IGNORED

IRS, postal inspectors raid Benny Hinn Ministries

lilwriter85

Seems like it's about time. Now how about all about all the other televangelists who are begging for and scoring private jets, big houses and Ferraris from poor people and well meaning Christian hipsters? Can I suggest the 'good' people at Hillsong? And I agree, Joel Osteen is nowhere near clean.

3 minutes ago, purjolok84 said:

Seems like it's about time. Now how about all about all the other televangelists who are begging for and scoring private jets, big houses and Ferraris from poor people and well meaning Christian hipsters? Can I suggest the 'good' people at Hillsong? And I agree, Joel Osteen is nowhere near clean.

Creflo Dollar. And I think Joel Osteen has an entire graveyard of skeletons rattling around in his closet. He smiles too much to not be hiding something big.  :my_dodgy:

11 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Creflo Dollar. And I think Joel Osteen has an entire graveyard of skeletons rattling around in his closet. He smiles too much to not be hiding something big.  :my_dodgy:

He blinks like a mofo, too. 

ETA: I heard Benny Hinn say there were 9 Godheads -- three trinities. He proclaimed it to be so and then added, "You can look it up!" No chapters & verse, just proclamations. And I knew a lady who said she liked him. Or possibly, his style of entertainment. A true crime that people like this make a living on the backs of undiscerning, seeking people.

15 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

He blinks like a mofo, too. 

ETA: I heard Benny Hinn say there were 9 Godheads -- three trinities. He proclaimed it to be so and then added, "You can look it up!" No chapters & verse, just proclamations. And I knew a lady who said she liked him. Or possibly, his style of entertainment. A true crime that people like this make a living on the backs of undiscerning, seeking people.

I have a few relatives who are Benny Hinn fans and have collections of his books.

How long till we hear the cries on Christian persecution in relation to this long overdue raid? I wonder about the timing. Did they decide to do it now figuring it would get less news coverage than doing it during the previous administration?

44 minutes ago, purjolok84 said:

39 minutes ago, Loveday said:

In the past couple of years, I've have seen friends and relatives who were Joel Osteen fans posting these memes on social media.  I think slowly many people are wising up to Joel Osteen. I also recall reading some article where a woman who attended Osteen's church tried to get financial assistance was turned away.

11201161_10153323846141789_3294714431631

6cc2d035e12b4bb45206080e06067e1b.jpg

A lady I grew up with claimed Benny Hinn healed her. She was born with no hearing. Her family went to a Benny Hinn crusade when she was 5, he touched her ears, and she could hear. Not immediately, you understand, but gradually over the next few weeks. It wasn't because of the surgeries she had recently undergone, you understand. Totally all Benny Hinn.
She didn't like me because I questioned (we were adults then) why he only restored partial hearing in one ear, requiring her to still use sign language, lip reading, and wear double hearing aids with an amplifier.  Or why he didn't go ahead and heal her profoundly deaf parents and brother. One healing per family, I guess?

Yeah, I knew someone who got sucked into Benny Hinn's ministry.  He was sending money, and even went to one of his events.  He claimed that even the plants moved when Benny walked on stage. :roll:  

Another person my husband knew, went to be cured of cancer.  It worked too...until she lost her battle with cancer.  Think he's ever given her a second thought?  Nope.  He just moves on to scam the next person.

What that man does, should be a crime.

He is such a fraud. Wonder how his relationship with Paula White is going? 

I love this YouTube video. Benny Hinn, Sith Lord

Long overdue. Please round up all those liers for the Lord. If they want to use their ability to manipulate human emotions for their own gain and glory, go ahead. Just please, please leave Jesus out of it.

It is like Kim Jong Un evoking the authority of Gandhi to promote his nukes program. Or the Taliban closing girls' schools in the name of mother Theresa. 

10 hours ago, Loveday said:

I've never been a super fan of Joel Osteen; and I'm sure that it's partially due to his overly exaggerated smiling. Sure, a person can be happy & smile frequently; there's nothing wrong with that at all. Joel, though? He's laying it on a wee bit thick & you can just tell that it's a fake grin at that.

We have a local version of Joel Osteen. Google Ron Carpenter, Hope Carpenter, and World Redemption Outreach Center. 

I think Perry Noble of Newspring ( a mega church with multiple campuses across SC) is going to reach pretty scandalous heights, too. He's out right now because he publicly confessed a bunch of "sins" that normal people would just have quietly sought treatment and counselling for, but I have a feeling he'll be back. Once you get used to the adoration of the crowds and the easy money...
People who've publicly criticized both Ron Carpenter & Perry Noble and their mega-churches have been bullied and threatened, online and in the real world. It's pretty scary.

11 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@MamaJunebug, how is this 9 godhead thing not called out as heresy?

Maybe no one wants to poke the Benny?

i heard it replayed on conservative Lutheran talk radio show "Issues Etc." IIRC, the show hosts just left a few seconds of silence after playing it. It's so obviously heretical, something that rolled outta Benny's big ... mouth ... in yet another moment of egotistical blathering.  The Issues Etc. host then  continued to analyze Hinn's hold on people. 

I still value "Issues" for the programs where they talk plainly about heresies and prosperity gospel [sic] preachers who prosper off the backs of seekers. Issues's political commentary? Do not want.

Was coming here to post on this, since it is somewhat local to me. And of course our lovely conservative Dallas Morning News doesn't have it anywhere on their webpage without doing an actual search for it. Their TV affiliate oddly had it as a headline.

Funny thing, the same person who first introduced me to Hinn and Osteen also introduced me to the Duggars :P  (She liked to watch a lot of American 'Christian TV')

Creflo Dollar sickens me. Him and all the others who claim they need to fly on private jets to spread the word of God. The Prosperity Gospel goes against everything that Jesus stood for - if parishioners would think about it a little bit, it would be very clear that this is very wrong.

But I also think that records for tithing in all churches needs to be open to the public. Maybe then more money will go to charities and the church and less to flashy cars each year and flying with the promise of no foreign demons.

17 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Long overdue. Please round up all those liers for the Lord. If they want to use their ability to manipulate human emotions for their own gain and glory, go ahead. Just please, please leave Jesus out of it.

It is like Kim Jong Un evoking the authority of Gandhi to promote his nukes program. Or the Taliban closing girls' schools in the name of mother Theresa. 

All Of The Above!

Ultimately well said, @foreign fundie.

1 hour ago, purjolok84 said:

Creflo Dollar sickens me. Him and all the others who claim they need to fly on private jets to spread the word of God. The Prosperity Gospel goes against everything that Jesus stood for - if parishioners would think about it a little bit, it would be very clear that this is very wrong.

But I also think that records for tithing in all churches needs to be open to the public. Maybe then more money will go to charities and the church and less to flashy cars each year and flying with the promise of no foreign demons.

I was about to say wait a secon, isn't Mr. Dollar dead, but I had him mixed up with Eddie Long.

My mother spent 15 minutes watching Benny Hinn before she realised it wasn't a show about a similar named British "comedian"

Here's a fun clip, Jesse Duplantis and Kenneth Copeland discussing why they need private Jets. I do wonder where Duplantis was going with his story, what did God tell him next, but not enough to find and watch the rest of the show.

http://deadstate.org/christian-preachers-claim-they-need-to-fly-first-class-because-its-impossible-to-talk-to-god-in-coach/

It would be funny if it wasn't so sickening. It sound like satire until you realize they get their money by begging the elderly and others on fixed income who are desperate and home watching tv during the day. And of course if those promises of wealth never come, it's the fault of the giver for not believing enough. I'm not sure why this is legal. 

40 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

My mother spent 15 minutes watching Benny Hinn before she realised it wasn't a show about a similar named British "comedian"

I always have a pause when I hear Benny Hinn too. Pretty sure I haven't ever watched a total of 15mins though, lol! 

9 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Here's a fun clip, Jesse Duplantis and Kenneth Copeland discussing why they need private Jets. I do wonder where Duplantis was going with his story, what did God tell him next, but not enough to find and watch the rest of the show.

http://deadstate.org/christian-preachers-claim-they-need-to-fly-first-class-because-its-impossible-to-talk-to-god-in-coach/

It would be funny if it wasn't so sickening. It sound like satire until you realize they get their money by begging the elderly and others on fixed income who are desperate and home watching tv during the day. And of course if those promises of wealth never come, it's the fault of the giver for not believing enough. I'm not sure why this is legal.

Yeah, I remember when this story came out.  Bottom line is these two idiots didn't want to fly with the unwashed masses and wanted to be able to talk to "God."

My brother just posted about this and said he delivered pizza to Hinn's Texas house once. I never knew his headquarters were in our hometown growing up, but poking around now I recognize one of his media networks, Daystar, as the same company that would come to film all our school plays and stuff. So weird.

Archived