Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, JMO said:

Josh was also re-brainwashed as part of his first Jesus jail stint. He said those things because he needed to. Both to convince others as and even more importantly to convince himself that he was reformed.  

I was watching a video this morning that said it had been uncovered that when he was a teenager he only went to live with a family friend for a while to help with their construction company, and the family had just acted like it was some kind of reformation centre! Not sure how true that is though.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's literally insane that they made Josh go to "Jesus rehab". He's a grown man for fucks sake. Yeah what he did (as an adult, I'm not addressing what he did as a teen) sucks, but it's his own right to decide to cheat or not. 

A Wegmans is planned to be opened in Brooklyn.  It is still in the building stage but everyone is excited that it is happening.

On 5/14/2017 at 3:34 PM, Coconut Flan said:

I'm missing something here.  Ratings are a measurement of viewing so how could viewers spike and the ratings not follow? 

As to the points about what would be nice if they would show, yes, wouldn't it be great if the Duggars would all change? That is not sarcastic.  It would be great, but I don't hold out a lot of hope.

My bad, I thought ratings had to do with quality of programming, not viewership. I guess I've been giving Dance Moms false hope. Whoops

I don't know if I'd go to Potomac Mills just to go to a grocery store, but then I avoid mega shopping centers on principle.

@subsaharanafrica. Thanks. We will have a car, so we'll be dropping by. Wolf boy might be stationed somewhere in the east. His wife has celiac, so she'll be thrilled to find Wegmans, even if she has to drive for miles.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

@subsaharanafrica. Thanks. We will have a car, so we'll be dropping by. Wolf boy might be stationed somewhere in the east. His wife has celiac, so she'll be thrilled to find Wegmans, even if she has to drive for miles.

You can "google" it but i remember one in Fairfax near Fair Oaks Mall and another close to Sterling VA. In Arlington there is a Whole Foods. 

17 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

You can "google" it but i remember one in Fairfax near Fair Oaks Mall and another close to Sterling VA. In Arlington there is a Whole Foods. 

OOopss...well, there is a gigantic Whole Foods also near Fair Oaks and somewhat near the Wegmans. Didn't mean to quote myself meant to edit. Oh well. 

I'm glad I'm among people who'd understand that the highlight of my weekend was finding out there's a Wegmans 20 minutes from my house :pb_lol:

There are two Wegmans in the Richmond, VA area. Both aren't all that close to me. One is about 30 miles away and the other is about 40 miles away. 

I do love shopping there for treats when I am in the area. 

If they wanted to make them interesting show the family starting a business. They could even donate the proceeds to missions. They could raise sheep, spin yarn and knit items to donate (hats for the local NICU). They could garden and donate excess to their local food bank (improving their own diet at the same time). They could sew dresses and donate them. The boys could get actual training and then use mechanical skills to help the less fortunate maintain their vehicles or certify in trades and show them working on Habitat for Humanity or some equivalent idea.

I've never worked in TV but I could make them more interesting than TLC does and make them useful, lol.

8 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

It's literally insane that they made Josh go to "Jesus rehab". He's a grown man for fucks sake. Yeah what he did (as an adult, I'm not addressing what he did as a teen) sucks, but it's his own right to decide to cheat or not. 

Do you think Anna ever wonders if Josh only stopped cheating (or attempting to cheat) because he got caught?

11 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Will you have a car? There is one at Potomac Mills. 

There is one in Alexandria and one in Fairfax.

42 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Do you think Anna ever wonders if Josh only stopped cheating (or attempting to cheat) because he got caught?

She has to, surely. When the M kids are asleep and she has some quiet time. I hope she has a hobby to give herself something to do, to keep her mind occupied when she is alone and quiet. 

Do they still live in the TTH? I've lost track.

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

There is one in Alexandria and one in Fairfax.

There's also a Wegmans in Gainesville, VA, not far from the new Cabela's. Cue Cabela's thread drift.

My personal pet theory just now is that grandma shifting to her cabin in the garden seems interesting at this junction. I can't help wondering if JB and meechelle aren't pulling the same move as my ex in-laws did and moving them into the granex so as to easier 'help with the children' (for which read control and stifle the life out of the D-I-L.

55 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

There's also a Wegmans in Gainesville, VA, not far from the new Cabela's. Cue Cabela's thread drift.

Don't know about Cabela's, but I'm up for an Anita's thread drift. Closest place we have for New Mexican food this side of the Mississippi.

Any other Publix fans? Publix and Wegman's tied for first, and best Trader Joe's for America's favorite grocery store! I live in Colorado now and miss pub subs so much!

I really like Trader Joe's. Their coffee ice cream is the best, and they have the cheapest organic milk. I wish the stores were bigger, and had more bulk food. It was great when it was just my husband and me, but I just get certain things from there now that I have 2 kids. Sprouts is my favorite grocery store here on the west coast. I LOVED Fresh & Easy, but then it bit the dust. I still get sad whenever I pass an empty one. 

WinCo...IS THE SHIT! They're even cheaper than the 99cent store in many things. I do my big stock up shopping there and Trader Joe's for the stuff we like from there (cheesecake). There's only 2 here, one in Henderson and one in NLV. They need one more to make it easier here in the valley. But...they have bulk organics, great prices, incredible variety! 

11 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

WinCo...IS THE SHIT! They're even cheaper than the 99cent store in many things. I do my big stock up shopping there and Trader Joe's for the stuff we like from there (cheesecake). There's only 2 here, one in Henderson and one in NLV. They need one more to make it easier here in the valley. But...they have bulk organics, great prices, incredible variety! 

I loved going to WinCo when I lived in Vegas! 

Publix has amazing cookies, faves are sugar and peanut butter. Miss having them up here in the Midwest. 

We hit the local markets as much as possible, hubby grows his own herbs, and then we hit Trader Joe's for Mocha Joe-Joe's (coffee Oreos!! SO tasty!!)

Thankful for thread drift, it makes waiting time in the emergency room less boring. (New rescue cat attacked me, bit hard enough to do some damage and require shots and antibiotics)

Winco is my favorite, cheaper even than Walmart. I also loved Fresh n Easy and miss them. They opened a crapload of them around here and then they all went out of business. I loved a lot of their premade food.

Fresh N Easy was my main source of store bought coconut flan. I was very displeased when they were all closed. 

I love Publix and that was a big loss when we left Florida.  Winco is too far away to suit me.

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived