IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates - Part 3

samurai_sarah

Whit, stop preaching us about running and focus your efforts in motivating your husband. His belly is a bit too much for a 27 (?) years old.

Glad to see Whit so fond of her sport life. Not only she'll be more healthy, but also it can delay another pregnancy (I mean, if she's working hard to stay fit, maybe she won't be willing to have a big belly soon).

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Whit, stop preaching us about running and focus your efforts in motivating your husband. His belly is a bit too much for a 27 (?) years old.

Maybe she realizes that at the end of the day, he's a grown man who will make his own food choices. :confusion-shrug:

I'm sure that there wasn't enough food in the Bates house growing up either. So maybe Whitney realizes this and lets Zach enjoy eating. Compare him is Josh Duggar and Zach looks like a super model. 

He's also always been on the bigger side than the rest of his siblings. it could just be his body type.

Yeah, Zach doesn't look any different to me...

And I mean, he looks healthy. I guess it's possible he's a bit overweight, but probably not enough to be any real cause for concern.

Zach looks okay to me?

That said, the idea that men can look like whatever they want but women MUST be skinny, athletic, have long bouncy hair, sparkly teeth, perfect nails, flawless makeup, etc, etc, is totally a thing in fundie circles (and especially IBLP), and it's worth talking about, if maybe not in this thread.

In the past Zach tended to wear clothes that were way too tight which made him look bigger. I don't think he looks unhealthy and he seems to wear clothing that fits better now. 

3 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Zach looks okay to me?

That said, the idea that men can look like whatever they want but women MUST be skinny, athletic, have long bouncy hair, sparkly teeth, perfect nails, flawless makeup, etc, etc, is totally a thing in fundie circles (and especially IBLP), and it's worth talking about, if maybe not in this thread.

Isn't this is a thing in pretty much all the circles? I would agree that it seems to be more prevalent among the ATIers, but that could be my own bias. 

Oh absolutely, the amount of mainstream media telling ladies to hold themselves to unreasonable standards while also settling for dudes who do not hold themselves to any such standards is staggering.

IBLP gender roles definitely amplify it, though, maybe because IBLP has a highly specific "type" that all women have to mold themselves into.

I'm not saying Zach looks unhealthy at all but I don't usually see 20-something men with a belly like that.  No offense please, I promise my comment is not body shaming. As I said, where I live young men are usually belly-flat, and young policemen use to spend a lot of time in the gym.

Maybe he's one of those bigger husky type guys who is pretty fit? I've seen a lot of guys (and women) like that where they have a belly and/or just are bigger built but are strong and fit 

21 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Oh absolutely, the amount of mainstream media telling ladies to hold themselves to unreasonable standards while also settling for dudes who do not hold themselves to any such standards is staggering.

Complete drift, but have you ever checked out the 'proresting' thread on Twitter - she uses humour to highlight what it's like on the inside for female actors seeking to get cast.

Maybe he works shift work and isn't interested in being super fit? As long as he is not obese and his health is not at risk we should not be judging Zach's weight. 

On 5/4/2017 at 5:35 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Glad to see Whit so fond of her sport life. Not only she'll be more healthy, but also it can delay another pregnancy (I mean, if she's working hard to stay fit, maybe she won't be willing to have a big belly soon).

I wouldn't be surprised if she's pregnant already.  She seems to have a relatively easy time of pregnancy and delivery and I think they'd like a lot of kids.

I'm not a toddler and I don't like goldfish, but I would choose them over Lawson anyyyyy day. :P 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:
I'm not a toddler and I don't like goldfish, but I would choose them over Lawson anyyyyy day. :P 

Also Kacy Lynn has no pants on. HELLA NIKE lol

We always snark for the headbands and how unnecessary they are. Not going to lie- for a moment I thought Lawson was holding Bradley and Carson because of the no pants and lack of headband. Then I realized the size of the baby.

However-- the world did not end because I believed Kaci could have been a boy for a quick minute. Phew- glad we averted that crisis!

Those are extra cheddar goldfish, I would be willing to do pretty much anything for them. The little kids obviously have good taste. 

I did not have any daughters.I would have   loved  to have had one.I'd be afraid to put jewelry on a baby or toddler.I'd be afraid of a necklace getting caught on something.Even those amber teething necklaces,some people let their children sleep with them on.The bracelet ,I'd be afraid of the child choking.Yes,I do overthink,and I am a Mother Hen or too protective.

I'd love dressing up a baby girl,minus the big hair bows.Maybe a granddaughter,one day.

My heart just melted watching Kaci Lynn and Bradley on that mechanical swing on Whitney's IG. Holy cute.

On 2017-5-10 at 5:02 PM, SuhrEnity said:

Also Kacy Lynn has no pants on. HELLA NIKE lol

Nor headband! She looks like a boy! She's in danger of becaming confused about her gender!!!!!1!1!!! 

A pant-less, headband-less FEMALE BABY!?

RUN. HIDE. THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING. 

I wonder if Whitney orders a lot from China. I have been looking for some stuff for my daughter on one of those pages and a lot of things I have seen on her kids seem common on that page like baby tutus, baby headbands and so on. It is super cheap, like I saw 18 headbands for about 2 dollars for example. I don't think everything is top quality but some seem to be the same quality as what you buy in stores here in Sweden paying much more. I hope to order clothes for me and maybe some dress-up clothes for my daughter. The only thing I was warned was to up 1-3 sizes compared to normal. I ordered maternity tights from China from another site when I was pregnant with Ingvar. I ordered xxl and I normally L and they fitted fine until the last month of pregnancy so two sizes worked that time.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived