IGNORED

Alex Jones wants court to think he's not a right wing crazy person

47of74

Alex Jones wants people to think he's not a reich wing crazy person.

newsweek.com/alex-jones-kids-fraud-custody-battle-585159

Alt-right provocateur Alex Jones will reportedly attempt to prove that his bombastic, caustic on-air personality is simply “performance art,” as the Infowars host tries to keep custody of his three children.

Whether the claim works is likely to depend in large part on the judge assigned to the case, as well as Texas law.

Following the jury selection process on Monday, Jones, who is battling his ex-wife Kelly Jones for joint or sole custody of their children, intends to show a Travis County court over the next two weeks that in real life he is not the vitriol-spewing, red-faced persona on full display during his radio show.

Alex Jones’s attorney, Randall Wilhite, told District Judge Orlinda Naranjo at a recent pre-trial hearing last week that his client's actions on his show should not be taken into account when judging him as a parent, saying it would be similar to citing actor Jack Nicholson’s performance as The Joker in Batman, the Austin American-Statesman reported.

Dude, you've been camping outside of the annual bohemian grove meetings with cameras for years.  You've already exposed your own crazy.  

I guess it's really hard to take back something when it's already out there. Especially when you're the one putting it out there. Just saying.

Now he's mad that people are saying he's a fake:

In a rambling message filmed from his car this morning, Alex Jones repeatedly insisted that he is not an actor—a characterization of Jones made by his own lawyer during an ongoing custody battle.

Jones’ attorney recently said that the “InfoWars” broadcaster is simply “playing a character” on his conspiracy theory radio program. The right-wing talk show host is involved in a custody lawsuit with his ex-wife, whose attorneys want jurors to see footage of Jones’ unhinged and explosive outbursts. His attorney, however, said that his manic and sometimes violent statements are not relevant in the dispute since he is “a performance artist.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/alex-jones-i-am-not-fake-i-am-completely-real-and-everybody-knows-it/

His poor children. :pb_sad:

1 hour ago, infooverload said:

How old are his kids and how long was he married?

I don't know how long they were married, but according to the Austin newspaper:

But in emotional testimony at the hearing, Kelly Jones, who is seeking to gain sole or joint custody of her three children with Alex Jones, portrayed the volcanic public figure as the real Alex Jones.

“He’s not a stable person,” she said of the man with whom her 14-year-old son and 9- and 12-year-old daughters have lived since her 2015 divorce. “He says he wants to break Alec Baldwin’s neck. He wants J-Lo to get raped.

“I’m concerned that he is engaged in felonious behavior, threatening a member of Congress,” she said, referring to his recent comments about California Democrat Adam Schiff. “He broadcasts from home. The children are there, watching him broadcast.”

I'll warn you that neither parent comes off looking good in this article. :pb_sad:

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/travis-county-custody-case-jury-will-search-for-real-alex-jones/rnbWzMHnFCd5SOPgP3A34J/

I'm guessing then that the 'acting' was a defense that has been blown wide open by a clearly narcissistic and idiotic defendant ... if he wants to win his case shouldn't he be smarter than this?

I'm guessing then that the 'acting' was a defense that has been blown wide open by a clearly narcissistic and idiotic defendant ... if he wants to win his case shouldn't he be smarter than this?

I had a good laugh at the shouldn't he be smarter than this line. When I think of Alex Jones the word smart does not come to mind. His claim to have hung out with liberal intellectuals had me rolling my eyes. The quote smacks of when Trump says he knows the best people or talked to a person who was an expert. Then fails to name the said party so the said conversation can be verified.

Jon Ronson wrote a book called The Psychopath Test:  A Journey Through The Madness Industry and in that book spent some time with Alex Jones.  In the words of Edmund Blackadder, "phew, what a looney".

In the court of unpopular opinion...

Alex Jones has the hottest dad bod ever... It is known.

You know, if you like that kinda thang...

Alex Jones' expert witnesses claim the ex wife has some type of histrionic disorder and her lawyers claim he has some type of narcissistic personality disorder.  Those poor kids.  On the other hand, Kelly (the ex) gets $43,000/month.  On the other hand, she now has $200,000 in legal bills related to the case.  Apparently, Jones has admitted to 1. smoking pot and 2. cheating on his ex.  These people are not winners.  As I mentioned, those poor kids. 

ETA: It's likely that both parties have already broken the judge's gag order.  The judge is going to review phone records.  

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Alex Jones' expert witnesses claim the ex wife has some type of histrionic disorder and her lawyers claim he has some type of narcissistic personality disorder.  Those poor kids.  On the other hand, Kelly (the ex) gets $43,000/month.  On the other hand, she now has $200,000 in legal bills related to the case.  Apparently, Jones has admitted to 1. smoking pot and 2. cheating on his ex.  These people are not winners.  As I mentioned, those poor kids. 

ETA: It's likely that both parties have already broken the judge's gag order.  The judge is going to review phone records.  

I read that Alex Jones has remarried and the new Mrs. Jones is expecting a baby. 

In the court of unpopular opinion...
Alex Jones has the hottest dad bod ever... It is known.
You know, if you like that kinda thang...

Ugly opinions, and NOPE to the dad bod!

Yeah I saw that this morning.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarzel/jones-trial-verdict?utm_term=.pakGXG5wy#.no0MBMW0A

AUSTIN — After a grueling 10-day trial, a jury has ruled in favor of Infowars founder and CEO Alex Jones' ex-wife, Kelly, in the custody of their three children.

The jury, which deliberated for roughly nine and a half hours, ruled Thursday night to give Kelly Jones joint custody with the ability to dictate the residence of the children. Previously she had joint custody with limited, supervised visitation rights with residence dictated by Alex Jones.

It was a defeat for Alex Jones, who watched the verdict with a stoic expression and left promptly after the verdict without talking to reporters. Upon hearing the verdict, Kelly Jones dabbed her eyes with a tissue and hugged her lawyer, Robert Hoffman.

Moments later, Kelly Jones spoke briefly to the press, thanking God for the verdict.

"I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful support system, such a wonderful family and friends who stood beside me through all this, and I just pray that from what's happened to my family that people can really understand what parental alienation syndrome is and get an awareness about it, 'cause we could stop this from happening in future," she said.

We have to keep in mind that Alex Jones was a feature on local community cable long before Info Wars ever got going; the ranting and the crazy has been going on for a looooooong time.  Kelly Jones married this, had three kids with it and stayed married to it for a long time. As they say in this part of the country, There's no accounting for taste!  On that aspect alone, I can't completely give her a pass. 

Solely for the sake of these kids, I do truly and sincerely hope that mom is less crazy than she has been portrayed in the trial and that the kids are receiving  hard core therapy and can have a somewhat normal life.  

Alex Jones Dad bod? Ewwwwwwww! 

ETA: The jury definitely made the correct decision. Go, Jury! 

And Jones wasted no time getting down to business after the trial...

rawstory.com/2017/04/watch-alex-jones-holds-bonkers-press-conference-to-rip-reporters-and-warn-about-human-animal-chimeras/

Infowars founder Alex Jones called a press conference on Friday afternoon to lash out at reporters for their coverage of his child custody case and topped it off by ranting about Chobani yogurt and “human animal chimeras.”

Thursday night an Austin judge awarded custody of Jones’s children to his wife after more than a week of bizarre testimony about Jones’s personal habits and his conspiracy website persona.

With a gag order lifted, the Infowars pitchman reverted back to form on Friday, attacking the press before spinning off in odd directions to the amusement of reporters.

Jones later lashed out at reporters for not taking issues on Infowars seriously, including his worries about scientists reportedly injecting human cells into pigs,  telling the assembled reporters, “Do you have any idea how dangerous these human-animal chimeras are?” before telling reporters to “Google” it.

Haha yeah Google it will not lead you down a crazy rabbit hole at all. How anyone takes him seriously is a mystery to me, but damn if he doesn't cause me some good laughs.

• 4 months later...

Dear sweet Rufus!  Those kids are still living in the upside down backwards universe?  If they ever make it out of there the will be the walking breathing example of Stockholm Syndrome. 

Archived