IGNORED

Seewalds 22 - Funerals and Embryo Cake

choralcrusader8613

I just saw the "marital advice" video and I am loving how Jessa didn't let Jill bulldoze her. Good for you Jessa! 

And I'm glad they included Jana. She's probably the wisest out of all of them :my_rolleyes:

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, melon said:

I got Charlotte NC,Winston-Salem NC and Greensboro NC.

Me too! But I did grow up in WInston-Salem, so spot on! Many folks from other places are often shocked that I don't really have a typical" Southern" accent.

I watched it. Looks like they cut Jana off. That's annoying. I want to hear what she has to say..

5 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I watched it. Looks like they cut Jana off. That's annoying. I want to hear what she has to say..

Nothing she says is important to them. She's not married

That quiz was cool! It pinpointed me to Northern California which is where I'm from and where I currently live. I especially enjoyed the question about what you call the big wild cat in North America. :)

22 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

Nothing she says is important to them. She's not married

I thought it was a little odd that TLC called it a marital advice video, even though it was mostly congratulations and included Jana, who has no marital advice to give. To clarify, TLC cut away from Jana - her sisters didn't appear to cut her off.

Seeing Jill next to the other bridesmaids, it looked like her dress was more of a royal blue and she was wearing a dark blue cardigan over it.

25 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

That quiz was cool! It pinpointed me to Northern California which is where I'm from and where I currently live. I especially enjoyed the question about what you call the big wild cat in North America. :)

I didn't get that question!!

Ok, I took it again, had a few different questions and tweaked a couple of my answers that were sort of weird (like the drive through liquor store....no options for no word for it, I have heard of one, but we dn't have them here etiher)....

got Spokane, SLC and Minneapolis this time, ha!

and one MORE time and got Tacoma and Minneapolis... 

My regional speak rest came bac as Birmingham, Alabama (I live in Alabama) and Greensboro, North Carolina.

@RosyDaisy,  I've taken the test before and gotten similar results.  I live in between those two cities but closer to Greensboro.

9 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

My aunt had another choice for things like this..."Oh....I'm sorry if that is a problem for you", said dripping with sarcastic pity. Work on the various inflections. Very pompous of course, but not rude. Ha ha.

Ooo I love it. Gonna have to add that to the repertoire.

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

To clarify, TLC cut away from Jana - her sisters didn't appear to cut her off.

Maybe spending all that time with the Duggars is rubbing off on the crew - "she's not married, therefore, no opinion allowed!"

Have any of you noticed that there has been a distinct lack of adoption talk from Benessa since Henry was born? 

Have any of you noticed that there has been a distinct lack of adoption talk from Benessa since Henry was born? 

Yeah, but I don't blame them for that. Two babies would keep young parents pretty busy. I interpret the adoption talk as well-intentioned but naive. If they don't limit biological children, I don't know how they'd adopt.

I got three cities in Arizona, which is of course nowhere near where I'm from.

Though my parents did live in Arizona for some time, so maybe that's got something to do with it. 

5 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

that was last season's storyline 

we will hear about it again when she is actually pregnant with number 3 in three months 

guarantee it 

5 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

There has been but I am sure that it will be brought up again. I don't know if either of them believe that they could adopt. I think it's just their thing, makes them different from the rest. Which isn't working. 

I still think the talk of adoption was brought in because JB & Michelle were thinking about it, so getting Jessa doing the TV stuff about it when they were not allowed on the show was a way of getting people used to the idea - and then, of course, they took on Tyler.  I am absolutely not ruling out the Duggars getting way beyond 19 through adoption, much as I hate the idea.  Once the Lost Girls are a bit older, so can do all the work, and a couple of the Lost Boys have moved out, so there's more space in the house, I reckon they're be an adoption - dunno if they'd go full child-collecting via international (which would be easier for them) or making a huge deal about how they saved a child from abortion through adoption, mind you...

Isn't there an age restriction on adoption though?

Asking sincerely as I thought there was and JB/M might be past the age range.

11 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Asking sincerely as I thought there was and JB/M might be past the age range.

I heard that.....you can't be more than 40 years older in some instances. Or something like that and might not count in a private adoption. Or overseas. Poor babies. 

7 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

There are age restrictions in domestic adoptions in the UK, but from reading all about the child collectors in threads on FJ, it seems like it's a lot more lax in the USA, especially in terms of international and private adoptions, where the most important thing is cash:

23 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Ooo I love it. Gonna have to add that to the repertoire.

A good old "WHY would you ever ASK such a question???" And then just stare until they stammer and walk away. It's good to practice a few times in a mirror so you're always ready with whichever answer is warranted...

12 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

A good old "WHY would you ever ASK such a question???" And then just stare until they stammer and walk away. It's good to practice a few times in a mirror so you're always ready with whichever answer is warranted...

As with the suggestion I made earlier, yes it is good to practice and speak with total confidence. Since these are not rude remarks on your part, you needn't be nervous at all!!!!

I love the glottal stop. I think it's sexy.

Took the quiz last time it derailed a thread around here. It pinpointed three cities close to where I grew up, even though I haven't been to the state in over a decade after moving 3 time zones away (and then to another country). Weird that I still seem to have so much but I guess I learned it deeply. I had to work hard to change my accent when I first moved because people on the west coast seriously did not understand me when I said words using the o sound in hot or pot. It sounded like hat or pat to them and I couldn't believe how much it impacted my communication. So at least I got acclimated in some manner. Haha

9 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

As with the suggestion I made earlier, yes it is good to practice and speak with total confidence. Since these are not rude remarks on your part, you needn't be nervous at all!!!!

Yeah, I think I'm definitely going to have to practice. You'd think after three years I'd be used to it, but it always surprises me when people aren't nice in general, no matter how much academically I'm aware of it.

Dad's theory was always that everyone's basic motivation is wanting to be happy, friendly, and kind. Sometimes stuff gets in the way and very rarely some brains are too broken, but most people's default is 'decent sort of chap'. It's rubbed off.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived