IGNORED

John Shrader Part 12: Empty Baptismal, Empty Brains

FundieFarmer

13 hours ago, PopRox said:

Prayers for Esther. The poor woman is going to need them, with now TWELVE children  (counting the one she married). :-(

And the one she married is the biggest baby of all. Poor Esther! :( 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The others will hopefully grow up and have productive lives.  John, nope, never will grow up or be useful.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:48 PM, subsaharanafrica said:

From what I understand it's easier to get a residence visa in Zimbabwe than in Zambia*. It's just that far fewer people want to move there because of its economic issues.

* No idea if this also applies to missionaries. 

That's ok, Shrader doesn't know (or care) either. Just showing up with no documents worked the first time around, so why wouldn't it work again??

I know for normal people, 8-10 weeks would be kind of early to announce pregnancy, but I was actually surprised that they waited so long. Then I realized how John would enjoy making a cryptic, conspicuously anti-abortion mother's day post, and it all made sense.

Now all bow down before Rufus, to ask that NO Volcanoes erupt largely anywhere in the world before December. Esther's electrolytes must not be disturbed or have a second shock before newest blessing/arrow arrives.

Esther just turned 36.

If she keeps on having children into her 40's....hopefully they might go longer,but she still may end up with nearly as many as the Bates and Duggars.

56 minutes ago, melon said:

Esther just turned 36.

If she keeps on having children into her 40's....hopefully they might go longer,but she still may end up with nearly as many as the Bates and Duggars.

I sincerely hope she does not. He is a vacuous, inane idiot.  That would not be fair to Esther, the existing blessings, or any future blessings. 

Esther appears to have had an easy-ish birth with Isiah. I hope that continues with the blessing on the way. Then NO more. 

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Or he could go to Zimbabwe. I hear they're short one fundy preacher at the moment.

I think that's been disproven.  But John wouldn't do that anyway.  Way too much effort involved.

22 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I think that's been disproven.  But John wouldn't do that anyway.  Way too much effort involved.

Hard to believe but it's been picked up by several news outlets, and someone mentioned this kind of thing isn't all that uncommon in Zimbabwe. Pastors trying to create miracles that is.

Do we know what, if any, prenatal care Esther receives in Zambia? I can't imagine it's much, and I seriously doubt she's having ultrasounds. As she gets older, her chances of twins increases. I wonder if she would even know before delivery. 

39 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

Do we know what, if any, prenatal care Esther receives in Zambia? I can't imagine it's much, and I seriously doubt she's having ultrasounds. As she gets older, her chances of twins increases. I wonder if she would even know before delivery. 

I'm sure that ultrasounds and good OB/GYNs are available in Zambia (certainly in Lusaka and Kafue), but John doesn't like to spend money on another person's well-being, so...probably not.

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm sure that ultrasounds and good OB/GYNs are available in Zambia (certainly in Lusaka and Kafue), but John doesn't like to spend money on another person's well-being, so...probably not.

They've had ultrasounds to find the gender out ahead of time, at least in the states. I imagine they'd do the same in Zambia, but I can't recall whether or not they did. 

You wouldn't need to spend a lot of money on it. An ultrasound here is like $10 USD. 

And prenatal care should be pretty good. The reason for concern would be in an emergent situation requiring serious and/ or specialized care. 

2 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

You wouldn't need to spend a lot of money on it. An ultrasound here is like $10 USD. 

And prenatal care should be pretty good. The reason for concern would be in an emergent situation requiring serious and/ or specialized care. 

Okay, I'm jealous of that. Most providers I know of charge like $600+. *sigh*

16 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

She has a midwife. These posts were from just before and just after Stephen's birth.

Mrs. Phiri is their midwife, and John has been having long bible studies with her husband, who is a Baptist but has not been able to attend church after moving. They may also be working with an Australian woman named Jewl who has been working to open a medical center for preemies and special needs babies. Lastly, they have arranged to borrow the Taylors' vehicle if emergency transport becomes necessary.

They had a wonderful midwife in Sister Phiri (the second midwife Jewl couldn't be there because she was "down with malaria") combined with wonderful previous experience and a wonderful birth kit with a STETHOSCOPE and DOPPLER, so of course everything was fine!

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/20014-10-shraders-in-zambia-and-counting/?page=34#comment-776202

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/20776-shraders-in-zambia-welcome-to-poisonwood-stephen-part-3/?page=5#comment-785184

5 hours ago, Bethella said:

To me, it sounds like she has a midwife at the deliveries. I don't assume that she's receiving regular prenatal checkups.  I don't doubt that she could, but I doubt that she does.  

9 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

To me, it sounds like she has a midwife at the deliveries. I don't assume that she's receiving regular prenatal checkups.  I don't doubt that she could, but I doubt that she does.  

That would not surprise me in the least.

13 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Well, they have a STETHOSCOPE and a DOPPLER, so what more could you possibly need? 

I assume her prenatal care consists of watching her symptoms, discussing them with the midwife, and listening for a heartbeat. I don't know what they would do if they suspected any problems.

5 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

I don't know what they would do if they suspected any problems.

Pray, vitamins and colloidal silver. I wish I was making this shit up. :censored:

On 5/15/2017 at 1:45 PM, melon said:

Esther just turned 36.

And with no reality show. 

11 minutes ago, Howl said:

And with no reality show. 

Nobody would touch that with a ten-foot pole.

I hope.

Has John done anything interesting recently?
Im all Trumped out. Need some variety!

I wouldn't say interesting. He's behaving like his usual bumbling self, while having fasciculations between whining about being tested by Satan and how faithful the Lord is. His only consistently successful endeavor is impregnation of Esther. Then again she does all the work so it explains the success there [emoji74]

John has promised to post some encouraging news, but hasn't posted it yet. 

David Rea was either told or is reading here because he has made it so friends of friends can no longer see his posts. David wanting to hide everything he does isn't a very missionary like thing and I hope he remembers that. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived