IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers Engaged

Bazinga

4 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Triple pregnancy, anyone?

My guess is a double pregnancy at the most. Bryn looked so small at the wedding that if she is pregnant, it's early. But I think one Bowers sister is definitely pregnant and The other sister may be as well. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called it, back on Chelsy's wedding day! It was pretty obvious from the photos. I find it odd that they're claiming it was a surprise this morning, though - for a start, if a stranger on the Internet can notice her pregnancy on the basis of a couple of photos, surely the girl's own in-laws must have noticed before today? And secondly, I find it odd not telling the future grandparents until the 12-week mark. Obviously I understand not telling all and sundry, but the parents-to-be's own parents?! Who live nearby and who I'm sure claim to have a very close relationship with their offspring? I know that if I was lucky enough to get pregnant, I'd tell siblings and parents straightaway! I'm not fundie though if that makes any difference.

I'm guessing that Carolina will have a baby in July, Cassidy in August, and Chelsy and Bryn will be due in the fall. So there will probably be 4 Bontrager grandbabies in 2018.

Allison just replied to a comment oninatagram that Lina and Carson didn't tell a soul until yesterday. And she's 12 weeks. Sorry but I don't believe that. Lina and cass married brothers. They had a double wedding. They are close. I bet Lina told Cass earlier than yesterday. 

I’m not particularly good at it, but I guess a lot of us are good at spotting when a fundie woman is pregnant. Obviously since these are fundies they’re likely to get pregnant within the first year, and I guess many of us (myself not included) have been pregnant ourselves. 

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I’m not particularly good at it, but I guess a lot of us are good at spotting when a fundie woman is pregnant. Obviously since these are fundies they’re likely to get pregnant within the first year, and I guess many of us (myself not included) have been pregnant ourselves. 

Statistically, if you are having unprotected sex for 6 months, the majority of people will get pregnant. Therefore stats say at least one of the three will announce by now. Bryn is tiny. If she was pregnant I would assume she is like Alyssa Bates who carries very small. So I knocked her off the list of possibilities. I also noticed Lina wearing baggy clothing lately. So I figured she was most likely the one to announce since she might be showing. She also didn't want to be carried down the aisle by her husband. First time pregnant women tend to be cautious in their experience. Cass also wasn't carried so I would bet she's also pregnant but early in every pregnancy. She will be next to announce. 

I know lots of people who don't tell people, including their families, even siblings they are close to, until after the 12wk mark. 

The good news is that it probably means she hasn't been very sick. I didn't tell most people with one of mine until after the 3 month mark, but I had to tell family and a couple close friends because they would have thought I was dying if I denied pregnancy. 

Carson has watched his mother miscarry 6 times, and it wouldn’t suprise me if Carolina has also seen her mother miscarry at least once as she reached the end of her fertile years. That may be why they didn’t announce til they were out of the first trimester. That said, I would be very surprised if Carolina hadn’t at least told her mother and sister. Dealing with the first three months of pregnancy and it’s associated morning sickness is difficult for everyone, but in the first pregnancy every symptom seems strange and (in my experience) is heavily scrutinised. I asked my mother questions every day about what was normal and what I could expect in my first pregnancy, even though I didn’t announce to the world at large til 10 weeks. I find it hard to believe she went through all the changes of her first trimester without talking to her mother and sister.

I think Cassidy is also pregnant, maybe a month behind her sister, and I doubt we will get to April without an announcement from Chelsy and John - I’m betting on a honeymoon baby if the timing is right, definitely her getting pregnant on her first cycle. They obviously have strong physical chemistry and John has been so insanely repressed, on his bunk bed with Jesse, that he must be like a kid in a candy store.

Brynn I’m not sure about - she doesn’t seem quite as conservative as the other Bontrager brides, I don’t think NFP is totally out of the question.

I have to wonder if it's similar to when I told my grandma, who was like "don't you think I figured it out by now" but was just too polite to say anything until I announced it myself. Granted, she saw me sneaking off to puke in the basement...

Point being, the Bontrager new grandma has been pregnant enough times that she may have figured it out already but waited until they told confirmed it to her themselves.

31 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

I read back a little on the blog and saw that none of them live in the same state, and one of the couple's lives in Canada, so it's possible this was the first time then had been together since their wedding. Easy to keep a pregnancy secret that way.

I’m pretty sure they all live in Iowa because they made a huge deal about Chelsy being the first one that left. Carson and Carolina live in the Bontragers land but in a house they built. Mitchell and Bryn are living in the hotel they manage which is on their town also. Josh and Cassidy live in a rental home about a mile from the Bontragers and tour with the band. Maybe they traveled to Canada once and you thought they lived there?

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’m pretty sure they all live in Iowa because they made a huge deal about Chelsy being the first one that left. Carson and Carolina live in the Bontragers land but in a house they built. Mitchell and Bryn are living in the hotel they manage which is on their town also. Josh and Cassidy live in a rental home about a mile from the Bontragers and tour with the band. Maybe they traveled to Canada once and you thought they lived there?

Yes, probably their honeymoons.

Ok, scratch that, lol. I'll go back to she must not have been terribly sick.

If Carolina is the only new Bontrager bride who is currently pregnant, think about how insanely big pressure that puts on the other two brides. They were all married within 24 hours of each other and are pretty much expected to start procreating at that very minute, even if nobody says it out loud. The race is on, and the two other brides have to feel the pressure. Remember how devastated Anna Duggar was when she had to wait four whole months after wedding before she got pregnant!

@lilith, you wrote that Mom Bontrager has had six miscarriages. Have they discussed this on the blog? Do you happen to know when she had these?

1 hour ago, Anonymousguest said:

I read back a little on the blog and saw that none of them live in the same state, and one of the couple's lives in Canada, so it's possible this was the first time then had been together since their wedding. Easy to keep a pregnancy secret that way.

I don't know what you are reading but that's all untrue. They all live about 20 minutes away from eachother or less. They get together for meals all the time. There are lots of pictures of them all spending time together since the weddings. That's why I don't think Carolina and Carson didn't tell a single soul. I think they told at least one person. 

One in four pregnancies end in miscarriage. Therefore it should be expected for these quiverful women to experience a miscarriage at least once in their lives. I'm not dismissing the impact of loss, I'm just saying these girls should be educated about miscarriage and prepared for it to happen to them. The fact that Michelle Duggar only had 2 losses out of 19 pregnancies is very lucky for her. 

FWIW I never had morning sickness. No nausea at all. Talk about luck, eh? Just wanted to mention, since it’s talked about as a given. 

Spoiler

Nothing to see here... literally

got long fingernails & cant do a Thing with em  :thumbsup-cheese:

8 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

If Carolina is the only new Bontrager bride who is currently pregnant, think about how insanely big pressure that puts on the other two brides. They were all married within 24 hours of each other and are pretty much expected to start procreating at that very minute, even if nobody says it out loud. The race is on, and the two other brides have to feel the pressure. Remember how devastated Anna Duggar was when she had to wait four whole months after wedding before she got pregnant!

@lilith, you wrote that Mom Bontrager has had six miscarriages. Have they discussed this on the blog? Do you happen to know when she had these?

I’m not sure if it’s on the blog or they talked about it at one of their shows. It’s stuck in my head though.

18 hours ago, freethemall said:

I have to wonder if it's similar to when I told my grandma, who was like "don't you think I figured it out by now" but was just too polite to say anything until I announced it myself. Granted, she saw me sneaking off to puke in the basement...

My mom politely didn't say anything about my sister's pregnancy with her fourth child until my sister announced it. (My sister and BIL aren't quiverfull, they just always wanted 4 or 5 kids and went ahead and had 5 kids.)

My sister's sister-in-law announced her first pregnancy about the time my sister knew she was pregnant with #4. So my sister congratulated her SIL, stayed in the background for a few days, went on a trip for a week, and then announced their good news. My mom quietly told her, "When I saw you before your trip, I thought you probably were pregnant, but I figured you had a good reason for not announcing it yet."

I admired my sister's choice to let her SIL have the family's focus for as long as possible before sharing her news. I hope I remember to consider other's feelings like that, but sometimes I can be a bit oblivious. :my_blush:

I'm pretty sure a lot of people could tell that Lina was expecting, but respected their choice not to announce it yet. Maybe they wanted to focus on the upcoming wedding and not draw attention away from Chelsy and John.

I wasn't surprised that they waited until now to announce it publically - in fact I called it in the Maxwell thread that any currently pregnant Bontrager wives would wait until after Chelsy's wedding to announce. What surprised me was that in the Bontrager family's announcement they sound surprised at the news, when I would have thought they'd have already noticed that Carolina looks pregnant, given that they see her often. And regardless of the wedding, I still find it odd not to tell the grandparents-to-be until the official announcement.

Since fundies don't drink, they aren't abstaining from normal drinking situations and making it suspicious. I have plenty of friends that will have at least one drink at a wedding reception, birthday party, New Year's Eve, etc. I once realized a friend was pregnant because she refused to drink at a wedding and she always drank at weddings. A lot of fundies don't wear super tight or revealing clothing so it's easier to hide a small bump. But I did notice Carolina wore even baggier clothing lately. So I thought she might be pregnant. Rebecca Eleventy commented on their blog that she thought Carolina was pregnant at the wedding. So if a friend of Chelsy's could tell, I'm sure her family members could too. They just didn't say anything. People actually did that pretty often back in the day. Everyone knew you were pregnant because you had a bump but it wasn't polite to talk about that in mixed company. Like a wedding.

On 1/4/2018 at 8:49 AM, MamaJunebug said:

FWIW I never had morning sickness. No nausea at all. Talk about luck, eh? Just wanted to mention, since it’s talked about as a given.

Neither did I. Three pregnancies, three normal deliveries, no puking. Which is fortunate, because we would have one child instead of three if I'd had morning sickness.

Apologies for not being able to get rid of the "hide contents" bar but there's nothing there.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks as though Joshua Bontrager needs more than marriage to have a fulfilling life. He has a new blog, apparently. 

The intro is a video - one I quite watching after the first 30 seconds because it is already disgusting.

These people are not 'lighter'/less dangerous/less evil than Steve. They are just as bad. 

This is his video. Just his first sentences tell you all you need to know. 

:my_confused:  Wow.  Guess there aren't any repercussions whatsoever to raising boys to think they're mini-gods...no excessive hubris, egoism, or narcissism whatsoever, nope! 

/s

So glad we can go to [his own stupid name].com to discover the truth!  So, Joshy, do we still need Bibles, or will your new site suffice?

Something about this slick little promo makes me think he has politics (state representative?) on his mind at some point in the future.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived