IGNORED

JinJer: Now with Social Media

Destiny

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

Not a skort fan. Give me a skirt or shorts but I don't need both.

I don't buy the whole six months of privacy thing. No doubt TLC was filming much of it for next season. Jeremy doesn't seem to want the quiet private life. If he did, he wouldn't post videos on the internet or have married someone he knows will be on a crappy cable show with her famewhoring family. Jinger will do whatever Jeremy wants so she is going to continue to film as a godly perfect wife. 

The question is- if filming has been done this whole time, will the pants wearing be brought up, or will she pull a Whitney Bates and act like she still only wears skirts on TV?

And I agree with you- they were keeping mum for their show. The show is not interesting, for once TLC needs material that others don't already know about ahead of time. The Duggars may not be the best with social media, but they sure know how to get them some clicks and ratings. $$$

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

The question is- if filming has been done this whole time, will the pants wearing be brought up, or will she pull a Whitney Bates and act like she still only wears skirts on TV?

I thought someone mentioned that their friend saw them and they were being filmed during that trip.  I hope she wears whatever she wants.  She may not wear pants around JB&M but maybe that won't extend to all of filming.  If she does wear pants on film then I'm sure she'll be asked about that by the producers.

16 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I thought someone mentioned that their friend saw them and they were being filmed during that trip.  I hope she wears whatever she wants.  She may not wear pants around JB&M but maybe that won't extend to all of filming.  If she does wear pants on film then I'm sure she'll be asked about that by the producers.

It'll be interesting to hear her response, that's for sure. Makes me wonder if any of the other married girls will be seen in pants as everyday wear now that Jinger has tested the waters.

And I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall when JB & Michelle saw/or heard that Jinger had decided to wear pants.  (it's borderline fanfic now haha!)

I'll bet Michelle did that gritting-her-teeth smile she does, and then looked over at JB, grabbed his hand and said "well, Daddy, what do we think of this?" And then JB probably went over the intercom "Kids, come down here real quick. Momma and I wanna talk to y'all real quick" then they sit on the couch, one by one, wondering what the heck is going on. There are whispers, there are guilty looks exchanged between some kids, curious to see if any mischief had been busted. The JB lets the cat out of he bag "uhhh, well guys, Momma and I uh, just had a quick call from Jinger over in Laredo and well, uh, the Lord has laid it on Jeremy's heart that its ok for Jinger to wear pants". Kids are shooting glances, some are heard uttering things like "what the fuck?" and then Josie pipes up and says "Daddy, has the Lord laid it on your heart so I can wear pants so that I am able to run and play on counters without restriction?" Michelle grits her teeth again, and is looking at JB waiting for his reaction, she's holding his hand so tightly it's turning white from lack of circulation. "uhh, well, Josie, we don't want people to confuse y'all for a boy so you're gonna have to hold off on wearing pants for a long while yet".

THE END.

8 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

It'll be interesting to hear her response, that's for sure. Makes me wonder if any of the other married girls will be seen in pants as everyday wear now that Jinger has tested the waters.

And I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall when JB & Michelle saw/or heard that Jinger had decided to wear pants.  (it's borderline fanfic now haha!)

I'll bet Michelle did that gritting-her-teeth smile she does, and then looked over at JB, grabbed his hand and said "well, Daddy, what do we think of this?" And then JB probably went over the intercom "Kids, come down here real quick. Momma and I wanna talk to y'all real quick" then they sit on the couch, one by one, wondering what the heck is going on. There are whispers, there are guilty looks exchanged between some kids, curious to see if any mischief had been busted. The JB lets the cat out of he bag "uhhh, well guys, Momma and I uh, just had a quick call from Jinger over in Laredo and well, uh, the Lord has laid it on Jeremy's heart that its ok for Jinger to wear pants". Kids are shooting glances, some are heard uttering things like "what the fuck?" and then Josie pipes up and says "Daddy, has the Lord laid it on your heart so I can wear pants so that I am able to run and play on counters without restriction?" Michelle grits her teeth again, and is looking at JB waiting for his reaction, she's holding his hand so tightly it's turning white from lack of circulation. "uhh, well, Josie, we don't want people to confuse y'all for a boy so you're gonna have to hold off on wearing pants for a long while yet".

THE END.

Can we be best friends? Because this is literally the best thing ever and I pictured it so realistically down to their outfits inclusive of Michellle's boat shoes

Back to skorts! You can REALLY do everything in skorts (like the Duggars tell us, we could do "everything" in skirts, haha). You can sit in tailor-seat or cross-legged and you could do ebil Yoga in a skort! I know I could do that in a mini skirt if I ever had the guts to do it, but my hello Kitty underwear likes to be private ...

28 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

Back to skorts! You can REALLY do everything in skorts (like the Duggars tell us, we could do "everything" in skirts, haha). You can sit in tailor-seat or cross-legged and you could do ebil Yoga in a skort! I know I could do that in a mini skirt if I ever had the guts to do it, but my hello Kitty underwear likes to be private ...

hell-kitty-washcloths.jpg

Just had to...

Did everyone else read @actuallyjessica comment in JB and Michelle's voices??????

@actuallyjessica that made my day! Hahaha

A week or two ago, Jessa replied to a comment on Instagram saying that Jinger didn't have an instagram account. There were a number of bogus accounts for Jinger, but one in particular, @jingernicolevuolo,  claimed to be her "official" account, and had over 100,000 followers who seemed to believe it was Jinger. Instagram doesn't seem to act on reports anymore, so I'm wondering if being aware of that account may have motivated Jinger to get instagram. I wouldn't want someone impersonating me on social media.

I went on Jinger's IG and warned her about jingernicolevuolo impersonating her. I get pleasure watching asswipes like that getting shut down. We'll see what IG does. She's up to 321k followers. 

6 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I went on Jinger's IG and warned her about jingernicolevuolo impersonating her. I get pleasure watching asswipes like that getting shut down. We'll see what IG does. She's up to 321k followers. 

The impersonator blocked a bunch of us for calling her out in the past, so I'm glad she is finally outed.

Ginger (spellcheck wants it that way) looks cute in everything she wears, including pants.

In SDA school in the 60s/70s girls had to wear dresses or skirts.  We were expected to play rough and tumble games with the boys... in skirts.  It was so stupid.  We played a game (was it dodgeball? )  where one kid had to grab another kid by the hand and run with them to a 'safe' area.  One of the big boys in my class grabbed me by the hand and I struggled to keep up with him.  I tripped on a concrete curb, my unprotected knee was a bloody mess and I had to get stitches in my forehead.

Later on pants were allowed if worn under a skirt.  I wore that wackadoodle outfit every day for the rest of my SDA school career.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I can't stand people making fake instagrams for people in the public eye, a few weeks ago Jamie Lyn Spears posted on her instagram warning people not to follow the page someone had made pretending to be her daughter, Maddie. Pretending to be a child on social media is really creepy.

Always amazes me that the JB and J'chelle had FOUR YEARS to themselves before Josh; and yet they can't seem to allow their children that same time to establish coupledom.

18 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

Always amazes me that the JB and J'chelle had FOUR YEARS to themselves before Josh; and yet they can't seem to allow their children that same time to establish coupledom.

Well, they did get Josh. Unfortunately the people who were punished for his existence were not the parents. 

13 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Chickenettiluvr, I've never heard of skorts. What a good idea! Smart skirts for summer/work etc with no thigh rub! 

Genius. 

Thankyou for the pics.

I love skorts. You'll find them everywhere -- Eddie Bauer, etc.  On the outside they look like cute mini-skirts, but feel like comfy shorts.  Especially when they have stretch. Like Athleta's or other companies that make women's athletic clothing.

I agree  that Jeremy and Jinger just wanted 6 months of privacy.  Now they're out and about and social media is fun, so why not?  I don't even think it's a TLC requirement, but it might be.  I think they just decided they had their six months, now we'll join in with the rest the family.  They do look happy.

Whenever I hear the word Skort. I think of my favorite cartoon Daria. Their was an episode in the first season where the Fashion Club wanted to make someone over and get them a Skort. The one character said "is it a skirt or shorts I just love that". 

People will make Instagram accounts for anyone seemingly.

A couple of months ago I was finally told that really, for work purposes, I NEED to be on Instagram and I am typically nowhere in the public eye on a day to day basis.

Imagine my shock when I went on to sign up and found that my email address and name were already being used. I'd have sworn I never had an account, as I've never had the technology, but I figured perhaps I signed up and forgot so I reset the password.
Within minutes, that password wasn't working  and the timestamp indicated that someone who was not me had changed it. 

Mr MIO went on and looked for my name.  Fortunately whoever it was had only put up relatively harmless stuff - if you saw it before I got control back, you'd think I've travelled extensively in India (I haven't) and that I'm a chocoholic (It's rare I feel like anything sweet IAH).

I flagged it and Instagram were very supportive.  They immediately asked for a number where I could receive a text in the next 10 mins, then texted me an alphanumeric code and only unlocked the account again when they received an email of a photo of me, my passport, a second proof of ID and the code written out by hand. I was really impressed with how thorough they were.

Back to skorts. I used to love them, short, sexy, and didn't show your underwear. Alas, at approaching 70, they'd look ridiculous and I'd have to wear hose. That's why there is only one dress in my closet, suitable for weddings, funerals, etc. I hate pantyhose (tights) especially in the summer.

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Did everyone else read @actuallyjessica comment in JB and Michelle's voices??????

Perfectly. omfg. 

Perfectly. omfg. 

I'm not sure what that says about me, or what it says about them! Haha!

43 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

I'm not sure what that says about me, or what it says about them! Haha!

It says that you're da bomb dot com

You're all convincing me to give skorts another shot over the summer. I haven't worn one since I was a kid.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Alas, at approaching 70, they'd look ridiculous and I'd have to wear hose

Why? 

So at first I was really confused about this "skort" conversation, as the "skorts" from my youth were something different. They were uncomfortable shorts with a panel in front to make it look like a skirt. The worst of both words. You could still see the shorts in back but the front was flat. Pointless and not comfortable. But the skorts (which is a stupid name, btw) at Athleta look pretty comfy. I think I'd prefer to just put my own shorts under the skirt, but maybe not? I do love my running shorts with the attached "undies" so maybe they could do something like that? I have no idea what the shorts are like under the skirt portion, because their online mobile site doesn't show that portion of the garment. 

I love this thread drift about skorts. I haven't worn them but I have seen them because I bought some for a friend of mine. She loves them as she says in the summer she can now where a skirt without having here legs stick together. So I see anyone who is doubt try them and if they don't like it return them ;)

I haven't worn a skort since I was a kid, but I'm not above wearing spandex shorts under my skirts when it's windy. I've done so ever since the wind caught me at one point and a random behind me said "I saw cheek!"

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived