IGNORED

Seewalds 22 - Funerals and Embryo Cake

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@ViolaSebastian,  OMG!  That poor Wildcat!  

@Carm_88,  M'Lynn remarks at Truvy's that the cake has gray icing and she doesn't know how somebody would make gray icing.  I don't think it would be hard.  Somebody just needs to fool around with food coloring more.  Wilton may even sell gray food coloring for all I know.  I'm not going to check though.

They probably do. I've made grey icing with the black gel color. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this epic wedding cake somewhere online while helping a friend plan her wedding. It was a pair of dragons snuggling on a rock and the whole thing was cake, so it should be possibile.

He's cute, but his behavior is rather gross, slurping from the table's salsa bowl in a restaurant-

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

He's cute, but his behavior is rather gross, slurping from the table's salsa bowl in a restaurant-

he slides across the table at home :D 

just like his Aunt Josie 

so manners smanners 

Now we're criticizing the table manners of 1-year-olds? Mmmkay.

I actually don't think we need to criticize Jessa and Ben for allowing their toddler to drink out of a little salsa dish in a restaurant. But maybe that's just me.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I actually don't think we need to criticize Jessa and Ben for allowing their toddler to drink out of a little salsa dish in a restaurant. But maybe that's just me.

I agree. Spurgeon is a step above a baby. He's going to do things like that. If he's still doing it at 6 or 7, yeah then criticize them. Let him be a toddler. 

Dude he's a baby. That video was cute as hell and if it that had been my kid I'd have posted the same video. Are we really going to expect a 2 year old to have exemplary manners? Come on man. He's having fun exploring his food and his parents are having fun watching him explore.

Different strokes for different folks. Saying that, maybe it was his own salsa bowl and not the table's bowl meant to be shared.

I didn't think it was poor manners at all. All I could think about is how awful the heartburn would be if I drank straight-up salsa. Oh to be a kid again.

14 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I think Spurgeon likes salsa! :P 

He is so stinking cute!  Mmm salsa...

I won't judge Ben and Jessa for letting Spurgeon drink salsa, because it shows the kid has a more diverse palate than most Duggar kids. BUT... I will  judge them for not venturing out and eating something other than Mexican food or TexMex once in awhile when they go out to eat. I know they're not the most adventurous eaters, so we won't see them eating spinach saag, naan, or pad thai anytime soon, but don't Ben and Jessa ever want pizza, burgers, or buffalo wings?

Although, on the flip side, when I was younger and had less disposable income, sometimes it was hard to get myself motivated to try new restaurants in case I didn't like them, because then it felt like I had wasted the money trying something new when I could have bought food I knew I liked and gotten a better value. Maybe its something like that with them, but it does seem like they're always eating out at places with similar kinds of food (i.e. Mexican and TexMex.)

On 5/7/2017 at 10:21 PM, Carm_88 said:

The armadillo cake from Steel Magnolias. :P Bad cakes shall forever remind me of that!

834d4a7f7ec4f6c84c61c93ea6991521.jpg

Always and forever. Every time I hear grooms cake or weird cakes, I think about this scene. 

So I was wondering what kind of food options they had since they always seem to be eating Tex-Mex.   Did some searching, I was shocked to find Tonitown was founded by Italian immigrants led by a Catholic priest in 1898 and named after an Italian explorer according to Wiki.  Also interesting the town website describes Tonitown as a progressive community.

Back to the subject, there are resturants in the area that serve food other than tacos and tortilla chips. 

TBH I'm the least picky eater ever. I'll eat practically anything. But I can eat Tex-Mex every day. If it's smothered in guac, queso, pico and sour cream, with jalopenos on top I'll eat it everyday. Then again I'll be extremely happy if someones abuelita made me mole and platanos rellenos. 

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

So I was wondering what kind of food options they had since they always seem to be eating Tex-Mex.   Did some searching, I was shocked to find Tonitown was founded by Italian immigrants led by a Catholic priest in 1898 and named after an Italian explorer according to Wiki.  Also interesting the town website describes Tonitown as a progressive community.

Back to the subject, there are resturants in the area that serve food other than tacos and tortilla chips. 

$100 says that they were at Tacos4Life. That salsa must have been very, very mild for Spurge to be able to tolerate (and like) it. As their meal was likely comped, I'm sure they got another bowl.

Does anyone know how authentic that place is? 

20 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't think he's 2 yet, so I'll cut him some slack.

Thank you, he's 18 months old, there doesn't appear to have been a lot of salsa left in the bowl, otherwise it would have been all over him, and this is hilarious, he's adorable and I 'm very happy they are allowing him to be a child and not a robot.  

A toddler sitting  on counters doesn't' bother me a 5/6/7 year old walking on counters does, no matter how small.  I put my kids  on counters al the time for various reasons, 1st aide, drinks of water to "help" me cook. This is why we have Clorox wipes, life isn't that hard don't worry so much about jerms (typo, but appropriate for this  place ) everywhere. 

10 hours ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

I won't judge Ben and Jessa for letting Spurgeon drink salsa, because it shows the kid has a more diverse palate than most Duggar kids. BUT... I will  judge them for not venturing out and eating something other than Mexican food or TexMex once in awhile when they go out to eat. I know they're not the most adventurous eaters, so we won't see them eating spinach saag, naan, or pad thai anytime soon, but don't Ben and Jessa ever want pizza, burgers, or buffalo wings?

Although, on the flip side, when I was younger and had less disposable income, sometimes it was hard to get myself motivated to try new restaurants in case I didn't like them, because then it felt like I had wasted the money trying something new when I could have bought food I knew I liked and gotten a better value. Maybe its something like that with them, but it does seem like they're always eating out at places with similar kinds of food (i.e. Mexican and TexMex.)

There aren't many Indian restaurants in NWA! I love Indian food so it always made me sad that I couldn't get it in NWA. There might be some now, but when I was living there a few years ago I had to go to Tulsa to go to an Indian restaurant. I had quite a few Indian friends and it's something they complained about too, as there are more and more Indian people in NWA, thanks mostly to the Wal-Mart headquarters, but not many restauranteers among them.

There are plenty of Thai restaurants, so it's not like there's a total lack of options, but Mexican restaurants definitely dominate.

There's like 3 Buffalo Wild Wings locations near them, my husband and mother in law were both managers at 2 of them for awhile. There's a great place in Fayetteville right near their fav resale store called Newks if they wanted to expand their palate. A couple of good Chinese places. But yeah, probably Tacos4Life.

10 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Then again I'll be extremely happy if someones abuelita made me mole and platanos rellenos. 

Oh! You're making me hungry for homemade food. We had the best Honduran food from a nice lady who was visiting some of our extended family a few summers ago. I can't remember all (any really) of the names of the food, but it was so good! She said that the one food (pupusas, maybe?) she usually bought at a store at home, but she made them from scratch here, because, you know, no Honduran food stores in these parts. If she ever comes back for another visit, I need to beg for a cooking lesson. With lots of "please" s and "por favor" s!!

6 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Oh! You're making me hungry for homemade food. We had the best Honduran food from a nice lady who was visiting some of our extended family a few summers ago. I can't remember all (any really) of the names of the food, but it was so good! She said that the one food (pupusas, maybe?) she usually bought at a store at home, but she made them from scratch here, because, you know, no Honduran food stores in these parts. If she ever comes back for another visit, I need to beg for a cooking lesson. With lots of "please" s and "por favor" s!!

Oh man I would have hounded her for recipes. There's a Columbian restaurant around here that's pretty authentic and they make everything from scratch. It's one of my faves. I love Latin food. Then again there's really only like 3 things I don't eat lol

12 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Thank you, he's 18 months old, there doesn't appear to have been a lot of salsa left in the bowl, otherwise it would have been all over him, and this is hilarious, he's adorable and I 'm very happy they are allowing him to be a child and not a robot.  

A toddler sitting  on counters doesn't' bother me a 5/6/7 year old walking on counters does, no matter how small.  I put my kids  on counters al the time for various reasons, 1st aide, drinks of water to "help" me cook. This is why we have Clorox wipes, life isn't that hard don't worry so much about jerms (typo, but appropriate for this  place ) everywhere. 

I thought the video was really adorable. I also looked at it from a different point of view. I used to do Early Intervention, that kid has really good motor skills. Those bowls look heavyish and he's holding it pretty well.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived