IGNORED

Better Call Saul

nomoxian

Anyone else watch Better Call Saul?

I'm usually not into spin-offs or prequels, but I like this show a lot more than Breaking Bad. While I was interested enough in the storyline of B.B. to watch it at the end, I wasn't really engaged with it the same way I am with B.C.S. If it weren't for me having to work early-ish on Mondays, I would stay up to watch it (I live in Europe, so it's really late/early when it gets put online) Unlike other shows I was into from the beginning, like Big Bang Theory, B.C.S. seems to get better with time.

Jimmy really is a character I have grown to love over time. As for his brother, I did feel sympathy towards him at first, but now I'm really hoping he gets screwed over hard 

Spoiler

Maybe a trip to the psych ward where he is determined unfit to care for himself? Destined to live in agony with lights and television blaring in the day lounge. Not able to work. And most importantly, having the case against Jimmy deemed invalid... Yes; I am evil :)

Yes, I'm watching it!  I loved BB and it's fascinating to see events unfold in the past, as it were.  I love Jimmy too, and Chuck is an asshole.  They are managing to keep Jimmy's character believable when compared with BB, yet he is a much more sympathetic character now. The acting, writing and direction is fantastic. I can't wait to see how they will deal with it if/when the storyline catches up to the beginning of Breaking Bad. 

I hope when that happens, they choose to continue the series. There's a lot that can happen with Jimmy without there being much crossover into the BB world, since he was a side character in that series.

I tried to watch it but I'm not as captivated by it as I was Breaking Bad. 

Watching it too.

Loved BB and BCS is very good too.

I am very curious to see what becomes of Kim Wexler (I have a bit of a girl crush on her) as she wasn't in Jimmy's (Saul's) life during the BB years.

It's hard to believe the actor who plays Jimmy's brother played Lenny on Laverne and Shirley many years ago.  He's so good in this role, what a good actor.

21 hours ago, kpmom said:

I am very curious to see what becomes of Kim Wexler (I have a bit of a girl crush on her) as she wasn't in Jimmy's (Saul's) life during the BB years.

She seems too "go get-er" for this theory to be even remotely potentially canon, but I think it would be nice if she went with Saul when he moved and became an employee at Cinnabon (I never knew this before reading the Wiki, but those black and white shots were actually showing what happened to him in the future) and ended up having a nice, quiet life with him.

I never would have thought he would be chosen for a spin off, but maybe the lack of character in BB made that a possibility. More creative ability to make a character and world around him. Perhaps he was dating her or whatever during the BB times?

Watched the first two episodes last week.  The pilot kind of dragged but it got better.  I don't know if I really like it, but feel I have to watch because Albuquerque is near and dear to my heart.  

On 5/6/2017 at 4:05 PM, nomoxian said:

She seems too "go get-er" for this theory to be even remotely potentially canon, but I think it would be nice if she went with Saul when he moved and became an employee at Cinnabon (I never knew this before reading the Wiki, but those black and white shots were actually showing what happened to him in the future) and ended up having a nice, quiet life with him.

I never would have thought he would be chosen for a spin off, but maybe the lack of character in BB made that a possibility. More creative ability to make a character and world around him. Perhaps he was dating her or whatever during the BB times?

You know that's a good point. I don't recall them showing Jimmy's (Saul's) private life in BB, did they?  So, maybe it will turn out they were together that whole time.

I like your idea of them getting together wherever he lives now too.  Maybe that's how they'll end the show.  Not any time soon though, I hope.

Archived