IGNORED

Gay Christian Rock star Vicky Beeching faces vile abuse from Christians

lilwriter85

Unbelievable. :shakehead: Did she wake up one morning and decide to be gay, because it's such an easy life style? Good grief.

like I need another rabbit hole, f'd y'all!  *click*

don't get it, is she just gay?  what's the background story?

16 hours ago, pook said:

I have never heard of her.  Was she a CCM star who came out?  

16 hours ago, pook said:

I get the feeling the rescue ferrets are going to be busy.

18 hours ago, pook said:

I mean, it's not like there needs to be another background story besides just being gay for her to be publicly maligned by Christians.... :shakehead:

Sadly unsurprising. Hopefully she can get some peace of mind by not looking at all that vitriol anymore. 

I think it's hard for some people to be decent human beings on social media forums.

Time to bring out the there/their/they're question as a provision to using the internet - can't determine the difference between each word? Not allowed to use the internet. And the rest of us are happier for it.

It is possible to gay and Christian. Vicky would be most welcome at my church. My SIL and her wife are fans.

When I was young and my mother was explaining homosexuality to me (this would have been 1990 or so) she didn't disparage it or talk about religion, but she somehow gave me the idea that a gay person would be like a rare bird.  Something you heard about, but would probably never actually see. 
Years later, I was laughing about that fact, and she gave me the strangest look and asked how I had possibly missed that our pastor was a lesbian.    Ummm, that wasn't the housekeeper?  
She can come hang out with the Methodists.  We don't care if you're gay.  We'll even let you have a turn in the pulpit if you want.

On 21/04/2017 at 6:52 PM, Soulhuntress said:

I have never heard of her.  Was she a CCM star who came out?  

Yes. I saw her at a Christian conference/festival about 15 years ago when she was first getting started in public life. She was an okay singer-songwriter, although I never clicked with her music that much - probably her best known song was Yesterday, Today and Forever. I've read some of her testimony, and basically she always knew she was gay, or at least realised it by her teenage years. She hid it, got prayer for it and was pretty shaken up by how people prayed for her. It didn't sound particularly compassionate! I can't remember exactly when she came out but it's been a few years now. She doesn't do a lot with her music any more, but has gone into writing and philosophy. She has a postgraduate theology degree and writes a lot about gender, feminism and religion. She's quite often a talking head on religious programs in the UK.

Archived