IGNORED

In Australia: IBLP sells; media call a cult a cult

MamaJunebug

@BobTheWalrus

I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree. My only theological learning is 14 years in religious schools, so I do not consider myself an expert. I tend to look at academic papers on things in which I am not well versed, written by people with many years of education on the subject, rather than faith based learning.

I am afraid I found the arguments in the article considerably more convincing than yours.

9 minutes ago, BobTheWalrus said:

Are you seriously suggesting that MOST Bible scholars know they've dedicated their lives to a fraud and are doing nothing about it?

No. I am suggesting that their studies have led them to believe that a small fraction of what they are studying is not authentic.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:53 PM, Palimpsest said:

Northwoods Conference Center, MI (they are hanging on like grim death to this one)

I so wish I could afford to purchase this property. The first couple years I would keep it the same name, hire some FJers and we run a deprogramming camp. We would advertise it something like "into the light and truth" .... After word gets around and the ATI crowd stops coming, I would make it a destination for people that love the outdoors- all year long. The UP is beautiful country and from google maps looks to be good hiking, snowmobiling and close to fishing, and 1.5 hours south of the Porcupine Mountains & Lake of the clouds,  etc.

13 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I so wish I could afford to purchase this property. The first couple years I would keep it the same name, hire some FJers and we run a deprogramming camp. We would advertise it something like "into the light and truth" .... After word gets around and the ATI crowd stops coming, I would make it a destination for people that love the outdoors- all year long. The UP is beautiful country and from google maps looks to be good hiking, snowmobiling and close to fishing, and 1.5 hours south of the Porcupine Mountains & Lake of the clouds,  etc.

I'm not all that far from there. Other activities could be cross-country skiing and visiting Paulding, an unincorporated community about 20 miles from the conference center where the "unexplained Paulding Light" has been seen for decades. 

(Don't click on the link if you want it to remain unexplained!) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulding_Light

Archived