IGNORED

Who's the "new generation" of bloggers?

NachosFlandersStyle

20 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

How about m is for mama? It's verrrrry pinteresty

OK, I'm headed down the rabbit hole on this one. I'm totally bitch-eating-crackers about the Pinteresty hip-wholesome-mom set. I haven't even gotten to the quiverfull stuff, but the prints she sells are making my eyes bleed.

53 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

How about m is for mama? 

In case it interests you, here's an archived thread on it from last year. 

9 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

thehelpmates.com is one I've seen that's fairly active still. It's two women, both in their 20's, co-writing the blog. I'd say they're more fundie-lite. Both women have a set of young twins, one set naturally conceived and the other through embryo adoption. Of course I'm happy for them since I know infertility is horrible but it irritates me that they insist that embryos are full human beings and that they're saving these embryos by letting them be born. I just don't understand how anyone can truly believe that. What about identical twins? They were once one embryo but are now two different people. If an embryo is exactly the same as a person then what happened there? And if there was a situation where you had to choose between saving one newborn baby or 100 frozen embryos would anyone hesitate in the slightest to choose the baby? But according to that particular kind of pro-life rhetoric the embryos should have the same moral value as the baby.

I agree with all this.

Additionally, there's that sticky question that always get skirted around by people like these bloggers - which is, how did these embryos end up in a position where they needed to be "saved" in the first place? Embryo adoption advocates tend to start in the middle of the story when the embryos are being "rescued," but in reality they didn't just fall out of the sky or out of someone's womb. They were purpose-created by the fertility industry, which is responsible for the destruction of vast quantities of embryos, and they will continue to be purpose-created as long as there's a demand.

A consistent worldview that saw embryos as having personhood would be terribly troubled by that and protest to end it. These bloggers choose to benefit from it instead. There are definitely ulterior motives here, and whether it's about becoming parents or about patting themselves on the back, it requires quite a bit of self-deception to convince yourself that participating in the fertility industry is in any way "saving" babies.

On 4/17/2017 at 11:36 PM, jozina said:

Their recipes include "delectable chocolate self sourcing pudding" and "last minuet delicious chocolate surprise".  Perfect for that last minuet of the night!  I would have thought a minuet may be too raunchy for some of this lot?  Or "Double chocolate biscuits with no chocolate" which have optional chocolate chips.

Okay but what in the ever-fudging hell is self-sourcing pudding??? Does it grow back if you leave some in the bowl? Is it a pudding monster from final fantasy that splits via mitosis or budding, becoming an endless source of puddings? Is it some kind of bizarre fermented Australian "pudding"? Are we even talking about pudding in the American sense, or do Australians use the British sense of the word? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? 

#severely distressed by self sourcing pudding

On 4/17/2017 at 11:36 PM, jozina said:

I'm still not quite sure about Jamie Balmet of Young wife's guide. She's all about "gospel centered homemaking".

The blog looks pretty, but she's making a big deal of marrying very young (unter 20). Also, she has two sets of twins (all boys) + one baby girl within 4 years. She writes about her exhausting pregnancies and motherhood, describing her experience as "sacrifice" and "painful due to the Fall". But, as the lord knows what he is doing, I'm pretty sure she'll be headed straight for C-section #4. 

I would love to sit this bitch down and school her on real, modern southern culture. She has no fucking clue about what she writes.

3 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

home-at-winshaw.com

Civil war reenactors, living somewhat off the grid, no real job, 3 kids and counting....

The blogger is named Atlanta and her sisters are Aspen and Carolina. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The blogger is named Atlanta and her sisters are Aspen and Carolina. 

I think that she is discussed somewhere else and they are well aware of FJ...

22 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I think that she is discussed somewhere else and they are well aware of FJ...

Oooh where? I'm curious to see if she has any brothers with place names as well. 

I remember Atlanta, and I vaguely recall that her husband's family was bankrolling their weird cosplay lifestyle? Maybe I have her confused with someone else we've talked about.

49 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oooh where? I'm curious to see if she has any brothers with place names as well. 

She has a brother named Laredo and one named Cimarron, there are more siblings but I can't find their family blog anymore.....

On 5/23/2017 at 9:28 AM, SrMaryEloquentia said:

One of the "modesty obsessed housewives", Christina of Our Wood Home found out about this thread and posted a lengthy reply on her blog. 

She doesn't get why we're snarking about her. 

Well, in case she checks back I will spell it out for her.

The delicious irony of someone proclaiming their modesty to the world via a blog that is filled with endless selfies of her hair, her shoes, her clothes and that constantly draws attention to her body (while explaining how covered it is) and extolling how wonderful and godly her modest life is on a hugely public platform like the internet it was draws us in. Like most modesty bloggers you are very covered but not very modest and it amuses us that you seem completely incapable of seeing your own vanity and spiritual pride.

14 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

She has a brother named Laredo and one named Cimarron, there are more siblings but I can't find their family blog anymore.....

Oooh those are even better than I anticipated! Cimarron is the one that I never ever would have guessed. 

9 hours ago, frugaldreams said:

The delicious irony of someone proclaiming their modesty to the world via a blog that is filled with endless selfies of her hair, her shoes, her clothes and that constantly draws attention to her body (while explaining how covered it is) and extolling how wonderful and godly her modest life is on a hugely public platform like the internet it was draws us in. Like most modesty bloggers you are very covered but not very modest and it amuses us that you seem completely incapable of seeing your own vanity and spiritual pride.

But obviously being completely covered, no matter how attention-grabbing or skin-tight your clothing may be, is the only definition of modest that exists! I'm sure she's not being vain, just wanting to exemplify and model how others should act. :roll:

Dear Christina(or her husband who has apparently forbidden her from reading here) proclaiming to the world how modest you are is as far from modest as you can get. It is like someone bragging about their humility. 

If you like posting pictures of your outfits to show off, go for it, but don't try and pretend you are doing it to be modest. 

What do they have against God-honouring blogs

A blog mostly about your numerous outfits is hardly a God honoring blog. Maybe take the focus off yourself and put it on feeding the poor, helping the needing, caring for the sick. 

36 minutes ago, Jingeyk said:

But obviously being completely covered, no matter how attention-grabbing or skin-tight your clothing may be, is the only definition of modest that exists! I'm sure she's not being vain, just wanting to exemplify and model how others should act. :roll:

Of course! Every modest narcissist Christian needs a blog full of endless selfies to prove their modesty. After all, if people aren't praising you for your modesty, you must not be doing it right :roll:

On 5/24/2017 at 0:02 AM, Shoobydoo said:

Okay but what in the ever-fudging hell is self-sourcing pudding???

It's supposed to be "self-saucing". Still kinda weird but not nearly as bad as what you were picturing!

27 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

It's supposed to be "self-saucing". Still kinda weird but not nearly as bad as what you were picturing!

Oh. OH. That makes so much more sense. :pb_lol: I just could not figure out what "sourcing" was supposed to be...

Archived