Coconut Flan

Agreed. That's why I'm curious as to where the rest went. - could be the more reputable ones caught themselves in a check and took down? Whatever's gone on the timing is interesting.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Agreed. That's why I'm curious as to where the rest went. - could be the more reputable ones caught themselves in a check and took down? Whatever's gone on the timing is interesting.

More reputable sources would be the Duggars' own website, social media accounts, or TLC (obviously), People, maybe Us Weekly, or some kind of Christian publication that the Duggars have chosen to give a direct interview to, like the girls did a couple months back (I can't remember the name of the magazine now, sorry). Lily and Ellie's Duggar Family Blog is usually pretty on the ball, too.

When you google 'Duggar news' the vast majority of what you're getting is tabloid junk. They make up stories out of thin air to get clicks. Unless they're quoting from one of the reliable sources, or they have actual evidence (say, police reports) to back up their claims, you can safely ignore whatever it is they're pushing this particular week. My guess would be that what you were seeing was a bunch of gossip sites repeating each other, and you can't find a lot of it now because they've moved onto some more titillating rumour, like John-David being pregnant with triplets.

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

My guess would be that what you were seeing was a bunch of gossip sites repeating each other, and you can't find a lot of it now because they've moved onto some more titillating rumour, like John-David being pregnant with triplets.

... I heard it was actually quintuplets. One is white, one black, one Asian, the fourth is Hispanic (and secretly Catholic), and the fifth is a dog named Jasper. No one knows who the father/mother is, but I heard a family insider claim something about an immaculate conception. 

And did you hear about Jana? She's joined a biker gang, does shots of whiskey, and runs a risqué bar out of the family's warehouse (waitresses are required to wear knee-baring skirts or Bermuda shorts, paired with defrauding v-neck shirts. Scandalous!!!!)

If only the part about Jana was true. I'd totally have a few rounds of Whiskey with her in that bar.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And did you hear about Jana? She's joined a biker gang, does shots of whiskey, and runs a risqué bar out of the family's warehouse (waitresses are required to wear knee-baring skirts or Bermuda shorts, paired with defrauding v-neck shirts. Scandalous!!!!)

And don't forget the tattoo parlor she runs...

I can totally see TLC releasing the webisode and testing how the audience reacts. They might have filmed him but are going to cut it out if the outrage is too strong.

On 5/11/2017 at 9:20 AM, SuhrEnity said:

If TLC brought him back even for a fraction of a second they'd be screwing themselves over. But then again this is TLC and I truly put nothing past them most days.

If they think it will increase ratings, they'll bring him back.  

And the more they lose viewers to their very stale formula of courtships, weddings and babies, the more likely we'll be seeing Josh's fat ugly face.

There are still humpers that "forgive" Joshly, but I dont think that means they want to hear his smarmy ass speak or pretend that all is well.  He's gross, what he did is gross, and he will never not be gross.  The thought of TLC paying him is repulsive.  I just cant see even the most extreme Duggar fan wanting to see him or even hear his "redemption" story.

Sorry, not sorry.  I dont want to see a molesting philanderer succeed and I cant believe that I would be in the minority position.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

There are still humpers that "forgive" Joshly, but I dont think that means they want to hear his smarmy ass speak or pretend that all is well.

I've seen so many of them on the Duggar pages say how much they miss Josh and wish the whole family could still be involved because they miss them all

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I just cant see even the most extreme Duggar fan wanting to see him or even hear his "redemption" story.

Oh I can TOTALLY see it. They have some seriously whackadoodle followers. Like a little bit scary. 

I think I think I want them to just unveil Josh already, but then the reality may be that I actually don't. If I see clips of Josh prior to scandal I viscerally react with a big no.

However, there's another part of me who just wants them to go ahead and pull the sheet off the big elephant and parade him on the porch. We know he's present, taking up all the air and making us all uncomfortable while you pretend he isn't there. Just let's just untether him from the corner already and let this "reality" be real. Also, I'd like him to have to answer for himself and not hide behind his siblings, wife, and parents. Come on out here and face us, Josh. 

I'm ok with letting Josh out but only if they bring back all the kids and get rid of the script. I want to see how the kids eat,  how schools going now without the older girls, and how often the little kids sleep on the couch.  Show me what's real.  What does Jana really think of her family? Why can't Josiah be true to himself and make videos? 

Just now, Pasta said:

I'm ok with letting Josh out but only if they bring back all the kids and get rid of the script. I want to see how the kids eat,  how schools going now without the older girls, and how often the little kids sleep on the couch.  Show me what's real.  What does Jana really think of her family? Why can't Josiah be true to himself and make videos? 

Yes, this. All of this. Stop trying so hard to script and control and just let the freak flag fly. 

On 5/10/2017 at 7:37 PM, nst said:

I am horrible with geography - but I think i am in the west coast ie vancouver :D

LOL, for some reason I thought you were in Toronto! My bad. 

But you still look at the TLC site, which is more that 99.9% of us here do. :D

20 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

...hence the spontaneous tattoo parlour purchase. It all makes sense now ;)

On an offbeat note, there's a pic of Josie wearing a Paw Patrol shirt. Sadly I doubt she even knows what Paw Patrol is.

On 5/12/2017 at 6:23 AM, VelociRapture said:

And did you hear about Jana? She's joined a biker gang, does shots of whiskey, and runs a risqué bar out of the family's warehouse

Now we know what she did with the piece of real estate she was going to rehab.  Biker bar.  Makes perfect sense.

Daycare available in the back.

The ad I had to watch before the promo was for Woodford Reserve bourbon. 

25 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

On an offbeat note, there's a pic of Josie wearing a Paw Patrol shirt. Sadly I doubt she even knows what Paw Patrol is.

She's also holding a little dog that she dressed up. Come on Duggars (and Dullards), back away from the animals! 

9 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

If I recall, the youngest Bates boy has been shown numerous times wearing/talking about Paw Patrol.

Having not seen it, maybe it's an IBLP approved children's show, or at least, approved within their circle of friends.

Or maybe Josie and the Bates boy are being set up to announce their courtship the day the youngest turns 18. The precious youngest children that got away with everything and love Paw patrol. I don't see why it can't work!

If the Duggar shows are slipping in ratings, it would be in VERY poor form to reintroduce Josh. While there does seem to be a select set of viewers who want everybody back together, I think the casual viewer would not want to see him. I previously worked with the marketing folks at my old job and they would delete the posts that were just unnecessary and nasty (versus constructive criticism), so I have no doubt that the Duggars doctor their own comment feed on Facebook to misrepresent the "yay Josh come back!" crowd. Even a groveling apology moment would make a spike in viewership, but not in ratings. I only tuned in to see Anna come back to learn about her decision regarding the state of her marriage with Josh (and was disappointed, shocker). 

What I would want to see, not as a viewer, but as a person who knows about this family.

1. A child either going to college or pursuing an actual job with benefits. I work at a hospital and the number of respectable jobs that require only a high school diploma are plentiful. Patient services, medical secretary, etc. Even more only require a 2-year degree, radiography tech and med tech, nursing. There's no reason for adult members of this family to stay at home without pursuing SOMETHING

2. Legitimate service trips. The Dillards aren't doing a damn thing in central America. Learn the native language. And I'm sorry, if I'm starving and unsafe, telling me to embrace the Lord isn't super compelling. Work on resource scarcity. Hold a resource drive, bridge food shortages, build something, practice midwifery in an underprivileged area. SHOW ME THAT YOU'RE HELPING. Shoot, my dentist does a clinic once a day in his hometown (not the nicest city in the area) to help teach basic dental habits. No reason they can't tag along and do something similar

3. A healthy marriage/relationship history. Have some life experience under their belts before settling down. Or at least enjoy life and growing as a couple and individuals before the babies come along. Many other posters have mentioned how the Duggars' relationships remind them of middle/high school first crushes and puppy love. Go on a date, learn about your own needs in a relationship (ie, lots of sex v lots of babies). Even if you marry your first boyfriend/girlfriend (no shame in that) at least know yourself as a person and know each other in a realistic context.

Note that none of this requires abandoning their religious beliefs or a relationship with God. My religious friends exemplify all of the above while being church-going, God-fearing, conservative, pro-life, fill-in-the-blank for what is typically in line with Christian values. I don't expect them to flip the switch and become liberal feminist atheists with Phds.  

I also wouldn't expect the show to last if this happened. Like I said in another post, normal life doesn't make good TV. But if a healthy, realistic life leads to an absence of show, then great. Let them lead their happy, well-adjusted lives for their own enjoyment. But Jim Bob will never let than happen because this show is the baby he actually cares about

Just checking - still no date for the fourth season premiere? 

1 minute ago, picklepizzas said:

Just checking - still no date for the fourth season premiere? 

June 12 @9pm.

27 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

Even a groveling apology moment would make a spike in viewership, but not in ratings.

I'm missing something here.  Ratings are a measurement of viewing so how could viewers spike and the ratings not follow? 

As to the points about what would be nice if they would show, yes, wouldn't it be great if the Duggars would all change? That is not sarcastic.  It would be great, but I don't hold out a lot of hope.

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived