IGNORED

IRS, postal inspectors raid Benny Hinn Ministries

lilwriter85

When all this started coming to light, our pastor stood up in front of us and told us that he had never even flown first class. He and my husband share stories about how impossible it is to kill a Ford Expedition. Pastor T. has a dark blue one, hub's is white, same year, same trim level, comparable mileage (1999 XLT, close to 200K) 

Our church sends out a finance report quarterly. 

Well the book of Acts seems to say that the Holy Spirit teleported a missionary named Philip 40 miles, so what does God need private jets for? :P

37 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

Well the book of Acts seems to say that the Holy Spirit teleported a missionary named Philip 40 miles, so what does God need private jets for? :P

First of all, some do claim they can and have travelled in this supernatural way. Check out the claims of Ana Mendez (connected to Morris Cerullo and  C. Peter Wagner).

Quote: 

“In Mexico, I repeatedly experienced something like Philip in the desert: the Holy Spirit transported me to conferences, sometimes over long distances.” 

http://www.courtofheaven.com/pdfs/books/19-Mendez-Ana.pdf

She also claims to have raised three people from the dead, so teleporting must not be that big of a deal. (Be warned, this is a deep rabbit hole with lots of seriously disturbing stuff)

As for the private jets, these are often misunderstood by those who lack spiritual insight. They are not bought for the benefit of the ministers. They are necessary to test the generosity and obedience of the flock. Those who give for this noble cause without judgementalism or jealousy in their hearts, will be richly blessed,  with spiritual blessings that are greater than just a private jet. After all, we should not focus on the material.

(I have a PhD in charismatic logic)

23 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Joel Osteen just got trolled big time by a Twitter bot. 

This is indeed the best Twitter bot troll of all time.  Still laughing.

On 4/28/2017 at 11:29 PM, feministxtian said:

Our church sends out a finance report quarterly. 

Yeah, I think every church I've attended has done the same. It's surprising to me that it isn't demanded by parishioners in all churches (and temples, mosques, etc.). 

On 5/1/2017 at 1:11 PM, hoipolloi said:

Joel Osteen just got trolled big time by a Twitter bot. 

That is beautiful. And it's approved by God's Twitter! 

18 hours ago, December said:

It's surprising to me that it isn't demanded by parishioners in all churches (and temples, mosques, etc.). 

Some people in the Zsu and PP threads have wondered if PP's church members have ever demanded financial statements regarding the strip mall church. PP is far from being on the level of Joel Osteen. But, I think he finds ways to to take financial advantage of church members. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if PP and/or Zsu are fucking with the books at their church.

Archived