGhgcAuRI/?hl=en&taken-by=bronxnewyorkheart

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Per People magazine, Joseph Duggar married Kendra Caldwell tonight.

Yep, I saw. Of all the nights to leave my flash drive at work. I'll update the lists tomorrow.

Breanna Alexander is getting married in Jacksonville, Fl today. I thought maybe their wedding might be cancelled but Adeline posted videos of them going to Florida

I hope they have no trouble regarding the hurricane!

52 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Breanna Alexander is getting married in Jacksonville, Fl today. I thought maybe their wedding might be cancelled but Adeline posted videos of them going to Florida

I hope they have no trouble regarding the hurricane!

They've been on the list but I didn't realize the wedding was in Florida. I can kind of understand not cancelling since the hurricane hasn't actually arrived yet but I hope they took appropriate safety measures to protect the guests who won't be able to leave.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived