IGNORED

Year of Polygamy podcast

I've been really enjoying the Year of Polygamy podcast recently and highly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject. The woman who does it has done some great interviews lately, including a recent one with a current FLDS member. I'd be really curious to see what you all think of that one in particular, because there were definitely moments that annoyed me because it seemed to glorify the FLDS. 

I've liked the early podcasts on the wives of Joseph Smith but I haven't had time to listen to anything recently.

• 2 months later...

As mentioned in the Lyle Jeffs thread, I'm going to start listening, starting at the top.  This is a real treasure trove of information and experiences! 

5 hours ago, Howl said:

As mentioned in the Lyle Jeffs thread, I'm going to start listening, starting at the top.  This is a real treasure trove of information and experiences! 

It's a really great and informative podcast! Sooo much history. 

That was my first pod cast.  I just listened to it on the Web page sound bar.  Now I've got to figure out how to download and listen on my phone. 

• 8 months later...

Someone mentioned this podcast recently on another thread (don't recall where) and I just listened to the episode featuring Brady Williams of "My Five Wives" yesterday...I have to admit that, of all of the polygamists on all of the shows over the past few years, he and his family were my favorites, and I actually find him quite appealing (intellectually, emotionally and physically). 

This interview from last year includes his thoughts on the concept of "progressive/feminist polygamy," and though I'm an childfree-by-choice atheist and can't imagine sharing a husband or having any (much less a passel of) kids, I liked what he had to say about the destructiveness of patriarchy and fundamentalism. 

Looking forward to listening to other episodes of the podcast, as I find the topic interesting.

Just reporting back; have listened to several more episodes, including the two-parter about polygamy deniers, and am really enjoying the podcast. If you're interested in this topic - either historical polygamy or modern-day, definitely check this out.

I’ve been listening for a few months. I’m on episode 110 about the UEP. It’s helping me understand my ancestors perspective on how they lived polygamy.

• 5 months later...

This year has been particularly difficult for me and both Free Jinger and the YoP podcast have provided great distractions. After first listening to quite a few recent episodes, I have gone back to the beginning, and have really enjoyed it. (Incidently, I have no connection to Mormonism; just love history, and the sociology of religion, and women's rights, so this stuff is fascinating to me.) 

Archived