IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers Engaged

Bazinga

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure they are extremely against SSM just like all other Fundies. I love how naive fundies can be. Like the Duggar sister pickle picture. They had no idea how dirty it would look. And Allison Bontrager talking about her brothers' manhood. Teehee. And now the sister picture that looks like a same sex wedding picture! Oh these fundies never cease to entertain me...

I really like their wedding pictures and have to say that they make for two really good looking couple. Although Chess and John are probably going to top that. 

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I really like their wedding pictures and have to say that they make for two really good looking couple. Although Chess and John are probably going to top that. 

They will be a lovely bride and groom. And it's likely they will have a decent budget for fundies. So they won't have to go cheap on things. They are both almost 27, both have worked to earn money, and can afford nice things for the wedding. I'm guessing it will be beautiful.

It looks like both mothers had a chance to say something at the Bower/Bontrager celebration. Steve must have been appalled. Women speaking from the stage to a mixed audience, to exhort their children! Showing leadership!

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They will be a lovely bride and groom. And it's likely they will have a decent budget for fundies. So they won't have to go cheap on things. They are both almost 27, both have worked to earn money, and can afford nice things for the wedding. I'm guessing it will be beautiful.

I actually think the Bontragers will foot the bill. They are very traditional, and Chelsy is the first daughter to marry from their home. They seem very financially secure though, and Chelsy and Allison both seem to really enjoy decorating and fashion and planning, so it will probably be lovely and the most decadent thing Steve has been exposed to in many a year.

Poor Sarah (and to a lesser extent Anna and Mary), watching another brothers bride enjoy her dream wedding, watching another  couple younger than her become adults with a home and family of their own, then going home to her bed in the girls room to live on the schedule her daddy approves for another thirty something years.....

If we forget Sarah (who has already been "passed" by two younger siblings in a race to the altar), it is Anna's turn to get married after John. Maxwell kidults have married in their birth order, and Anna is 25 now and not a youngster anymore in the fundie circles. Elissa was younger when she married, and I think NR Anna was something like 24-25. If it is Jesse who enters the joys of sweet fellowship next, I think we can safely say the poor Maxwell "girls" will never be allowed to marry...

The thought of Steve being forced to admit ( even if only to himself) that he cannot control the narrative of this engagement makes me happy. That he can't exert control over the wedding or the new house must be panicking him. That his son appears to be happy and looking forward to his new life should make him happy but I doubt it does.

4 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

That he can't exert control over the wedding or the new house must be panicking him.

I'm sure of one thing - Steve will maintain control over the rehearsal dinner!  The Maxwells believe in the tradition of the groom's family throwing that bash.  They have put massive preparations into it, and decorating for it, for all the prior weddings.  I wonder whether they still have the bird cages from Joseph and Elizabeth' cancelled nuptials.

Steve and Teri will have conniptions again when (not if) the servers chuck out their detailed seating plan and ask people whether they want Pepsi or ginger ale with their dinner. :laughing-rolling:

I'm kind of excited to see the contrast between the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. I'm sure it will be just as different as the engagement announcements. 

9 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

As in bean burritos and animal crackers vs. real food?

Well, Maxwell family friends catered Joe and Elissa's rehearsal dinner:

Looks like Fundie casseroles AKA "hot dishes" and cupcakes.  With a sunflower theme:  https://blog.titus2.com/2014/09/24/the-day-before-part-4/

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, Maxwell family friends catered Joe and Elissa's rehearsal dinner:

Looks like Fundie casseroles AKA "hot dishes" and cupcakes.  With a sunflower theme:  https://blog.titus2.com/2014/09/24/the-day-before-part-4/

The sunflower theme is cute but casseroles? I guess it's ok but I would have chosen something else. Casseroles can be really boring. I would've preferred BBQ or something with more flavor. But it's the Maxwells. Bland is their specialty. 

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I don't remember looking through these before, but I notice that they claim on part 4 that the You Are My Sunshine board was created by Joseph for Elissa, but part 2 shows that Mary and another person actually made it. He made the notes(I assume) but the board was made by others.

I'm guessing that the Maxwells will show a boring beyond all words rehearsal dinner while the Bontragers will show one that was a bit more fun. 

Perhaps the Maxwells will have this place http://cafedodici.com/ cater the dinner.  It's one of the 2 places that Chelsy is suggesting people stay.  "Authentic Italian Inspired" food, and it doesn't believe in using very much salt, garlic or onions.

Joseph and Elissa's rehearsal dinner was so Maxwell.

Even with our crazy-busy summer, my mom and sisters managed to plan and prepare for the rehearsal dinner, with help from our friends. They chose the colors of turquoise and yellow as their theme, along with sunflowers that were fresh picked.

So Sarah sat on her rear end and Teri, Anna and Mary chose the turquoise, yellow and sunflowers.  No mention of discussing the colors and theme with Elissa.  I hope she liked it.

17 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

If we forget Sarah (who has already been "passed" by two younger siblings in a race to the altar), it is Anna's turn to get married after John. Maxwell kidults have married in their birth order, and Anna is 25 now and not a youngster anymore in the fundie circles. Elissa was younger when she married, and I think NR Anna was something like 24-25. If it is Jesse who enters the joys of sweet fellowship next, I think we can safely say the poor Maxwell "girls" will never be allowed to marry...

Lurker, this is one of the most important points raised in this discussion. I took the liberty of answering you over in the Maxwell thread, though! I hope you don't mind.

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Perhaps the Maxwells will have this place http://cafedodici.com/ cater the dinner.  It's one of the 2 places that Chelsy is suggesting people stay.  "Authentic Italian Inspired" food, and it doesn't believe in using very much salt, garlic or onions.

My face as I read that.

tommy_lee_jones1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

soooo the photos of the double weddings are up on the Bontragers site as well and in one there is a caption that makes me  raise my eyebrows so  much that reach my hair !"Every wedding must have an Aunt Pandy! She bathed that day in prayer (literally, she began praying for her nieces future husbands when the girls were just babies) "

ugh :naughty:

Came across pics of the wedding on Instagram having absolutely no idea who they were and almost scrolled past. But then I saw the matching (but not matching) fundie style wedding sandals on the bridesmaids and knew I would be in for an interesting read over here.

However this thread is not only informative, it's also extremely hilarious. Nice work FJ fam :pb_lol:

• 3 weeks later...

3 days till the wedding! Who else is super excited for pictures? I imagine Chelsy will have a much prettier dress than the other 3 Maxwell brides (though I think Melanie looked beautiful).

Allison posted on her blog yesterday. I have a feeling she's going to have a hard time with Chelsy's moving away. Although was won't be as ridiculously dramatic as the Boyer sisters. 

Just an FYI, I started a Chelsy and John thread over in Maxhell.  It would be nice to keep the wedding discussion more or less in the same place so people don't get confused over where to read and post. :)

The Bontragers posted about an announcement on their Instagram. I’m thinking it could be a pregnancy or maybe something about their band?? 

39687AB4-D30C-4992-87A5-9297654250C7.png

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived