IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers Engaged

Bazinga

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh lord your sons weren't stuck up! They just didn't know how to talk to girls because you people put courting and marriage on this ridiculously high pedestal! That would make anyone self conscious or nervous to talk to girls their age! 

Quoted for Truth

The Bontragers and Bowerses seem like they are still in their honeymoon stage of fundie family love. I wonder when and the newness will wear off and they will actually not want to be up each other's butts all the time. Maybe after grandkids get here? 

Do we think these three girls will be pregnant and due 9 months from now?

I'm pretty sure that has to be Michelle in the front row wearing the green top. That looks like her hair.

So while the boys are preaching, any guess if the two newly marrieds will be in tomorrows wedding or will they be taking off with their new brides ASAP?

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Can they stop preaching and get to the getting married part already??

Both of these families are preachy. It's like dueling banjos for the blood of Christ....

1 minute ago, SallyDraper said:

These people only associate with other fundy Christians. Who there needs to get saved ? 

All of us heathen youtube watchers

Just now, seraaa said:

Rogue family members?

A Bontrager cousin once debated public school on their blog. He sounded mature and made good points. But he was just sticking up for public school. He's probably Christian. 

Just now, Bazinga said:

All of us heathen youtube watchers

Well, this heathen youtube watcher turned the sound of for the preaching untill they get to the actual wedding bit ;)

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bontragers and Bowerses seem like they are still in their honeymoon stage of fundie family love. I wonder when and the newness will wear off and they will actually not want to be up each other's butts all the time. Maybe after grandkids get here? 

Do we think these three girls will be pregnant and due 9 months from now?

I'm not so sure. The Bontragers adults grew up Mennonite, which in its own right has some pretty strict beliefs. Chances are their kids will continue the next generation, and maybe the next. They seem pretty tight (not to mention they aren't on a TV show with wordly influences and the almighty $$$ dictating their every move). Guess we shall see....but to answer your second question, I suspect we will be having a triple baby shower in 6-7 months. ;)

I bet their Mennonite family members are sitting there thinking they are all being so show-y and prideful. 

2 minutes ago, Markie said:

A bit of a snore fest. More males in the wedding party than females. The Bower sisters must have lots of brothers. 

There are more boys than girls in both families I think. 

It's interesting that this implies that in their view, are the vast majority of people not "properly" married.

(Within their framework of reference it does make sense, because marriage has a sacred dimension and isn't just a social contract)

The "speaking-in-public-in-front-of-a-crowd" aspect of a a wedding makes me want to elope

I noticed Joshua is a pretty good public speaker ... he could le totally be a pastor, or tevangelist (lmao) 

also, I found it so creepy that they tell the girls to obey the guys in the vows

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

I noticed Joshua is a pretty good public speaker ... he could le totally be a pastor, or tevangelist (lmao) 

also, I found it so creepy that they tell the girls to obey the guys in the vows

It used to be standard in lots of Christian Wedding vows, but is very much optional  

Dang! Carson and Lima IMMEDIATELY went in for the kiss and it was a long one! They aren't messing around! And Lina's face was serious when leaving, lol.

18 minutes ago, seraaa said:

It's interesting that this implies that in their view, are the vast majority of people not "properly" married.

(Within their framework of reference it does make sense, because marriage has a sacred dimension and isn't just a social contract)

The "speaking-in-public-in-front-of-a-crowd" aspect of a a wedding makes me want to elope

Then why are these people so against gay marriage? Fundies make no sense...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived