IGNORED

Jim Bakker and the Food Buckets O'Doom

Cartmann99

I feel sorry for whoever thinks that food in the picture is going to resemble anything in the bucket.

Also: I found a video where Jim suggests saving the buckets for pooping in. ?

• Upvote 4

I just saw this thread pop up! Jim Bakker, always good for a laugh...I'd love to get y'all some photos of his place down near Blue Eye, MO, but there's a lot of security and they'd probably kick me out if I was seen taking pictures. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, unholypoledancer said:

I feel sorry for whoever thinks that food in the picture is going to resemble anything in the bucket.

Yup. That crap would make a frozen tv dinner look like gourmet fare!

• Haha 3

On 1/2/2019 at 9:19 AM, unholypoledancer said:

Also: I found a video where Jim suggests saving the buckets for pooping in. ?

“What are you going to do with the doo-doo?”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 1/3/2019 at 9:25 AM, smittykins said:

“What are you going to do with the doo-doo?”

I must confess, I have always found Jim over-the-top hilarious.  Part of me has always wondered if the professional charlatan is just punking his followers, but I know he's not smart enough to do much more than separate the fools from their money.  

I go way back with Jim and Tammy.  When I was a kid, I'd watch PTL Club after school (don't judge, this was pre-cable).  My mother was terrified they'd turn me fundie, but I was just fascinated by the insanity of it all. They are probably directly responsible for my later fascination with all things fundie. 

Much more than Jim though, I was very interested in Tammy Faye.  I wanted to dislike her because even as a kid I knew what they were up to, and frankly, she was more than a little nuts.  But she was also so unfailingly sweet and open-minded that she kept drawing me in. She just didn't fit with the likes of her husband, Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell.

"What are you going to do with the doo-doo?”  Oh, Jim, you still slay me.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 1/2/2019 at 8:19 AM, unholypoledancer said:

Also: I found a video where Jim suggests saving the buckets for pooping in. 

Closed loop! I like it! 

• Haha 3

My favorite antique mall has a Susie Moppet still in the box for 10 bucks. They also have one of the cringe-worthy Asian baby dolls, but it's been there forever & I never took a picture of it

Spoiler

IMG_3291.thumb.JPG.fd845afa933e4cc6ee78a2e824c23b05.JPG

• Upvote 3

I believe I read that the original Susie Moppet doll was a Porky Pig doll with the ears burned off.

I actually started watching PTL for shits and giggles just before the implosion.  When Tammy Faye entered the Betty Ford Center and Tammy Sue took over as cohost, Jim mentioned that she was only sixteen and I remember thinking “Shouldn’t she be in school?”  I figured she was probably homeschooled, then learned that the PTL compound had its own school for employees’ kids.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• 1 year later...

Have you ordered your "Christmas Variety Bucket" yet?

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Thank You 3

Darn, you beat me to it!   

But, ya know, if you're like me and always late with ordering the X-Mas presents, you don't want to order Wolfermans or delicious and perfectly ripe fruit delivered to your beloved relative,  a Doom Bucket COULD be the perfect gift.  Not saying it WOULD be, mind you.  It COULD be. 

Also, congrats @Cartmann99! Your post count is "On the 1TonRamp" so peak Maxwell! 

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Howl said:

a Doom Bucket COULD be the perfect gift.  Not saying it WOULD be, mind you.  It COULD be. 

You kids better behave, or all you'll get for Christmas is a Doom Bucket!

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

You kids better behave, or all you'll get for Christmas is a Doom Bucket!

It would literally be a "gag" gift. 

• Haha 6
  • Love 2

• 5 months later...

I'm gonna be a Doom Bucket missionary! :cracking-up:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/7/2021 at 10:15 AM, Cartmann99 said:

What a shame

/s (in case it is not obvious)

• Upvote 7

I scrolled back to August and saw that I'd posted about a "miracle blanket" that Jimmy was offering to those who gave him $1000. The blanket was supposed to help you pay your bills if you covered them with it.

It's extremely odd how it's not working to help Jimmy pay what he owes. 😏

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

I cannot believe he is still pulling the same nonsense he pulled to build Heritage USA. How are fools still falling for this?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I cannot believe he is still pulling the same nonsense he pulled to build Heritage USA. How are fools still falling for this?

If you look at his videos his audience is of a .. erm ., certain vintage.  So I assume it’s the same audience who grew old with him and who excused his shit because of the perception that this was where ‘God was working’.  

• Upvote 5

On 10/12/2021 at 2:08 AM, Cartmann99 said:

I scrolled back to August and saw that I'd posted about a "miracle blanket" that Jimmy was offering to those who gave him $1000. The blanket was supposed to help you pay your bills if you covered them with it.

It's extremely odd how it's not working to help Jimmy pay what he owes. 😏

Maybe Bakker can sew a bunch of the blankets together and cover the entire estate with it. That will help with the bills for sure. He can weigh the blankets down with Buckets of Doom, poop-filled or otherwise.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jim Bakker and the Food Buckets O'Doom
  • 2 months later...

Jimmy has pretty much moved on from Doom Buckets, so now Jack Posobiec's selling them:

Spoiler

image.png.8fc1ee8e2bf8240a814afa2fd260743b.png

image.png.d791ff37b5ef96e05f6b4a614aa7aae5.png

In case you're having trouble reading the text on the second pic:

Don't let the Biden food shortages affect you and your family! Throw one in the back of your truck while you're at it for the next time Mayor Pete decides to leave you stranded on I-95 for two days.

PrepareWithPoso.com

I'm not sure how you're going to prepare that "food" unless you normally drive around with ten gallons of water, a camping stove, dishes, and utensils.  :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I understand why preppers prep. But these buckets seem like a waste of money. If I was a prepped, I wouldn’t buy one of those buckets. I would probably buy lots of large cans of food instead. And just use them and replace them when they get close to their expiration date. It would probably be cheaper. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3