IGNORED

Breeding Like Bunnies: Upcoming Babies 7

Bethella

Callie Ann and Calena?? That's getting into Joy-Anna/Johanna territory.  I'm amazed to see a third syllable emerge at Camp Buttermilk when a multitude of female names are still on the table that wouldn't require such a departure from the naming scheme. I guess this means that girls get as many syllables as necessary, but that their names must start with "Cal"? Ugh. 

Callista, Calliope, Calla... Callulah?? 

Hopefully, it's another baker's dozen of boys before they have to attempt another girl's name.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Is this her 8th or 9th?

I think it's her 8th: Clint, Clay, Cade, Callie, Cash, Colt, Case and now Calena. 

Try saying those names five times in a row, as fast as possible :my_biggrin:

How old is Courtney?

Calena? Is that even a name? It looks like she made something up, liked the name Alina or Lena or some such but "needed" to stick with her C theme.  And yeah, Callie and Calena are way too similar.  Sigh.  I will never understand fundies and their name trends.

6 hours ago, Dutch_girl said:

I think it's her 8th: Clint, Clay, Cade, Callie, Cash, Colt, Case and now Calena. 

Try saying those names five times in a row, as fast as possible :my_biggrin:

How old is Courtney?

I'm not sure of her exact age, but I think she's in her early 30s. 

Courtney turned 33 on April 14th. She's this is her 8th child, and she's had 2 miscarriages. She's been pregnant 9 times in less than 9 years. 

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Courtney turned 33 on April 14th. She's this is her 8th child, and she's had 2 miscarriages. She's been pregnant 9 times in less than 9 years. 

I am guessing she will have 12. 

Cleo, Clea, Clara, Claire, Chloe...  Co-signing that she probably wanted Lena but had to keep with the theme...

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am guessing she will have 12. 

At least. If she's fertile past 40 (I'm guessing she will be), then probably 15 or so. 

9 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

At least. If she's fertile past 40 (I'm guessing she will be), then probably 15 or 20. 

I'm being morbid here.... but as you age, the chances of miscarriage are higher. So I think she will have more than 4 more pregnancies :-( I guess it is just part of big family life. The more pregnancies you have, the more likely you are to have more miscarriages along with children. I would be stunned if there was a fundie with 10 kids and not a single miscarriage. Michelle Duggar only had 2 out five 19 pregnancies. That's pretty remarkable. 

5 hours ago, meee said:

Calena? Is that even a name? It looks like she made something up, liked the name Alina or Lena or some such but "needed" to stick with her C theme.  And yeah, Callie and Calena are way too similar.  Sigh.  I will never understand fundies and their name trends.

Yes, it's a real name from Greece, just not very common.

12 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Callie Ann and Calena?? That's getting into Joy-Anna/Johanna territory.  I'm amazed to see a third syllable emerge at Camp Buttermilk when a multitude of female names are still on the table that wouldn't require such a departure from the naming scheme.

Maybe they pronounce it "Cal-na"?

It's posted over in the Little People Big World thread, Tori Roloff had her baby, Jackson Kyle born May 12.

14 hours ago, anjulibai said:

At least. If she's fertile past 40 (I'm guessing she will be), then probably 15 or so. 

I'm with you. I think she will definitely hit 15, and frankly, your original typo wouldn't surprise me (20). She hasn't slowed down since marrying. Barring unforeseen troubles, Courtney is likely to have babies for another 10 years. Even if she doesn't have another set of twins, at her current rate, she could easily reach 16-17 by the age of 43. And that's without factoring in the possibility of another time saving Callie-style premature delivery followed by an immediate new pregnancy. This is a woman who has achieved the dubious distinction of having all but her first and last children qualify as "Irish twins".

I've also added Esther (Keller) Shrader, due in December with #11

Courtney is really really fertile. It's good that she wasn't married off younger. Otherwise she could have give Kelly and Michelle a run for their money.

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm being morbid here.... but as you age, the chances of miscarriage are higher. So I think she will have more than 4 more pregnancies :-( I guess it is just part of big family life. The more pregnancies you have, the more likely you are to have more miscarriages along with children. I would be stunned if there was a fundie with 10 kids and not a single miscarriage. Michelle Duggar only had 2 out five 19 pregnancies. That's pretty remarkable. 

My friend is currently on number nine with no miscarriages. But in general, I agree with you. 

7 hours ago, Bethella said:

I've also added Esther (Keller) Shrader, due in December with #11

This made me shudder. Man I wish they would just stop already. That guy can't convert anyone in Africa so he just creates congregants the old fashioned way :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

11 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I'm with you. I think she will definitely hit 15, and frankly, your original typo wouldn't surprise me (20). She hasn't slowed down since marrying. Barring unforeseen troubles, Courtney is likely to have babies for another 10 years. Even if she doesn't have another set of twins, at her current rate, she could easily reach 16-17 by the age of 43. And that's without factoring in the possibility of another time saving Callie-style premature delivery followed by an immediate new pregnancy. This is a woman who has achieved the dubious distinction of having all but her first and last children qualify as "Irish twins".

I calculated it, and Courtney had to conceive end of August, beginning of September last year. She miscarried some time that summer, so she barely had time to recover from her miscarriage before she was pregnant again. 

I really wish her husband would leave her alone. 

3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I calculated it, and Courtney had to conceive end of August, beginning of September last year. She miscarried some time that summer, so she barely had time to recover from her miscarriage before she was pregnant again. 

I really wish her husband would leave her alone. 

I went to look up the prayer letter where they mentioned the miscarriage- it was from October, although we don't know when it actually took place. They had announced in April. I noticed that the picture and names listed on the side bar is from when they only had two children, they haven't updated it since late 2011/early 2012. I also noticed that they list Courtney's birthday as April 4 not April 14- do you know where you got that date?

5 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I went to look up the prayer letter where they mentioned the miscarriage- it was from October, although we don't know when it actually took place. They had announced in April. I noticed that the picture and names listed on the side bar is from when they only had two children, they haven't updated it since late 2011/early 2012. I also noticed that they list Courtney's birthday as April 4 not April 14- do you know where you got that date?

No idea where I got her birthday as April 14 - it's either a typo in my spreadsheet or I guessed based on something I saw online. Been a while since I created that part. 

Calena's birth was announced on May 10 of this year, so if I take that as Calena's birthday, then going back 40 weeks is August 3rd (that's generally 1st day of last menstral period). Since Courtney is usually early with her births, that puts conception in August or September. 

I don't remember where I read Courtney miscarried in summer of last year, but given the announcement in April and the conception in Aug/Sept., it must have been sometime that summer. 

Calena doesn't look too  like a premie in her picture, or even that small for a newborn, so I think I'm okay with assuming about full term. Courtney had to have been pregnant when that prayer letter came out in October. Strange that they wouldn't mention it. 

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Calena doesn't look too  like a premie in her picture, or even that small for a newborn, so I think I'm okay with assuming about full term. Courtney had to have been pregnant when that prayer letter came out in October. Strange that they wouldn't mention it. 

Opps, I just noticed the letter was posted here in October but published in August, so she wouldn't have been pregnant then (or at least wouldn't have known yet).

I thought I remembered an August date for the letter, and was mildly surprised to see October mentioned. It's nice to know that I actually remembered a detail like that accurately, for once!

It's safe to say that she was either not pregnant, or didn't know that she was pregnant at the time it was posted. But even if she'd delayed that letter until she knew she was pregnant again, it would have been understandable to keep the news private if she felt that an announcement may diminish the impact of the post about the loss. She pulled her Instagram feed around the time of the loss, and set much of her online presence back to private. I seem to remember that she pruned her followers as well. Whatever the circumstances, it seems as though she was deeply affected by the miscarriage, maybe even more so than the first.

Courtney is nearly super-humanly fertile. I don't know if it's a case of her husband needing to leave her alone, or maybe if she needs to leave him alone. She used to post pictures of Victoria's Secrets bags in her "shopping hauls", so I think maybe they are both equally dedicated to the mission of Occupy Courtney's Uterus. That's reassuring on the one hand (yay for willing and equally interested partners in fundyland), but on the other, it's likely contributing to her inability to go more than a single season without being actively pregnant.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived