IGNORED

Adoptive "Mothers" 3: Women Who Don't Deserve Mother's Day

FundieFarmer

The Reeds of Smiles and Trials had a wedding this past weekend! Julia, all of 19 years old (I think), is now married. I'll skip over my usual rant about lack of education and getting married young to have sex to say this: I really really hope that when they start to post pictures, Rachel, Anna and Galina are in some. If not, I hope something is said about them having been invited but they needed life-saving surgery so couldn't come. Yes, I am sure they are poor but Christine and John are not so money shouldn't be an excuse.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jegfile said:

The Reeds of Smiles and Trials had a wedding this past weekend! Julia, all of 19 years old (I think), is now married. I'll skip over my usual rant about lack of education and getting married young to have sex to say this: I really really hope that when they start to post pictures, Rachel, Anna and Galina are in some. If not, I hope something is said about them having been invited but they needed life-saving surgery so couldn't come. Yes, I am sure they are poor but Christine and John are not so money shouldn't be an excuse.

I used to read them daily but stopped about 2 years ago... what's going on with Rachel, Anna, and Galina?  Have they moved out?

Does anyone else think it's weird that Kimi approved those comments that asked direct questions about her daughters, but didn't answer them? I wouldn't imagine it's because the girls may not be any good at helping out with the dogs, since Kimi'd be more than happy to ramble on about that. Come to think of it, it's been nearly two months since we've gotten a proper update (right at the cusp of Sissy-gate, as I recall).

On 8/5/2017 at 8:44 PM, SoybeanQueen said:

Yes, you have to have a home study done and a social worker has to approve the adoption. Some people are very good at acting and sounding normal for long enough to pass a home study, though. There are also adoption agencies that specialize in newborns or international adoptions that wouldn't look too hard at you as long as you have the money. It's a big-money industry.

In my experience, there are more restrictions and regulations to follow when adopting from the US foster care system.

There are also church-based adoption agencies that care only about your belonging to and sharing the values of their specific denomination (and that you have enough money, of course.)

• Upvote 4

On 8/8/2017 at 0:24 AM, Cheetah said:

I used to read them daily but stopped about 2 years ago... what's going on with Rachel, Anna, and Galina?  Have they moved out?

From what I've been able to piece together, Rachel moved out and Christine was so upset that she stopped blogging for quite a while. I was able to find Rachel's FB and she seems to be happily married and has a baby named Jackson. John went to visit Rachel in the hospital (there's a photo of him holding baby Jackson) but Christine is silent. 

I think two years ago (but I'm guessing), Christine and John moved their family from California to Texas. Rachel stayed back in California. The last time Galina was mentioned on the blog Christine said she flew with Galina to check out houses. Then Galina disappeared. Anna has been described by Christine as "out living her own life". She was seen in pictures this past summer so I assume she is in California as well (Christine and family went back for a visit in June.)

Unlike the girls, the boys (Adam and Caleb) are frequently mentioned as doing very well in college. I'm trying hard not to think so negatively about John and Christine but it seems too convenient that the boys are getting an education while the girls are missing in action or getting married (Julia married last Saturday and Annalyn's wedding is in a couple of weeks).

• Upvote 3

On 8/5/2017 at 9:14 PM, claire said:

Is it ok to ask a question here please?

I'm in the UK which has really strict rules on adoption with lots of in depth assessments on the prospective parents. When parents are adopting outside of the UK they still have to have Social Services assess and agree to the adoption.

Does this not happen to the same degree in the USA?

These mothers sound like crackpots who are doing a dreadful job!

Here every adoptive parent is finger printed and has a home study. If you go through foster care they don't want to deny you because they need you. Private adoption and international adoption costs money. So I'm guessing they dont like denying people. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

Here every adoptive parent is finger printed and has a home study. If you go through foster care they don't want to deny you because they need you. Private adoption and international adoption costs money. So I'm guessing they dont like denying people. 

Adoption agencies for international adoptions pre-screen potential adoptive parents because  countries themselves have some rules on who can adopt and US immigration does as well.  

By the time the potential parents start the home study, they should know of any potential pitfalls they may face.  A home study provider not linked to an agency will also pre-screen.  

If parents can't pass the pre-screen, they will be advised not to continue with the process.  Using pre-screening results in very few home study denials. 

• Upvote 4

On 5/20/2017 at 11:27 PM, freejugar said:

If she can understand instructions to disable alarms, and figure out ways to sneak through Windows without being detected, she doesn't have the level of impairment that Kimi says she has. I hope she gets real help at the adults program.

I am just catching up on Kimi's older posts and thought the same thing. 

Putting alarms on doors and windows when you have children in the home who might be a danger to themselves or others is something that can be suggested by social workers. The point isn't to imprison but to make sure parents are notified so that they can keep the child and others in the home safe - ie a child who may wander at night and not understand the dangers

The bassinet sotry she talks about on Mother's Day is so out there and lacks any sense of logic.  First, when you pick something up from the curb, yes, it can look perfect but get the item home and you can quickly discover why someone else put in on the curb. The missing piece could have always been missing. 

OTOH let's say that Sissy did in fact manage to lose a piece of it.  Easy to do by circumstance - just playing with the item may have worked the piece loose.  But if it was planned, this would  mean that she would have had to glance at the item, stealthy assess which piece if missing would cause the hood to not work yet no one would notice was missing  until later, then just as stealthy remove the piece and dispose of it all the while surrounded by several people on a walk home.  And if Sissy did all that, it wouldn't seem like she would have much of a low IQ.

• Upvote 22

• 2 weeks later...

So, um, the latest in Kimi-related news is that she has just debuted a contraption of her own creation that allows her to walk all four dogs, push Apple in a stroller, and wear roller skates. It truly takes seeing to believe.

• Upvote 6

Holy shit! All she needs is to put a snow shovel on the front and then in the winter she can make a few extra bucks also cleaning up the street!

• Upvote 6

I'm sorry, I fail to see how that keeps the dogs from running away with her. One walk gone bad and Apple is careening down the street with the dogs while Kimi is on the ground with broken bones and road rash.

Risks, people, risks. Analyze them!

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, FundieFarmer said:

I'm sorry, I fail to see how that keeps the dogs from running away with her. One walk gone bad and Apple is careening down the street with the dogs while Kimi is on the ground with broken bones and road rash.

Risks, people, risks. Analyze them!

Agreed, this is an accident waiting to happen.  And the stroller does not have a break - on roller skates she is completely helpless.

• Upvote 4

The reason less people die in dog sledding accidents is because the dogs are well trained. Arent some of hers actual puppies? One squirrel running past and Kimi is screwed.

• Upvote 7

I am picturing a future post about some sort of accident involving this contraption and Kimi blaming her other girls for the mess/injuries to Apple. Roller skates and strollers don't mix well.

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

The reason less people die in dog sledding accidents is because the dogs are well trained. Arent some of hers actual puppies? One squirrel running past and Kimi is screwed.

This would be hilarious to me if poor Apple weren't front-and-center.

3 minutes ago, Khan said:

I am picturing a future post about some sort of accident involving this contraption and Kimi blaming her other girls for the mess/injuries to Apple. Roller skates and strollers don't mix well.

Ugh, yeah, I've thought of this, too. Although, in a worst-case-scenario, I don't know if she could get out of being at the mercy to onlookers' influence, what with the very spectacle-like scenario and it's many...components. I mean, can you imagine being one of Kimi's neighbors?

Alameda gothic: a strange woman on roller-skates driving a brake-less stroller with a six-year-old in it that's pulled by four majestic puppies yoked with PVC piping and rubber bands, who goes whizzing down the street, stopping every so often to verbally abuse the three sulky Chinese teenagers who are trailing behind and ruining everything...

You know, I wonder if the reason that Kimi hasn't posted anything negative about her daughters lately (or much about them at all) is because someone's said something to her, or that something has happened to make her shut up. Maybe that's what's prompted her into diving straight into getting a bunch of dogs?

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

I don't think that contraption would be that bad if she would not be on skates, if you are on your feet you would probably be able to handle a situation. It does look like it could really make it hard for the dogs to full in different directions. I don't get why you get 4 dogs more or less at once when you are not that used to dogs and I never will.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 8/23/2017 at 8:19 PM, Stormy said:

So, um, the latest in Kimi-related news is that she has just debuted a contraption of her own creation that allows her to walk all four dogs, push Apple in a stroller, and wear roller skates. It truly takes seeing to believe.

Yikes! that's crazy.  Honestly, this idea is so bad and that she herself took the picture and posted it and can't see how ridiculous it looks makes me really think that she needs some outside help.  

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

You would think she would not do something so dangerous with her favourite child.

I used to think Kimi was at least sane and sensible -- cruel and abusive, but sensible. Now I'm convinced she's actually delusional. She doesn't undercut her daughters' progress and success to be cunning and spiteful, but because she genuinely thinks that anything that's not just-so in Kimi land is something that's out to get her.

Apple has Apert syndrome, which exhibits a variety of symptoms that include -- perhaps most importantly -- abnormalities of the skull and facial bones. A hallmark feature is the premature fusion of the skull bones as an infant, which can cause brain damage or worse. She's already had several grueling surgeries (chronicled on the blog) and could potentially need more, and the state of her brain health -- physical or cognitive -- is unclear. It'd be bad enough for an average six-year-old to be launched onto the asphalt, but Apple's condition could make it especially disastrous, even deadly. On top of it all, she also does not have full use of her hands and feet (also due to Apert syndrome) and has unexplained muscle weakness that was described by Kimi a while back. If Apple were to take a tumble, she would not be able to effectively brace herself, break her fall, or otherwise lessen her injuries.

Kimi is incapable of fathoming that she's anything other than the perfect mother, or that she could possibly do something to harm her children. We've seen her justify her emotional abuse of the two oldest girls; if Kimi can dream of doing it, then it's okay. She can rationalize strapping her most precious, favorite daughter into a canine death-mobile because she (Kimi) is piloting it, and therefore believes that nothing bad could possibly happen.

Edited by Stormy
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I learned in the 3ed grade to not roller skate and walk the dogs at the same time. I still have the scar that required 12 stitches.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I tried to put my 2 85 lb dogs on a splitter to walk them last spring. You know what happened? I ended up being drug across a field on my back so they could go see two other dogs that were just as wound up as they were. I ended up on my back because one of them was squirming his way out of his harness and I tried to wrap my arms and legs around him to keep him under control. I can't imagine trying to walk 4 dogs and a stroller on roller skates. (My dogs are actually really sweet but the older one gets nervous and protective around strange dogs so I walk them in the least trafficked areas I can find. Now I enlist the help of my mom so that there's an equal ratio of dogs and humans. It's MUCH more functional. )

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, freejugar said:

What the fuck is the pvc piping supposed to do? if' it's held together by rubber bands i will fall out any moment

My best guess is that it acts as a visual signal to the dogs that they shouldn't go further than the line created by the PVC.  If the leashes still have slack in them when the dogs are at the PVC, it may reduce the number of times the dogs pull at their leashes when the dogs are being well behaved.  And, if the leashes aren't much longer than what they need to reach the PVC, the dogs can't clear the pipe by jumping over or crawling under the PVC, so it's possible that any leash-pulling from such attempts is short-lived. However, the dogs can still go off in another direction, or just push against the PVC (which would push Apple's stroller and pull K along).  

In the meantime, the contraption is such a wide, difficult-to-maneuver, load.  They probably can't safely use sidewalks.  And they probably take up a full lane on the road.

It's attached to the stroller with bungee cords, which are pretty strong if done right.  I assume these are the "rubber bands," but I may be missing something.

Poor, K.  None of her girls is capable of walking a dog, or pushing a stroller.  She has to do it all herself.  She can't trust any of the girls to watch Apple for a few minutes while she walks the dogs.  She probably also has to wear the skates or she wouldn't be able to keep up with the dogs.  And she had to make this contraption because  her stroller has no "stopping brakes." (I really hope she investigates ways to add "stopping brakes,"  if that's the real problem.  Maybe a bike shop could help).  *** I'm finding myself both sarcastic and sympathetic here.  On the one hand, I sympathize with K trying to do her best in circumstances that are overwhelming.  On the other hand, we know she creates many of these circumstances herself.  Since I don't really know which of these constraints is real, and which are in her head, I keep flipping between sarcastic and sympathy.

• Upvote 8

Well, we all called that one - Kimi is going to homeschool Apple. "She's developmentally behind her peers, but not that much" - yeah, I'd say, you still have her wearing a swim diaper in the pool. Isn't Apple like 5 or 6? Does Apert Syndrome cause toileting issues? That poor kid will be playing with dolls until she's 20. Also it's super weird to me that she won't let Blossom play with the other girls because "it frustrates them" - maybe it frustrates Blossom more that she gets excluded? Kimi's parenting decisions are beyond me.

I wonder what happened to My Firefighter. He never appears in her blogs anymore. Maybe he got tired of the three-ring circus that is Kimi's house. Also every time I see Sissy, I just want to rescue her. The fear in her eyes is so strong.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1