IGNORED

Race to the Altar: Unmarried Fundies 3

Bethella

Continuing on from the previous threads: 

Lists last updated 17 October 2017

Single Fundies 

image.png.a61b813cb194b769ea8b1ce56390cf16.pngimage.png.12b8363ba2bbbb4c7f1451f01c2bad10.pngimage.png.76eb82317de67ff9b3fb7fecd0cb0f99.png

In a Relationship 

image.png.5390c957ee2af387fe4b0193eb9ef178.png

Newlyweds 

image.png.913df616664dbff908d036fae1b7d05c.png

image.png

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nurie finally made the list.  Sigh.  

Is Gabby Campana only 17?  Anyone know when she turns 18?  

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I don't have my list with me at work. If no one else has posted by then, I'll check when I get home from work.

2 hours ago, JMO said:

Not for long if Jill has her way.

@Bethella I don't want to give you more work, but I'm having a pile of schadenfreude imagining an extra table at the bottom, of divorced Fundies.

But a serious question to those who know:  I'm wondering what they count as?  EG does BRADRICK! count as single to the average Fundy, or only Kelly as she's perceived to be the wronged one?  Would Katie S'morton count as single, or would her situation be more akin to being widowed, at least from the Morton PoV?

ETA Of course divorce is not an ideal scenario, but all these families who were so adamant their way was the only way, and now look at them.  of course, my heart hurts for the poor 2nd generation kidults pushed into early marriages, who are suffering from their awful upbringings. But I want to yell at the patriarchs and cult leaders about how their rules are bullshit, and their judgey bollocks at shocking ideas like ZOMG dating was all hubris.

6 hours ago, JMO said:

Gabby is only 16, she'll turn 18 in July 2018.

41 minutes ago, Lurky said:

@Bethella I don't want to give you more work, but I'm having a pile of schadenfreude imagining an extra table at the bottom, of divorced Fundies.

I don't think I want to start a list of divorced fundies. And I think for both divorced and widowed fundies, I won't put them back on the unmarried list until we see signs of them re-entering the marriage market.

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Add Charity Johnston to the list. She's of age.

Who are the Johnstons? I don't see any mention of them on FJ.

Charity Johnston is the oldest daughter of The Activist Mommy, Elizabeth Johnston. She is married to a doctor that has no business being a doctor and has 10 children. Visit her Facebook page if you need a daily dose of fundie hate. 

The Johnstons are friends on fb with a bunch of VF people so I assume they were at least peripheral followers of VF at some point. 

7 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Mariah Campana is also missing from the list.

No, she isn't missing. She's on the list, the second of three Campana kidults listed.

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

No, she isn't missing. She's on the list, the second of three Campana kidults listed.

Sorry, I'm blind.  Long week.

Are we including the Shupes? I know they've changed a bit recently and the 7 youngest go to public school, but I reckon they're still similar belief wise. Eldest daughter Karen is 18.

Just now, mango_fandango said:

Are we including the Shupes? I know they've changed a bit recently and the 7 youngest go to public school, but I reckon they're still similar belief wise. Eldest daughter Karen is 18.

Sure, I just don't have birthdays for any of them.

I don't have exact birthdays, but here is Erika Shupe posting about Karen's 18th and Melanie's 17th birthdays. So I'd say Karen was born July/August 1998 and Melanie August/September 1999.

Yep. No actual date but Karen is 18 and Melanie 17, so not eligible for the list *yet* but will be in four months.

Rebekah Richardson (one of the seven sisters) is 18 now.

The Hales should be on here - not the Buck-Hales (well, I suppose they should be on here, but I don't know the families well enough to know the names of any unmarried Buck-Hales) but the Hale family who married into the Smith family of the 11smiths blog. Unmarried adult Hales are Hannah, Andrew (courting or engaged) and Peter, though I don't actually know Peter's relationship status.

The Hales are also married into the Schatte family, who should also be on here. Unmarried adult Schattes are Andrew, Rachel, Esther and Faith: http://schatteadventures.blogspot.co.uk/p/our-family.html?m=0. The About Us page doesn't seem to have been updated recently, so Lizzy is probably over 18 now as well. 

The Bontrager-Bowers wedding is in September, according to the Bontrager blog. Cassie Shashaguay's fiancé is called Caleb Gulder. And Sarah Pelc from the As Lilies blog should be on the unmarried list, as her sister Leah is on the engaged list.

Thanks for the updates everyone! It definitely helps when I don't have to track down all the information myself.

I'm looking forward to the Bontrager wedding. I'm thinking it won't be a fundierific frump fest. I bet it will be cute.

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm looking forward to the Bontrager wedding. I'm thinking it won't be a fundierific frump fest. I bet it will be cute.

But will we get both families singing together?

1 minute ago, Bethella said:

But will we get both families singing together?

If we are lucky :my_confused:

8 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Should Trace Bates be up there? He's 20. 

He's listed under "In a relationship" due to his speculated relationship with Campbell Roberts.

3 minutes ago, Bethella said:

He's listed under "In a relationship" due to his speculated relationship with Campbell Roberts.

Holy shit. I didn't know this. I try to ignore the 'bit' fundies as much as I can. 

This - - well, it just makes my gut turn and my throat chuckle. 

7 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Oh snap! I did not see that. Thanks!

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived