IGNORED

Toby Sumpter Makes Me Want to Dye My Hair Pink

libriatrix

http://www.tobyjsumpter.com/pink-hair-boys-wearing-girls-underwear/

I love my natural brown and have little desire to change it, but after reading this gem of an exhortation I'm tempted for the first time towards hot pink and neon orange. About halfway through this I had to start repeating "What an asshole" to myself over and over in order to make it through. HIs attitude towards and assumptions and judgements about trans people are sickening. 

That was hard to read. Toby clearly doesn't understand anything about transgender people or possess any desire to do so. Why does everything have to be about rebellion? Or such a stark polarity of male/female?

Is it so hard to even question that a Christian, or any God may have created people with imperfect bodies, and for some people, it means that gender does not match physical sex? Or is it just easy enough to confidently say 'There's no way my God makes mistakes! You are either/or! No room for in between!'

Plus Toby made the usual lazy NARTH-like mum is overbearing, dad is weak arguments/assumptions and claimed that the mum in the story, rather than helping, was hindering her child and lying about disciplining him.

Then the tacked on 'coloured hair is not being plain and modest!' crap - what, attacking the transgender wasn't enough, all women need to suffer too?

Beat them until they do what they're supposed to to, in the gender they were assigned at birth.

If you don't , you as a parent aren't being Godly.

Don't do anything to call attention to yourself, because it doesn't glorify God. So no purple hair. I guess, no singing, no dancing, no speechifying? Maybe no blogging?

God doesn't make mistakes... but he makes different people. People with deformities of mind or body. So why should a transgender person be any less likely to be different?

Why are fundies so afraid of free will? After all, we are born with it, and at our death God decides what the consequences of our use of it will be. Be afraid, God fearing, obedient all you want, YOURSELF.. just don't make ME, or your kids, be that way.

On 4/19/2017 at 2:30 AM, purjolok84 said:

Is it so hard to even question that a Christian, or any God may have created people with imperfect bodies, and for some people, it means that gender does not match physical sex? Or is it just easy enough to confidently say 'There's no way my God makes mistakes! You are either/or! No room for in between!'

For people who can't (or rather, won't) comprehend that a person's sex is not the same thing as their gender, there's no space in between. 

On 4/19/2017 at 9:06 AM, Four is Enough said:

Why are fundies so afraid of free will?

Fear of making their own decisions then having to own the consequences of those decisions, whether or not they were correct or sound? (Just one impression I've gotten from many groups discussed on here.)

Archived