IGNORED

John Shrader Part 11 - God's Grifter Falling Apart

Coconut Flan

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's an impossible dream, but my wish for Esther is that she somehow gets free of John, marries a nice, normal, educated Zambian man who loves her, with an extended family who loves the children and helps raise them. The kids probably feel like Zambia is home now, and they'd be better off there than back in the manufactured poverty of fundieland. They would get an education and get to be normal kids, and probably have plenty to eat.
I know, I know. But I can dream & wish really really hard.

Where are you all getting this new info? I don't see any new FB updates since yesterday? 

And who is handia? One of johns followers?

im sorry. I just read the comments on his latest post. Damn. Good for the people telling him off for his superiority/White savior complex!

I was sure Mark was one of us but don't think so based on his friends. I do think they read here. Handia, if you read here please feel free to join the conversation!

33 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I was sure Mark was one of us but don't think so based on his friends. I do think they read here. Handia, if you read here please feel free to join the conversation!

If Handia doesn't read here, I absolutely love him for using the word "grifter" as a descriptor for Shrader! :) (And even if he does read here...) 

Whoever this Mark guy is, I think must be a friend of one of John's brothers. 

But he has him pegged. 

IMG_0234.PNG

IMG_0233.PNG

John frequently reminds me so much of my diagnosed NPD ex, despite them having about the most different backgrounds imaginable (I mean, in the present day U.S.). They are both such self-important drama queens, even when they're on "repentant" mode. John, you're not the "chief of all sinners", you're just a regular shitty person. Very shitty, yes, but not fantastically, majestically so. Try getting the hell over yourself a tiny bit once in a while if you want to take a small step toward being less shitty.

But no, because he thinks he's too special to make small steps in any direction ever. The one thing these emotional vampires will NEVER be, in their own minds, is average.

11 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

So I went to the only facebook I could find for David rea and couldn't see anything past 2017...

If you share mutual friends with him you can see his page. A local IFB supports Rea so I have some mutual friends. Rea doesn't seem to accept friend requests from total strangers like John does, which is a wise idea. 

4 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

John, you're not the "chief of all sinners", you're just a regular shitty person. Very shitty, yes, but not fantastically, majestically so.

That is the thing with John, even in attempting to be humble, he has to be proud. He can't just be a regular old sinner, no he has to be a special chief sinner. John is proud of his sin status. He loves to brag about how sinful he is, that is what all those long "I am so terrible" posts are about. John wouldn't know humility if it slapped him in the face. 

35 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

That is the thing with John, even in attempting to be humble, he has to be proud. He can't just be a regular old sinner, no he has to be a special chief sinner. John is proud of his sin status. He loves to brag about how sinful he is, that is what all those long "I am so terrible" posts are about. John wouldn't know humility if it slapped him in the face. 

Yes, and I think this is what some people who are fortunate enough to never have interacted with narcissists might find counterintuitive. The narcissist can't just be a god among men 100% of the time. They have to fail occasionally. But because they're so unbelievably outstanding in every possible way, they have to fail big, too. Who cares about the person who realized they were being kinda rude, and quietly made an effort to change it? No one. Not even Satan, and if Satan isn't constantly putting up a huge fight against you at every moment, you are clearly not worthy.

I don't use the term "emotional vampire" remotely in jest. This type of person is absolutely soul-sucking. I feel awful for Esther, all of their kids, and anyone else who has become ensnared in his web. (And if any of you read here, I will repeat the message of others that we'd love to have you join in if you want. Not just for the juicy details. Even if you don't want to share any details at all.)

Wow.  Mark is kicking butt on John's Facebook.  He seems to have got John's measure.  John can only cite Roderick and Boyd as witnesses in his favor.

And John is commenting on Handia's Facebook.  In response to someone asking Handia who the narcissitic leader was, John responds, "He is referring to me, heartbreakingly... "  The other guy says, "Well I don't know you. So doesn't really matter."  Ouch.

Then:

Handia Mwisho Get a hold of yourself.

John Esther Shrader Delete all you want. God sees and knows.

Handia Mwisho Oh yes he does

Handia Mwisho All the way to your incompetence to pastor he sees.

Like · Reply · 24 mins

Go, Handia!  Tell it like it is.

Go Handia!

Im glad that the members of John's church are wising up.

I feel for Esther, because she isn't in a place to leave him, with a whole pile of kids (ten now, isn't there?) and no work experience and only basic education, thousands of miles from her family.

Wow. Just...wow. All I gotta say is, Go Handia, go Mark! :clap:  And please, God, let someone be there to help Esther while her husband is being even more useless than usual.:pray:

Haven't been keeping up on John's shenanigans lately.  Not surprised that it's all falling apart but I am surprised that it took this long.   John is an obvious example of a missionary doing no good to the population he's supposed to serve, in fact, what he's been doing has been downright harmful.

Feel for Esther and the kids, being stuck in a foreign country and dependent on a husband / father who is losing it.  I hope Daddy Schrader can come to his senses and just get them all back home.  That's the only way that I can see, don't depend on the idiot Keller parents to do anything, as pointed out before, they did nada with Joshgate.    Maybe the siblings can help but who knows if they can come up with the $$$ to get Esther and the kids out of there.

And the Rea parents?  I have no words.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Wow.  Mark is kicking butt on John's Facebook.  He seems to have got John's measure.  John can only cite Roderick and Boyd as witnesses in his favor.

And John is commenting on Handia's Facebook.  In response to someone asking Handia who the narcissitic leader was, John responds, "He is referring to me, heartbreakingly... "  The other guy says, "Well I don't know you. So doesn't really matter."  Ouch.

Then:

Go, Handia!  Tell it like it is.

Gadanga!  Handia is handing John's ass to him on a platter.  I wonder if the breaking point was John  being a disruptive/deranged asshole at funerals.  I truly hopes Handia reads here and wish him the best.  

Handia Mwisho: Get a hold of yourself.

This confirms to me that FJ's take that there is some serious disintegration going on with John, or as someone upthread noted, "decompensation". 

2 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

The narcissist can't just be a god among men 100% of the time. They have to fail occasionally. But because they're so unbelievably outstanding in every possible way, they have to fail big, too.

• I am no hero. 
  • I am not worthy to serve the Lord.
  • I am worthy of death. 

@Coy Koi, you nailed it! 

Now John claims he is being persecuted for the sake of Christ. Leave Jesus out of this John, this is all you. You are reaping what you sowed. 

55 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Now John claims he is being persecuted for the sake of Christ. Leave Jesus out of this John, this is all you. You are reaping what you sowed. 

But, but, John is chief among sinners, which, to humble-brag sinner John,  entitles him to special snowflake status with God.  God isn't coming through and special snowflake John fears he's melting.  It's a problem. 

I'm very worried about those kids and Esther. They are in a foreign country, with their only support being handouts from their home church and the locals.   John does not provide a stable source of income from a job.

I'm not sure what John was expecting when he arrived in Zambia. White savoir complex maybe. 

But yes, he can melt his way out of Zambia.  Those kids and Esther deserve so much better in a father and husband. 

Humanitarian Airfare offers reduced fares for missionaries and humanitarian aid workers, but they don't quote fares on line and you need to book many months ahead.  The main airport would be in Lusaka, but Livingston would work as well.  

One of the online calculators one-way from Lusaka, Zambia to Houston (John's dad's church is in Katy,  just outside of Houston) is about $6,500, but the calculator only goes up to 9 children, so add in another kid. That's getting close to $7,000.  It's also a long flight, around 36 to 42 hours.  I randomly selected May 15 as the flight date. 

@Gobsmacked said: 

Has John mentioned his pretend college recently?

I'm intrigued, so tell us more: Which college and why would he mention it?

What would happen if John loses it completely?  Like if he needs to be removed from the home and placed under medical supervision?  I imagine that Zambia's mental health care system is underfunded and overworked, like in most other countries.  It doesn't seem fair that they'd have to devote precious resources to help the likes of John Shrader.  Will they sedate him and put him on the next plane to the USA?

What would happen to Esther and the kids?  The best thing at that point would be for them to return to the States, but who is going to pay for it?  And what about the kids who were born in Zambia?  @Grimalkin brought up an excellent point about passports.  How could the family return in a hurry if the two youngest don't have passports?

John better get himself under control, if possible.  Then they need to do everything they can to be ready to return as soon as possible.  John's inflicted enough damage on Zambia and it's time to leave as if Satan himself was nipping at his heels.

This comment was left on John's April 1 (!) fb post, Village Ministry in Luangwa District - Final Full Day

Of course, John did not respond.  Of course he didn't.

Screenshot 2017-04-10 at 11.10.53 AM.png

This makes me think that John is being monitored carefully by other missionaries in the area, especially those who are offering medical and other types of assistance.  Previously, John was made aware of another mission that offered air support and John didn't respond to that, either.  
John has mentioned that he has "self pastored" for quite some time.  I'm not a psychiatrist and don't play one on TV, but it seems that at least some narcissists would be prone to a Lone Wolf approach to their endeavors. 

John scares the day lights out of me.  I could him heading home and "forgetting" to bring Esther and the kids home with him.

He is such a narcissistic ass.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived