IGNORED

Taryn does not disappoint

Hisey

If she looked into the history of Ring Around the Rosie

There are other interpretations but this one seems to be a logical one. That said, Taryn wouldn't know logic if it bit her on the butt.

Snopes seems to disagree with that http://www.snopes.com/language/literary/rosie.asp

Interesting that there is a version that mentioned "Josie" though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truthfully, I think taryn is saying she understands that Psalm 30:11 says dancing is good, but she knows better. *snerk*

Oh, that is a scary thought, indeed.

Ok now I'm going to have to make sure I get some grandchildren soon just so I can use these lyrics.

I do have a grandchild, and these lyrics are entering the oeuvre immediately!

I called my sister and she agrees with me that you should not sing the ABC song to little children. The part that goes H-I-J-K stands for "hell is Jesus' kingdom." Also, it makes reference to Sesame Street and bodily functions (Elmo's Pee). Sesame Street is bad because it has a talking bird and a grouch, neither of these are in the Bible (KJV). I like root beer floats. PBS is funded by tax-payer's dollars, this is wrong "give onto God what is god and give onto ceasar what is ceasar's (Jesus, NT, KJV, free download Kindle). I don't let my nephew (2 1/2) watch my cat use the litter box, it is crude. I do like to sign Mary Had a Little Lamb, children are the lambs of god (kj).

:clap: :lol: What's sad is that it's so realistic! ;)

I called my sister and she agrees with me that you should not sing the ABC song to little children. The part that goes H-I-J-K stands for "hell is Jesus' kingdom." Also, it makes reference to Sesame Street and bodily functions (Elmo's Pee). Sesame Street is bad because it has a talking bird and a grouch, neither of these are in the Bible (KJV). I like root beer floats. PBS is funded by tax-payer's dollars, this is wrong "give onto God what is god and give onto ceasar what is ceasar's (Jesus, NT, KJV, free download Kindle). I don't let my nephew (2 1/2) watch my cat use the litter box, it is crude. I do like to sign Mary Had a Little Lamb, children are the lambs of god (kj).

:lol:

Come on, what's wrong with dancing? In the Bible dancing happens all the time - from the Psalms to Mary to the child in Elizabeth's womb...okay, maybe they didn't do any hip swaying. :doh:

Taryn said...

I see Marabel Morgan's book on the side. I remember when that first came out. I prefer Mary Pride's books, The Way Home and All the Way Home that have chapters on that subject. I like the blue glassware but I saw something on our local tv about a Consumer Reports investigation into exploding glassware. It seems the old glass formula was better than the new. I wonder if that applies to the blue glassware.

Spreading her love at Candy's site.

Has Taryn ever actually clarified her ardent objection to birthday candles?

Also, I love this woman. Every post I savour like I'm tucking into a classic of literature.

Once did a round of "Wheels on the bus' for my nephew. It had such lines as 'and the captain on the bus said 'beam me up, beam me up' ' and the Colonel on the bus said dial the gate, dial the gate' or such ditties as 'the zombies on the buss said 'brains brains brains'. I bet those would not go over well with fundies. But us nerds like 'em.

...I think I love you.

Dear Self: no you are not allowed to use the above verses during your next storytime.

Twinkle, twinkle little star.

How I wonder what you are?

Up above the world so high

Like a diamond in the sky

Twinkle, twinkle little star.

How I wonder what you are!

How is that wishing? There's no wish. It's freakin' star-gazing. It's looking at a star and thinking, "Huh. Wonder what that thing is made of?" It's not wishing or hoping anything. It's scientific observation and curiosity.

OH NO!!! :shock: Don't do THAT! It may lead to... DANCING!!! :roll:

Well, that explains everything! :D

Yup. While I was a bit old for Elmo, I was on board with the giant talking bird, Archie Bunker popping out of a garbage can and of course, that ambiguously gay couple, Bert and Ernie. DOOMED TO HELL, I'm telling ya! My younger brother who got more Elmo exposure, so I don't see any hope for him, even if Jeebus says it's okay that he watched SS as a child. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

How is that wishing? There's no wish. It's freakin' star-gazing. It's looking at a star and thinking, "Huh. Wonder what that thing is made of?" It's not wishing or hoping anything. It's scientific observation and curiosity.

OH NO!!! :shock: Don't do THAT! It may lead to... DANCING!!! :roll:

Even worse, it might lead to learning.

here's our dear Taryn's comment on zsuzsu's latest post:

Taryn said...

I cried when our youngest turned 10 and I cried-sobbed-at our oldest son's wedding rehearsal like it was a funeral. We have the same kitchen cabinets.

September 28, 2011 3:48 PM

Taryn said...

I cried when our youngest turned 10 and I cried-sobbed-at our oldest son's wedding rehearsal like it was a funeral. We have the same kitchen cabinets.

I want to know what goes on in Taryn's head.

Or maybe she just doesn't know how to use paragraphs in her writing.

Taryn said...

:lol: I love Taryn. I know there's people that think Taryn is made up, but I just don't know how anyone could come up with this sort of comment. If she is made up, and the person behind Taryn is reading here, you are a genius. I bow to your comedic talent and timing. AMAZING.

Taryn said...

A-fucking-mazing.

Don't you wish she had a blog?

Taryn said...

Taryn. My life is richer for having known you.

Archived