IGNORED

This season how many times will we hear "season of life"

homeschoolmomma1

I'm sick to DEATH of hearing about courtship and how it's so superior to dating. I haven't watched an episode of 19 Kids ever since last season when we got the privilege of watching that informative panel where the 4 J'slaves enlightened all of us on why the way they do it is better. It made me realize just how indoctrinated they all are, because they seemed so sincere with it. Even our namesake, Jinger, has obviously drank the whooole pitcher of Kool-Aid. I really have no hope for those older girls now. Plus their self-righteous delivery of their beliefs just makes me want to vomit. So that's what I'm sick of.

"Hey, guys!"

"I PUR-pus to do xyz..."

"I was convicted..." makes me snigger every time

I stopped watching this show years ago, and I can still hear JB and Michelle's voices...ugh...

I was introduced to the phrase "season of life" by the Gentle Christian Mothers as a counterpoint to child training systems that fundamentalists frequently embrace. The child training systems teach that you must not ever let your children interrupt your previously scheduled time with your spouse or your marriage will break. No, say the Gentle Christian Mothers, frequent interruptions are part of a season of life that will pass. The systems teach that babies who cry in the night are plotting to overthrow their parents' authority. No, say the Gentle Christian Mothers, it's natural to the season of babyhood to cry in the night; attend to it and it will pass. And so forth.

-"aaaaaand" "uuuummm"

-"EYE-talian"

Oh and the over usage of the word "good" when they should use "well" for certain things they say.

Also, just Michelle's babyish voice.

Anna actually said "season of life" tonight when she was talking about Michael and now having 2 kids, ect. She said somthing like "this is a new season of life for us". I was like WTF? She's been drinking way too much of Michelle's koolaide lately ugh !!!

Thank you, Michelle. Here is another phrase that I cannot use in good faith. I actually have used 'season of life', 'blessing', 'servant's heart' and such. Once the fundies appropriate them, I can't even say them with a straight face.

I am ultra sick of the following: "Season of Life"

"special"

"we accept...."

"we don't judge anyone else"

"heart"

"sweet"

and of course anything that comes out of Josh or Josiegirl's mouth.

Here are my annoyances...

precious

blessing

thrilled (when a new pregnancy is announced)

pieces of your heart

JB's lame introductions for the activity of the episode ("kids, today, we are going to the zoo! blah, blah, blah. It is so important that our kids learn about blah, blah, blah)

We should totally develop a drinking game out of this. We can pick a word, and anytime that word is said, we take a drink. I'd wager that if we pick any of these or other posters' words, most of us would be plastered by the second commercial.

"Little ones"

It never really bothered me until last season when they played Jill's 911 called re: Josie. When she said "We have a little one who's..." I wanted to yell at the TV "Baby, child, toddler!" All of those are far more descriptive than "little one."

I hate "Fellowshippin'" "Blessing" "Countenance" "Conviction" "Accountability" "Help-Meet" oh and Anna Duggar's favourite phrase "....Aaannnd thennn..." Ugh.

Anna actually said "season of life" tonight when she was talking about Michael and now having 2 kids, ect. She said somthing like "this is a new season of life for us". I was like WTF? She's been drinking way too much of Michelle's koolaide lately ugh !!!

I've always thought she was trying to be a Michelle clone. There are several clips where she's quoting Michelle (two that come to mind: Buy used, save the difference, when they're out shopping for baby clothes with Amy and Susanna. The other, I think is from an episode where they visit the Bates when she was pregnant with Mackynzie and she says "I know that labor is labor and it's very hard work..." Direct words from Michelle), when they go to the used baby items sale she and Michelle are dressed exactly the same. HECK, they have the same OB for pete's sake!

I've always thought she was trying to be a Michelle clone. There are several clips where she's quoting Michelle (two that come to mind: Buy used, save the difference, when they're out shopping for baby clothes with Amy and Susanna. The other, I think is from an episode where they visit the Bates when she was pregnant with Mackynzie and she says "I know that labor is labor and it's very hard work..." Direct words from Michelle), when they go to the used baby items sale she and Michelle are dressed exactly the same. HECK, they have the same OB for pete's sake!

I agree with you 100%- Joshie and Anna are trying to be clones of JimBlob and Mullet. I think the reason for this is because they don't know how to think independently and seem to blindly follow his parents' example.

Precious

Sweet

Buy Used Save the Difference

Defraud

Purity

However you want to say it: "Save yourself for marriage"

Piece of your heart

"Our homeschool group" (as opposed to the near-cult we belong to)

Hire it done

rent house

Good for well

on and on and on and on

Archived