IGNORED

Bria C (Generation Cedar) is a fan of Sheila Gregoire

Hisey

I found this comment by Bria Cosper (daughter of Kelly Crawford of Generation Cedar). Interesting. I'm surprised she'd like such a rational blogger like Sheila. Also, it seems like Kelly C. did not give Bria much sex ed. Finally, I wonder why she feels that there needs to be a "great purpose" to being married to Kyle. 

bria Cosperon June 8, 2016 at 1:26 pm

I needed to hear this so badly. I’ve been struggling with what God wants me to do as a young wife (married 1 1/2) and every time I think I’m close to “my great purpose” it gets shut down. Wonderful wise words Shelia! Your blog is such an encouragement to me. ( And your sex book saved my honeymoon :D)

http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2016/06/when-your-dreams-dont-come-true/

My goodness, Ms. Gregoire is chatty!  TL, DR & not going to. But I'm intrigued by Bria's mention of her honeymoon book. Anybody have a synopsis? Legos? :my_dodgy:  I just wonder how a book for females, by a female, could pass muster in that subculture to get published!

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

My goodness, Ms. Gregoire is chatty!  TL, DR & not going to. But I'm intrigued by Bria's mention of her honeymoon book. Anybody have a synopsis? Legos? :my_dodgy:  I just wonder how a book for females, by a female, could pass muster in that subculture to get published!

Just go to her website

tolovehonorandvacuum.com/

and click on the Sex tab.  Then choose from the drop down menu for different aspects of Sexy Time.

Does she have more than one book? I have her Good Girl's Guide to Great Sex and it's very good. I recommend it to other Christian ladies when I'm giving marriage/sex advice. 

Yes she has several. To Love, Honor and Vacuum, 9 Thoughts that can change your marriage, a month to great sex book, etc. 

I enjoy her a lot but I can't read there much because my husband is lower drive and is content with 1-2 times a week, doesn't let me "serve him" without me having fun, hates the idea of a "quickie" just for himself my life is just nothing like the advice she gives to wives so I've had to stop reading because I get discouraged about myself, him and us. Marriage has been  nothing like christian culture and my fundie family/upbringing said it would be so  I'm still struggling to find my footing. It's been tons better but not fitting the stereotypical molds when that's all you've been brought up to fill really does a number on you at first. 

I've only ever read the one I mentioned. I've met a lot of prudish gals and that book can be helpful. I'm sorry that things have been difficult for you, but glad to hear they're getting better!

I wonder if Bria and her mother are having differences of opinions.  Kelly recently made a blog entry that was basically about being a missionary at home, and this part of it stood out to me:  

There is a chasm between identifying as Christians and the answer to this call of missions on our lives. And I believe young women, between their teen years and their early married-without-children years have a spectacular opportunity to devote themselves to this mission mandate because they have the most time; but sadly, I see too many young women clamoring with boredom, grasping for meaning and purpose while missing this front row opportunity to serve Christ in the way He demonstrated for us.

We are desperately seeking greatness, and completely missing how to reach it.

The link is here:  http://www.generationcedar.com/main/2017/04/way-important-essence-christian.html

Maybe Kelly is overwhelmed with all of her kids since Bria left and got married, and needs help with them?  Bria may no longer want to take care of her siblings, and isn't helping as much as Kelly would like.  Something to ponder before you have umpteen kids...

1 hour ago, crawfishgirl said:

I wonder if Bria and her mother are having differences of opinions.  Kelly recently made a blog entry that was basically about being a missionary at home, and this part of it stood out to me:  

The link is here:  http://www.generationcedar.com/main/2017/04/way-important-essence-christian.html

Maybe Kelly is overwhelmed with all of her kids since Bria left and got married, and needs help with them?  Bria may no longer want to take care of her siblings, and isn't helping as much as Kelly would like.  Something to ponder before you have umpteen kids...

This is sad but not unexpected.  When Bria had her blog for a while, her education level was mediocre - but she came across as a person who wanted to be smart and had natural curiosity.  Her sheltered teen years were a completely wasted opportunity. 

It must be horrible to get to adulthood and realize that your mom's homeschooling was in actuality lazy as fuck. 

(Not saying that Bria actually thinks this... it just wouldn't surprise me, given that she's married to a guy who's gotten a normalish education)

20 hours ago, EowynW said:

Yes she has several. To Love, Honor and Vacuum, 9 Thoughts that can change your marriage, a month to great sex book, etc. 

I enjoy her a lot but I can't read there much because my husband is lower drive and is content with 1-2 times a week, doesn't let me "serve him" without me having fun, hates the idea of a "quickie" just for himself my life is just nothing like the advice she gives to wives so I've had to stop reading because I get discouraged about myself, him and us. Marriage has been  nothing like christian culture and my fundie family/upbringing said it would be so  I'm still struggling to find my footing. It's been tons better but not fitting the stereotypical molds when that's all you've been brought up to fill really does a number on you at first. 

I had to read this about four times to realize that you meant it. I know sex drives vary, and I've also found that the LHV sex advice has no connection to my actual married life.

But, even knowing that 'sex drives vary' I never thought anyone would call 1-2 times a week a "lower" drive. Lower sex drive in my sphere is a lot more like 1-2 times a month, or even once every month or two. I want to encourage you to keep on releasing those expectations. They can do a lot moe harm than good.

46 minutes ago, Pammy said:

I had to read this about four times to realize that you meant it. I know sex drives vary, and I've also found that the LHV sex advice has no connection to my actual married life.

But, even knowing that 'sex drives vary' I never thought anyone would call 1-2 times a week a "lower" drive. Lower sex drive in my sphere is a lot more like 1-2 times a month, or even once every month or two. I want to encourage you to keep on releasing those expectations. They can do a lot moe harm than good.

Yes, thank you. :) I'm getting that now, but as a very newlywed I seriously thought something was wrong with us. I had literally been taught that, especially as a newlywed, you'd be making love nearly every day and your husband would be all over you all the time. All of my friends who got married around the same time I did all said how it was pretty much constant for them. My mom always hammered it not me they'd want it all the time. And many of the comments over on Tlhv were people making love every other day, or minimum of 3-4 times a week, etc. and it just got discouraging to me. 

I'll also throw in that LHV's book is about having godly sex (unlike the trashy slutty sex that other people have) so although I am shocked that judgmental fundie women love it, I will try to carry on.

5 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I'll also throw in that LHV's book is about having godly sex (unlike the trashy slutty sex that other people have) so although I am shocked that judgmental fundie women love it, I will try to carry on.

Well, I really enjoy my Godly, married, trashy, slutty sex. I've not read more than that one book and it has been awhile, but it has been really helpful for some uninformed and hesitant ladies who were afraid to give their husbands a blow job or get on their knees for sex. 

On 4/27/2017 at 11:39 AM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Does she have more than one book? I have her Good Girl's Guide to Great Sex and it's very good. I recommend it to other Christian ladies when I'm giving marriage/sex advice. 

I really like Gregoire and her books.  We're reading 9 Thoughts That Can Change Your Marriage in a women's group I'm in at church, and it's really good.  I wish the Good Girl's Guide had been around when I got married. One of my parents' friends gave me a little stack of books as a wedding gift. Some, like the financial book, were good but others, like some of the Doug Wilson books, were a little less so.

I'm actually not surprised by her Gregoire's books.  I'm more surprised that there aren't more out there like them. Growing up, I definitely was kind of prudish for a long time. However, the message you get in a lot of conservative Christian circles is uber-prudish while you're single and then anything (monogamous) goes after you're married.  That's changing a bit, but it is still an adjustment.

Archived