IGNORED

Jana's Future 4 - Family Ties

choralcrusader8613

I think you have hit the nail exactly on the head, Singsingsing.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Journey to the Heart is not a 'reform' camp where bad kids are sent to be straightened out. This is what I know about Jana:

She did JTTH many times, along with some of the more conservative fundie girls in ATI circles.

She was a bridesmaid in Priscilla Keller's wedding.

She was the only non- Bates or Keilen woman in Michael Bates's wedding party.

She's apparently the disciplinarian in her family.

All of this is exactly as I have seen, read and heard.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/6/2017 at 3:44 PM, singsingsing said:

I don't understand why anyone thinks she's particularly intelligent? Except that she's quiet, hasn't courted yet and thus hasn't had the spotlight on her, and doesn't have social media, so she's basically a blank slate that FJers can project all their hopes and dreams onto.

Honestly, my impression of Jana is that she's not an exceptionally intelligent person, that she's very conservative, that she believes in the principles of ATI and participates willingly in the cult, perhaps more so than any of her sisters, and that she hasn't gotten married yet because she simply hasn't met/been pursued by anyone she wants to marry.

Agreed, nailed it perfectly on the head. To the bold, probably the most accurate description I've read about Jana based on everything we've been given to observe since the very beginning. 

On 5/6/2017 at 8:35 AM, KelseyAnn said:

I honestly think Jessa is just bidding her time right now, just waiting until she has enough money or her own tv show so that she can run off to Jinger in Laredo either with or without Ben.

I thought the same thing a long time ago (I think I shared it in the Jessa thread months and months back).
I really do think that Jessa would have no problem moving closer to Jinger ~ and if she can snag Ben as the "youth pastor" for Jeremy's new upgraded church (which I assume will happen sooner than later - with all the publicity/donations/TLC money, etc.), then even better. 

And I agree, so far, Jessa seems the most PR savvy, and fully aware of her image (i.e. cunning, like you said ;) )

But back to Jana . . . uhhhhh, is anything finally happening with that tattoo parlor? *sarcasm*  I know it's not :P

On 5/6/2017 at 6:53 PM, Fun Undies said:

But back to Jana . . . uhhhhh, is anything finally happening with that tattoo parlor? *sarcasm*  I know it's not :P

I hope they are working on it, but we don't know when Joy is getting married to know whether if that project is on hold or not.

9 hours ago, sunshine said:

I hope they are working on it, but we don't know when Joy is getting married to know whether if that project is on hold or not.

I've been down in Springdale for business this last week and had to drive past the tattoo parlor to/from my meetings...and nope, didn't appear to have any work done

12 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I don't understand why anyone thinks she's particularly intelligent? Except that she's quiet, hasn't courted yet and thus hasn't had the spotlight on her, and doesn't have social media, so she's basically a blank slate that FJers can project all their hopes and dreams onto.

Honestly, my impression of Jana is that she's not an exceptionally intelligent person, that she's very conservative, that she believes in the principles of ATI and participates willingly in the cult, perhaps more so than any of her sisters, and that she hasn't gotten married yet because she simply hasn't met/been pursued by anyone she wants to marry.

I have to agree with that! From what I've seen from her, she might actually be the most conservative out of all the older Duggar girls, serving in the highest circles at Gothards, being close friends (aka bridesmaid) for different ATI families (as far as I know none of the other Duggar girls have been bridesmaids to other families).

I simply think that she hasn't married yet because she has the burden of being the eldest daughter in a huge household. Simple as that! Not because she realized that marrying young means a lot of children or that the right guy just hasn't come along, yet. IMO  it's just that JB hasn't allowed it, yet.

Yesterday, I was scrolling thourgh Pickles facebook page and looking at pictures of Jana. There were a lot pictures with that Laura girl in hit and people hinted in the commets that there might be something more. How ridiculous! WTF?! As far as we know they might be the most conservative Gothard women out there, working at the headquarters and what not. They not being married does not make them less conservative.

Do you remember the story of "B'rer Rabbit"??

Old Brer RAbbit, he play dumb, and he "jest lay low".... and old Brer Rabbit usually got everything his way.

I feel that Jana is making like Brer Rabbit.

If no suitable fundie male that she is at all interested in has stepped forward, there is nothing she can do. Derick was introduced by JB, Ben stalked Jessa and Jeremy pursued Jinger. Jana cannot stalk some guy as I understand it.

Sure. Sometimes the quiet ones have a whole lot going on beneath the surface, and one day they surprise everyone. And sometimes the quiet ones are quiet because there's not a whole lot going on upstairs, if you catch my drift.

8 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Old Brer RAbbit, he play dumb, and he "jest lay low".... and old Brer Rabbit usually got everything his way.

Very few people these days seem to know of Brer Rabbit.  

Do you also know of Little Bunny Foo Foo?

Little Bunny Foo Foo. It had to be Little Bunny Foo Foo. ACK!

On 5/7/2017 at 7:42 AM, Four is Enough said:

I feel that Jana is making like Brer Rabbit.

I think we are giving her too much credit. I don't think she has a calculating bone in her body. She's simply and sincerely obedient. 

IMHO

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

Very few people these days seem to know of Brer Rabbit.  

Do you also know of Little Bunny Foo Foo?

Oh my God, my three-year old niece loves this song!!!

21 hours ago, sunshine said:

I hope she stays strong in seeing it get accomplished. I would hate for her to have any pressure placed on her being that she is the last eligible daughter for the next 10 years. #strongforJana #businessownship #rocks

3 minutes ago, gottawii said:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/duggar-family-news-2017-jana-duggar-finds-love-in-an-old-family-friend-182644/

I just read this article about Jana possibly being in a relationship with Jonathan. I think this is a little out of box. If it is true, I will be shocked but not really at the same time. I don't know too much about him.

I swear this was mentioned on the Jessa thread a few days back. Isn't he a far bit younger than Jana? 

They've been reading here. What does Jonathan do? Does he have dirt under his nails?  I thought he was too young for Jana.

i believe he's about 23-24?  <-- from creeping on the hartono's mother's instagram....lol

They've totally been reading here. First off, that website took it from another website, inquisitr, which is pure concentrated bullshit. I think they're the ones that created the stupid tebow rumor. So don't even flinch at the crap they release. Yeah he's 23 and currently lives in Indonesia and works in the sport management field (yeah I stalked him lol). He left the US in 15' after he spent years studying at Pensacola. But he's been close to the family for a very long time. No offense to him but if Jana has spent aaaaaallll this time waiting only to settle with him, I'd shit myself. Doesn't matter anyways as it appears that It's 99% pure speculation and BS -as usual. 

16 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

No offense to him but if Jana has spent aaaaaallll this time waiting only to settle with him, I'd shit myself. Doesn't matter anyways as it appears that It's 99% pure speculation and BS -as usual. 

Lol, do y'all remember that scene in White Chicks, where the one blonde is like, "Oh my God, Brittany!  I can't believe you said that!"

And Blonde #2 is like, "Yeah, but you were thinking it!"

And Blonde #1 is like, "Yeah, but you SAID it!"

I feel like this is one of those moments ;)

~ @Coconut Flan, thanks for the reminder about snipping/bolding quotes, I apologize for the inconvenience on people's eyeballs, since I tend to mutliquote quite often - least I can do is skip to the parts I'm directly referring to ;]

On 5/7/2017 at 4:51 AM, eveandadam said:

I simply think that she hasn't married yet because she has the burden of being the eldest daughter in a huge household. Simple as that! Not because she realized that marrying young means a lot of children or that the right guy just hasn't come along, yet. IMO  it's just that JB hasn't allowed it, yet.

I've commented on Jana a lot over the years and I agree with this. Now that we've seen a few others get married I also think that Jana's cautiousness / reserve plus her being one of JB's favorites (along with Jill) means she is less likely to be paired with a Ben or even a Jeremy, who were less than ideal to JB for a number of reasons. fwiw I think from JB's perspective he did well for his favorite Jilly-muffin with Derick, but Jana doesn't want a Derick. I think Joy-Anna was 'lucky' in that an ATI guy fell in her lap and JB didn't need to do any looking, not that I have any fondness for Austin.

Anyway, none of the Duggar girls are bright and as others have said Jana has proved no brightness beyond her sisters. She may be a bit more useful/industrious in terms of skills, but that's just a benefit of being the oldest and TLC needing to create some story lines for her while she waits to marry. I do think she has probably realized things she is / is not looking for in a man based on her sister's marriages, but that is not the same as intelligence. In that way she *may* be lucky, unless she waits too long and ends up with a real winner like Tabitha Paine.

10 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Did we ever find out what Jana didn't see coming?

Her life is ridiculously boring. It was probably tater tots on sale when they typically aren't.

Bit of stalking of Hortano...was he staying with the family at some point? He went bowling with JB but that doesn't mean he's asking as Derrick had JB as a 'prayer partner' and maybe he's a mentor to him?

As to Jana I don't know that she's not just resigned. She feels like there's no escape without losing her sisters and all her friends, she has very little education and the only way 'out' of JB'S house is marriage. I think life is easier if you 'keep sweet' and at least she isn't expected to be pregnant constantly. I think she thinks if marriage is her only way out she's at least going to see her options and knows what she would like in a husband rather than marrying guy 1 who asks.

I'm 99% certain that anyone who approaches JB about courting Jana gets the immediate no from him with little input from Jana. I know they like to pretend the girls are somewhat involved in a process, but there's no way Ma and Pa would give up their nanny/maid. Now that the little ones are grown up i might change, but I'm pretty sure there's no master plan by Jana here. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived