IGNORED

Lori Alexander 19: Hating Birth Control, Consistency, and Logic

Now she's whining about women's retreats.  She went to lots of them and still treated Ken like shit!  Must be because there was something wrong with the retreats.  It's not like Lori would have been mean, bossy, and controlling no matter what.  :pb_rollseyes:

Wonder how long this comment will last:

The retreats I've attended were wonderful spiritual encounters, not only with other women from my church, but also with my God. I'm a little astonished at the idea that wanting to pursue a deeper spiritual connection with God could be construed as 'selfish', and taking away from my duties to my home and family. 

My husband was wonderfully supportive about my attending the retreats, and was also wonderful about caring for the children while I was away - which he of course should, he's their parent too -- and keeping the house straight, not because he was stooping to fill in for me, but because in our marriage we were and have always been equal partners, in love, and in caring for home, for our family, and for each other.

Lori can't stand mutual respect (too worldly, you know), so I am betting she'll either blast this woman or delete her all together.  

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope "Submissive" is trolling her.  Surely this can't be real.  Surely?

Calling our husbands lord…has such a deep meaning to it. Trusting our husband’s in everything. We as women should be covered from cradle to the grave. First from out father’s then our huabands. Calling my husband lord and beliving really has brought a change to my home. My daughter’s can look at me as a example so when they marry they can do the same thing. In reality it’s really a heart/control issue. To really submit is to recognize and call him lord, just as Sarah did.

Lori:

You are right; it is a heart issue and deciding to obey the Lord in everything instead of trying to control everything.

I agree.  Lori should call Ken lord.  Then she should make his breakfast instead of making "Youtubes" while he does it himself.  After all, it's a "heart/control" issue. :pb_rollseyes:

Lord have mercy, these people.... *sigh*

Oh, we're modeling our marriages on Abraham and Sarah now?  Are we also going to hire some attractive, young household staff for our husbands to sleep with?  You know, LIKE SARAH DID?

You know what?  Let's just skip a few steps and go straight into full Handmaid's Tale.  

2 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Oh, we're modeling our marriages on Abraham and Sarah now?  Are we also going to hire some attractive, young household staff for our husbands to sleep with?  You know, LIKE SARAH DID?

You know what?  Let's just skip a few steps and go straight into full Handmaid's Tale.  

Sarah was Abraham's half-sister. You know, in a relationship that would be illegal in all 50 states today.  (Gen. 20:12)

Definitely a troll. Fess up...who did it?

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumCurator said:

I think her standards of what makes a great mother are different from most of ours. She often repeats that she's succeeded because all of her children "walk in the light of truth." I don't think anything else matters to her (their parenting abilities, communication skills, eating habits, health, level of compassion), just the ability to brag that she's the perfect Christian mom with her perfect Christian kids.

She also insists she's a good mom because she took her kids to lessons and Awana and school and ... Lori, pretty much most moms and dads do those things. That's the bare minimum, the last time I checked. 

3 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

If anything, even after 17 fairly successful years, I still doubt myself and question that I'm doing right by mine.  Not in a self-depricating way exactly, just that I am not convinced that I'm the end-all/be-all to motherhood or domesticity.  I know I'm a good worker, but I also know I'm capable of mistakes and do indeed make them from time to time.  Her level of pride and arrogance just floors me.

Right. It's incomprehensible that she really thinks she has all the answers. And then goes on to bluster to the world that she is the perfect mother. Well, good luck with that, I suppose.

3 hours ago, polecat said:

She put her good cutting knives in the dishwasher after her husband asked her to knock it off because it was damaging the wooden handles (or maybe the blades? I can't remember), but she wouldn't. So when their dishwasher broke down, he just didn't buy a new one. This was perceived as punishment. Meh. Whatever. I don't even own a dishwasher, so I don't really see it as all that big of a deal -- responsible grown-up people don't destroy their own belongings OR punish their partners, so I think they were both behaving like idiots. But in the end, SSM got her brand-spanking-new dishwasher AND her knives.

Speaking of the bolded, wasn't it SSm's husband that threatened to spank her because she put knives in the dishwasher?

And Lori got all hot and bothered when SSM told her about it and said she'd like Ken to do that too?

So if I'm comprehending the end of the latest submission-related post correctly, husbands only ever coerce wives into doing bad things because the wife wasn't a good enough Christian? :brainbleach:

53 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Speaking of the bolded, wasn't it SSm's husband that threatened to spank her because she put knives in the dishwasher?

And Lori got all hot and bothered when SSM told her about it and said she'd like Ken to do that too?

It sure was! Oh, the stories I could tell about SSM ...

She has a new blog these days, but it's nowhere near as interesting. No lingerie pics, no inappropriate flirting, no ruined knives, no pervy leches. 

How does having a penis give a man great insight into spiritual and practical matters? Someone please tell me how the hell does a penis make someone a superior being. My parents were like that. My dad wouldn't even let my mom go to college when she wanted to. The comments on today's post are astounding and frightening. I hope there's a special place in hell for all of them. 

5 minutes ago, December said:

So if I'm comprehending the end of the latest submission-related post correctly, husbands only ever coerce wives into doing bad things because the wife wasn't a good enough Christian? :brainbleach:

Yep: because the Bible isn't really anything as complex as true scripture from a real God... it's a magic if/then flow chart. "If" you are in compliance with a certain checklist, "then" it becomes impossible for anything to go wrong.

This idea flows from belief in "inerrancy" of scripture. It's a bastardized belief that 'all reality is being accurately described' in the Bible, therefore no instructions can lead to unmentioned consequences, and no exceptions are possible. If any particular consequences or exceptions (or whatever) were truly possible, they'd be mentioned: because 'all reality is being accurately described'. Since this-or-that possibility isn't mentioned, God is obligated to "protect his word" by manipulating reality around people who are following the instructions to prevent that possibility. (Any such hypotheticals, much as they might "seem" to be within the realm of possibility, are therefore to be ignored as functionally impossible in the lives of instruction-followers.)

Under this logic, if something unexpected occurs, it isn't allowed to be a failure of the instructions or the 'promises' of the Bible (which are "inerrant") therefore 'it must have been' that the person wasn't actually following the instructions. Therefore: not a good enough Christian.

13 minutes ago, Pammy said:

Yep: because the Bible isn't really anything as complex as true scripture from a real God... it's a magic if/then flow chart. "If" you are in compliance with a certain checklist, "then" it becomes impossible for anything to go wrong.

This idea flows from belief in "inerrancy" of scripture. It's a bastardized belief that 'all reality is being accurately described' in the Bible, therefore no instructions can lead to unmentioned consequences, and no exceptions are possible. If any particular consequences or exceptions (or whatever) were truly possible, they'd be mentioned: because 'all reality is being accurately described'. Since this-or-that possibility isn't mentioned, God is obligated to "protect his word" by manipulating reality around people who are following the instructions to prevent that possibility. (Any such hypotheticals, much as they might "seem" to be within the realm of possibility, are therefore to be ignored as functionally impossible in the lives of instruction-followers.)

Under this logic, if something unexpected occurs, it isn't allowed to be a failure of the instructions or the 'promises' of the Bible (which are "inerrant") therefore 'it must have been' that the person wasn't actually following the instructions. Therefore: not a good enough Christian.

There's a little bit of prosperity/health & wealth gospel in there, too. If you follow the formula/rules and do everything right, you will automatically be happy and have everything you need/want and nothing bad will happen to you.

Lori's "if you just stay home the Lord will provide" advice to women who say they can't afford to quit working is prosperity gospel teaching, too. 

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Oh, Ken and Lori allude to things like that pretty frequently.

Ken Alexander:

He just wants to know you are trying, and that when the fight is over, you will come to him and snuggle up and whisper in his ear, "I am so sorry, I have been a very naughty girl. Will you forgive me?"

Lori Alexander:

My husband and I got a good laugh over it. He told me he would have given me 2 choices: a good spanking or no dishwasher. I told him I would take the spanking any day!

So, yeah...what was Lori saying about being modest and discrete?

14 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Seriously; I love this commenter SO MUCH!  

And her words will disappear in 5...4...3....

IMG_6506.PNG

It's already gone. You can't tell me she doesn't sit and watch the comments all day.

8 minutes ago, EowynW said:

You can't tell me she doesn't sit and watch the comments all day.

It's how she spends her days as an older, godly woman.  :pb_lol:  Really.  She pretty much says that in her "Youtube". 

Min 1:46 she explains that she's "available in the chatroom most of the time/majority of the day" to "monitor it".  Because other adults totally need her to monitor them.

I don't think she's much older than I am...she might have a couple of years on me...and she basically has chosen to curl up and die. 

Today...I got up early, enjoyed my coffee, did some work. Went to my PT appointment at 11, my work meeting at 1, came home, ate lunch, goofed off for an hour or two, then sat down to work some more. We have bible study at 7pm, home by 8:30 and I'll either waste time watching TV or work. 

Tomorrow, I go into the office from 9-3, finish up this project (for now), rewrite the submittal response, come home and start packing to move. Friday I have PT, a meeting and who the hell knows what else. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

It's how she spends her days as an older, godly woman.  :pb_lol:  Really.  She pretty much says that in her "Youtube". 

Min 1:46 she explains that she's "available in the chatroom most of the time/majority of the day" to "monitor it".  Because other adults totally need her to monitor them.

She looked rather too much like my mother as i was scrolling down.

shouldn't she be cleaning a house, doing laundry, ironing, cooking, baking, making clothes? Why the fuck is she sitting in front of a computer all fucking day when she's supposedly this "expert" wife and mother? 

Goddamn bitch...get a fucking life and shut the fuck up!

If that is the kitchen she sabotaged her counters for she got ripped off. *warning BEC moment* It has a very manufactured/basic kit feel to it. 

It just doesn't seem like the type of kitchen Lori would use Ken's wealth for.  

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

She has such an easy life. 

She can have it, every damn minute.  She can have the kitchen, the magic carpeting, the $70 denim skirts, the jackass husband, the delusions of superiority.  Because, in the grand scheme of things, they aren't worth diddly.

It's wonderful reading Julie Ann's reviews of  "The Transformed Wife" over on Spiritual Sounding Board.

20 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Because, in the grand scheme of things, they aren't worth diddly.

I'd rather have the crappy apartment, being sort of broke, thrift store clothes, the wonderful husband, the fun career, living in "sin city" and generally enjoying life. 

10 hours ago, Koala said:

Now she's whining about women's retreats.  She went to lots of them and still treated Ken like shit!  Must be because there was something wrong with the retreats.  It's not like Lori would have been mean, bossy, and controlling no matter what.  :pb_rollseyes:

Wonder how long this comment will last:

Lori can't stand mutual respect (too worldly, you know), so I am betting she'll either blast this woman or delete her all together.  

Mutual respect is one of those fleshly concepts that have no place in a godly marriage of Dom (headship) and Sub (Helpmeet)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived