IGNORED

Dillards 29 - Teaching Them to Make Piñatas

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Based on discussions on the Jessa thread about how she clearly doesn't love Henry as much and wants to leave him on a hillside to die because she doesn't have 80000 photos of him every day like she did with Spurgeon, I'd hazard that Jill's so busy chasing Israel around to make sure he doesn't tongue-kiss the oscillating fan or interact with brown children that she has little time to do Pinterest-y chalkboard updates for little Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

That's it. You've done it. I'm officially dead from laughter. Quite possibly from laughing while trying to eat a bagel - because choking. I hope you're proud of yourself. :pb_lol:

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Based on discussions on the Jessa thread about how she clearly doesn't love Henry as much and wants to leave him on a hillside to die because she doesn't have 80000 photos of him every day like she did with Spurgeon, I'd hazard that Jill's so busy chasing Israel around to make sure he doesn't tongue-kiss the oscillating fan or interact with brown children that she has little time to do Pinterest-y chalkboard updates for little Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

can i up vote this as THE post of the DAY -

Just imagine when she is pregnant with number 5 in three years.... we will lucky if we get a blog which we can criticize 

By then Derick will have no hair and Jill will be eating butter out a can - oh wait hasn't she done that ?

Just read a long but really interesting article on a health crisis among poor laborers in El Salvador.  So not only do they have to deal with sudden kidney disease, climate change, poverty, and volcanoes, they have to deal with Duggars. 

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170418-climate-change-is-turning-dehydration-into-a-deadly-disease

I am pro-pinata. I had one at my rehearsal dinner and it was a great icebreaker for out-of-town guests on both sides.

Did anyone see the latest blog update?
Jill says the local women refer to the baby as "Samuelito" (i.e. Samuel) . . . uh, did she accidentally name drop??

7 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

Jill says the local women refer to the baby as "Samuelito" (i.e. Samuel) . . . uh, did she accidentally name drop??

she said it on people.com - she is in home stretch and she might name him that

10 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

Maybe she didn't realize that Samuelito is a form of Samuel and didn't think anyone else would :pb_lol:

I thought they were going to name them after biblical places, Israel, Bethlehem, Sodom, Gomorrah, etc.

Off to the prayer closet.:devilish:

27 minutes ago, nst said:

she said it on people.com - she is in home stretch and she might name him that

Ah I missed it over on People.com, thanks!  She also said it on their ministry site (for anybody who wants to read the latest ;) ) ~ highlight quote: "Little “Samuelito” (as the locals call him) sometimes wakes mommy up at night now with his active kicking." 

Hmmmm, first Spurgeon, then Henry.  First Israel, then Samuel.  I wonder if the backlash to different/unique names was a deciding factor??

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Oh, I hope they really do go with Samuel... lovely name.

I like Samuel, too. Perhaps their "theme" will be names with the element "el" in them. Israel, Samuel, Daniel, Ariel, Emmanuel, Ezekiel, etc. 

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I like Samuel, too. Perhaps their "theme" will be names with the element "el" in them. Israel, Samuel, Daniel, Ariel, Emmanuel, Ezekiel, etc. 

-El means god, so it would be a fitting theme for them. TBH I never thought their theme was going to be places. Mostly because of "Selah." I think they're just going for first testament names

6 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

-El means god, so it would be a fitting theme for them. TBH I never thought their theme was going to be places. Mostly because of "Selah." I think they're just going for first testament names

Maybe they will have different themes for boys and girls? Hopefully nothing too outrageous. 

I was totally reading Samuelito as Samuel Alito. Just imagining Jill trying to homeschool a Princeton-educated Supreme Court justice.

Also, I know that Jill doesn't mean it in a bad way, but "pray for our continued health" right after mentioning a woman who very well may not live to see her child grow up and a man who died from kidney failure likely induced by overwork (if the BBC is correct) just comes off as really, really selfish and tone-deaf.

7 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I thought JIll was the Duggarette that declared she would not be following a "theme" when naming her kiddos.

She might be going with that intention, but maybe Derek wants to? 

And what her headship wants, her headship gets
*HUMONGOUS EYE ROLL THAT MAKES ME SEE MY BRAIN*

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I was totally reading Samuelito as Samuel Alito. Just imagining Jill trying to homeschool a Princeton-educated Supreme Court justice.

Also, I know that Jill doesn't mean it in a bad way, but "pray for our continued health" right after mentioning a woman who very well may not live to see her child grow up and a man who died from kidney failure likely induced by overwork (if the BBC is correct) just comes off as really, really selfish and tone-deaf.

I think tone-deaf might as well be Jill's middle name. I mean she's in another country converting christians to christianity, acting intellectually superior despite her abysmal education, and teaching them "life skills" despite having non herself.

On 18/4/2017 at 4:39 AM, Bethella said:

The contrast from her first pregnancy is really striking, I've been worrying a bit too.

I kinda miss those weekly updates with pics she did during her first pregnancy.

5 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I think tone-deaf might as well be Jill's middle name. I mean she's in another country converting christians to christianity, acting intellectually superior despite her abysmal education, and teaching them "life skills" despite having non herself.

perhaps she meant her and Samuel because what normal woman would go to SCA highly pregnant and highly risk 

14 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Fine - so do I because I am the picture queen 

I have a theory she does them in front of the mountains with a crown on her head and in the glow of the mood forgets to post them. 

years later she will release them and we wont' know which child she was referencing in her glow of womanhood 

think Demi Moore :D 

52 minutes ago, Pukingpearl said:

In the people article, Jill articulates that she has no idea what she's doing as a parent. 

can you choke on air 

I just watched the clip TLCMe posted/ the People article yall were referring to upthread.

Jill's eyeliner looks terrible, she looks washed out, exhausted and about 10 years older than she is.

Derick is such a mush mouth, which makes his CONSTANT interruption of Jill even more irritating, because when he opens his mouth, he's mumbling some nonsense about how Israel is "manipulative" because of his "human nature", like for gods sake dude, we know! We are all human, we are all sinners, even at the age of 2 years old, like your son. But seriously, you have nothing else to say about your kid? Apart from it's "neat to watch him develop", um DURRRRRRR of course it is, what a plain and obvious answer, the kind of response a babysitter could give who has watched him 3 times in the past 6 months, oh wait....that is what you do when you babysit your son!!

I'm sorry, I hate Derick, he's fugly, mush-mouthed, self-righteous, rude and interrupts Jill all the time, and looks like a miserable kill joy.
Ugh.

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

I don't. That being said, I hope it's not a sign that she's less excited about this one. At the end of those pictures, it was like "I get it, you're massive." 

3 hours ago, Pukingpearl said:

In the people article, Jill articulates that she has no idea what she's doing as a parent. 

To be fair, most parents don't know what they're doing the first time around. And even on the second or third or whatever number kid, it can be tough. Because each kid is unique and what works with one might not work as well with another kid - even if you are the most hardcore blanket training asshole.

(Not saying Jill is. Just pointing out that even using the most severe tactics can have different outcomes for different kids. I think Jessa may be a decent example of that - she's the one most often labeled stubborn, despite the fact that she may have grown up under pretty strict circumstances. Compare her to Jill, who isn't much older, but who seems absolutely desperate for approval and to please their parents at all times.)

2 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

I'm sorry, I hate Derick, he's fugly, mush-mouthed, self-righteous, rude and interrupts Jill all the time, and looks like a miserable kill joy.
Ugh.

Bonus points for the use of "fugly." :pb_lol: I love that word.

I'm betting Samuel Robert or Samuel James then, because no way Jillymuffin doesn't name one of her impending arrows after Boob. 

29 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I think Jessa may be a decent example of that - she's the one most often labeled stubborn, despite the fact that she may have grown up under pretty strict circumstances. Compare her to Jill, who isn't much older, but who seems absolutely desperate for approval and to please their parents at all times.)

you are right, cause at least with Jessa I have the feeling she actually loves her kids and being a mum (besides Henry, which has been established above :)

If I wouldn't think Jillymuffin is such an dimwit (just like her Husband, who's even worse) I'd feel bad for her. But seriously. I only feel bad for Izzy. He didn't have a say in this.

And now I shall part, the banana bread is ready :D

Edited because I didn't make sense.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived