IGNORED

James Dobson wants people to shoot trans women in the bathroom

34 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Re: Squat Toilet

What happens if one happens to have explosive diarrhea, or their urine stream comes out with force and splashes?  Is there toilet paper available to clean yourself and the toilet?

Also, what about people who are physically unable to get themselves into a squatting position? 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He Dr. Dipshit, get a clue please.  Allowing or not allowing a trans person to use the woman's room has no bearing on some "strange looking" man walking in. That would be pervert, you know kind of like you. A trans person just wants to pee.

I say that if someone is concerned about the genitals of the person peeing next to them, that person is the pervert, not the trans person using the bathroom of the gender they identify with. I've also used the men's room on occasion when the lines for the women's one were extremely long. This asshole would have a fit if he found out that my city now has a law requiring single stall bathrooms to say they're single gender ones, instead of being for either gender.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:20 AM, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Personally I am a fan of squat toilets in public places, quite common here and as a woman I very much prefer them, much more hygienic imho. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_toilet

I used to be fine with squatting when camping, however I'm too creaking for that now.  I am in need of a knee replacement and my hips are not much better.  I'd tip over if I tried to pee that way.

Not crapping on the idea of the Squat Toilet, but what about the people who can't use one?  Are there other facilities available?  Do they wear diapers when they leave the house, or just stay home?  Is is easy to exchange a Squat Toilet for a Sitting Toilet in a private home, or does the waste pipe need to be changed or retrofitted somehow?

Let's flip the script. What if a transman went into the men's bathroom? Should wives shoot transmen?

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

What happens if one happens to have explosive diarrhea, or their urine stream comes out with force and splashes?  Is there toilet paper available to clean yourself and the toilet?

Er, yes.  Loo paper is provided.  Although some French loos, in the dim and distant past, had a dragon lady who handed out a few squares for an exorbitant fee.  You also had to walk through the men's facility before you got to the squat loo.  I was never molested or attacked on my way ...

A squat loo has places for your feet.  Even if you are suffering extreme discomfort you should be able to aim avoid the foot places and your derriere will stay clean.

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Also, what about people who are physically unable to get themselves into a squatting position? 

I couldn't do it these days either (rotten knees), although they used to be my preferred option.

And, this may be TMI, but I spent years with extraordinarily painful periods. I regularly puked from pain on day one.  It was a very bad day when I ran into a squat loo at Nairobi airport (there were the western type available, I just picked the wrong one) and had to puke accurately and tidily into the squat!

I managed.  It did take concentration.

On 4/6/2017 at 0:27 PM, Georgiana said:

You have to really try to show someone your genitalia in the ladies room.  And if you are doing so, I will call the police on you even if you have the finest and most perfect lady-bits in all the land.  

You have to really try to check what genitalia others have in the ladies room.  And if you are trying to look at other people's parts, I will also call the police on you even if you are anointed by God himself.  

Both those things are crimes.  They are ESPECIALLY crimes if you have a weapon and are using it to intimidate people into allowing you to commit those crimes on them.  

I'm not worried about the transwoman trying to pee.  I'm worried about the cis man who is trying to use a gun to get women to show their genitals for his inspection.  

Also, I'm a cis woman who has used men's rooms.  Absolutely 0 people were harmed in these incidents, but I feel that this is far more of a transgression than a trans person using a restroom they identify with.  Why is no one protecting the vulnerable menfolk from rogue pee-ers like me?!?

I'm also a ciswoman who's used men's restrooms. Nobody was harmed, nobody looked at me twice, I just found a stall. In the time that this was in a room that men occupied...Nobody cared. They were busy. 

Just like in the women's bathrooms. People are busy and don't generally notice someone going in to use the restroom as intended.

We are just checking out of a hotel. I popped into lobby loo, washing hands, turned around to see Mr G-S stood looking aghast. He had just wondered In to ladies washroom!!!!! 

Wish i could have caught his expression on camera!!:laughing-rolling:

Thankfully we are in Canada, no one guarding washroom with gun and Fundie badge.

6 hours ago, Flossie said:

I don't know why you'd think that tp isn't provided, even after using a squat toilet your need to clean yourself. Anyway just to be clear, it's usually provided. Nevertheless, I (like every girl and woman I know) was taught as a child to always bring a package of paper tissues just in case, because if you have it you won't need it but that time you forget it the tp will surely be missing (a well known corollary of Murphy's law). Regarding the diarrhoea and pee question, the place you need to aim at isn't that little and gravity helps, also if you put some bits of tp in place before doing what you need to do it will prevent spurts from going out of the flushing area. Should accidents happen you just need to warn whoever is responsible for keeping the toilets clean that the toilet needs to be sanitised. If this doesn't happen immediately the next person won't be as grossed out as he/she would be by a dirty sitting toilet since they won't have to touch it.

6 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Answering just for my country and EU. There should always be a bathroom specific to meet the needs of disabled people (higher removable sitting place, bar handles, space for a wheelchair etc), it's required by law for all public places. Anyway a minor physical restraint won't bar you from successfully using a squatting toilet. I have very short heel tendons and can't really squat, but I never had any problems with placing myself comfortably. Aim was never a problem too, there's plenty of space for it to be easy.

I think it's mostly a cultural difference. I (and every Italian girl I ever met) was brainwashed as a child by my mother into never ever for no reason ever touch those nasty places that come into contact with everyone's asses and (probably) body fluids without being properly sanitised in between. So every Italian woman I ever met will do her best and then something to avoid sitting on a public toilet. I don't know if you ever tried to do your business trying to not to touch a sitting toilet, but I can assure you the position is extremely uncomfortable and aiming results can be poor.

5 hours ago, Flossie said:

Not crapping on the idea of the Squat Toilet, but what about the people who can't use one?  Are there other facilities available?  Do they wear diapers when they leave the house, or just stay home?  Is is easy to exchange a Squat Toilet for a Sitting Toilet in a private home, or does the waste pipe need to be changed or retrofitted somehow?

I have never seen a squat toilet in a private home, just in public places. And just to be clear squat toilets, despite being the absolute favourite with most women, are declining in numbers in favor of sitting ones. Most Italian schools are old buildings though and you can always find a squat toilet somewhere, luckily or I wouldn't have survived high school. 

I'm fascinated by this toilet conversation. Seriously. I don't quite understand how it works from the aiming perspective and kind of wish I knew of one to see how it all works. From the pictures, I feel like I would have to take my pants all the way off to avoid peeing on them or my shoes. It's interesting how culture informs damn near everything we do - even bathroom things!

25 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'm fascinated by this toilet conversation. Seriously. I don't quite understand how it works from the aiming perspective and kind of wish I knew of one to see how it all works. From the pictures, I feel like I would have to take my pants all the way off to avoid peeing on them or my shoes. It's interesting how culture informs damn near everything we do - even bathroom things!

Nah, you wouldn't, rolling them at knees height is fine. You may have problems only if you have very short legs, not normal short like me (I'm 5ft) but like my 4yo, combined with a good dose of clumsiness, again not like short tendons me but like my inexperienced 4yo. It's mostly a matter of practice.

ETA you have to take a wide stance (not DPIAT wide, that's too much) on your feet. It helps your aim and avoids accidents on your shoes and pants. Also you actually have to take it to avoid stepping into the toilet.

@laPapessaGiovanna, I was in no way talking shit - I've just never seen one and am basing my theories on peeing in the woods while off roading or hiking - something I've never gotten the hang of. I usually end up finding a rock that serves as a prop. I wasn't joking about wanting to try one so I could understand. 

Also, Dobson is an asshole who can fuck right off with his trans hate.

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

@laPapessaGiovanna, I was in no way talking shit - I've just never seen one and am basing my theories on peeing in the woods while off roading or hiking - something I've never gotten the hang of. I usually end up finding a rock that serves as a prop. I wasn't joking about wanting to try one so I could understand. 

Also, Dobson is an asshole who can fuck right off with his trans hate.

Don't worry, I perceived your genuine curiosity, that's why I made an effort to explain :content:. I can easily imagine being baffled by it the first time if you have never even seen one. I remember that time when my sister's high school class hosted some students from Sweden for a week long cultural exchange. None of them had ever seen a squatting toilet. My sister's classmates hadn't foreseen the problem cause we are used to consider them normal toilets. My sister's English was quite poor so guess who had to do the explanations part? By then I was out of hs but we hosted one of the girls in our home and we had a fun afternoon of poo chatting that time, thinking back I am still laughing. Then since cultural differences can be amazingly funny if you face them with humour, the girl we hosted was a Swede of Turkish origins and in Italian squat toilets are called Turkish toilets. So when my sister came home telling me I needed to explain to her new Turkish-Swede friend how to use a Turkish toilet she needed some persuasion to convince me she wasn't kidding. Anyway cultural exchanges can forge strong ties over poo talkings :pb_lol:

All we need is a unicorn pooping ice cream to demonstrate the advantages of squatting.  The squatty potty!

18 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

..: Hey Dr. Dipshit ... some "strange looking" man ... you know kind of like you. ...

Yah, I have found Doctor-ish Dobson's combover to be strange AND scary since first I saw it some 33 years ago! 

ETA: I don't get out much anymore, but some 15 years ago, the ex- and I attended an event hosted by a person with a female name and a low-pitched, gender-indeterminate voice.  I'd heard her on radio, enjoyed her shows.  Anyway, here walks this tall person, reed-skinny, very thinning hair combed into a pageboy, wearing jeans and a woman's shirt.  My first encounter (TTBOMK) with a transsexual.

I remember thinking, "aw, bless her, she's trying, and it hasn't been easy for her."  The ex- was as unbothered by her as anybody could be, especially a dorky straight guy (one of a few fond memories I have of him).

Apparently that colored my attitude toward folks of that persuasion, because I've never thought of them as a threat or "wrong," just people with a heckuva row to hoe.

My point:  What was Dobson's first encounter with a transsexual?  All kinds of snarky scenarios come to mind...

PS--Apparently Dudson and MEEchelle think  and teach that (male, straight) predators will now saunter into (women's) restrooms to attack the females therein.  My understanding of predatory behavior is that it's mostly done in secret and silence.  Invading a public space with any numbers of onlookers present? Unlikely, I'd say, but I don't know any official statistics. Anyone? Bueller?

12 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I don't know why you'd think that tp isn't provided, even after using a squat toilet your need to clean yourself. Anyway just to be clear, it's usually provided. Nevertheless, I (like every girl and woman I know) was taught as a child to always bring a package of paper tissues just in case, because if you have it you won't need it but that time you forget it the tp will surely be missing (a well known corollary of Murphy's law). 

Answering just for my country and EU. There should always be a bathroom specific to meet the needs of disabled people (higher removable sitting place, bar handles, space for a wheelchair etc), it's required by law for all public places. Anyway a minor physical restraint won't bar you from successfully using a squatting toilet. I have very short heel tendons and can't really squat, but I never had any problems with placing myself comfortably. Aim was never a problem too, there's plenty of space for it to be easy.

I asked about the availability of toilet paper because I'm not at all well-travelled.  As in, I've only been out of the United States to one other country, and that was Canada.  Anyway, I only know what I've heard about other countries, and even then my knowledge is decades old in many cases.  For instance, I've heard that in some other countries toilet paper isn't generally supplied in public restrooms and I'd be the person who didn't carry enough personal supply to clean up if I made a big mess.  I wasn't sure if that was still the case, or in which countries that happens in, if it's still that way today.  I've heard it used to be that way in Japan and in some parts of Mexico, but I really don't know.  I realize I must be shockingly ignorant about these things.

That's also why I asked about handicapped accessible restrooms.  My ex accompanied my MIL on a tour of Europe about 20 years ago and they found it very difficult for her to get around because she was in a wheelchair.  London was hit and miss with accessibility in all forms, Paris was a nightmare, but they found Germany to be refreshingly easy to navigate.

How apropos, I just realized I'm a Bodily Fluid Performance Artist!

Who appointed Dobson the head of the bathroom police?

He has flipped.  Why would anyone encite ANYONE to be violent in this crazy world we live in?

His wife needs to take him to the doctor for an altzheimer evaluation.  

16 hours ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

Just like in the women's bathrooms. People are busy and don't generally notice someone going in to use the restroom as intended.

We are far more worried about discovering at the last minute that there is no toilet paper in the gigantic 3-roll cassette.

32 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Who appointed Dobson the head of the bathroom police?

He has flipped.  Why would anyone encite ANYONE to be violent in this crazy world we live in?

His wife needs to take him to the doctor for an altzheimer evaluation.  

Oh, you may be on to something! Didn't his dad have Alzheimer's?

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

We are far more worried about discovering at the last minute that there is no toilet paper in the gigantic 3-roll cassette.

Exactly. I'm long past needing it, but running out of tampons and finding the machine on the blink is right up there with no TP. All I need is four walls around me and a place to sit.  So "Dr." D,  please shut up.

during our homeless period...I got really good at going into an empty field and squatting. The best time to do this was in the dead of night. I MUCH prefer my sitting flush toilet. 

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

All we need is a unicorn pooping ice cream to demonstrate the advantages of squatting.  The squatty potty!

I remember the ads for this coming out a couple years ago. 

Mmmm.....soft served straight from a sphincter!

The only people in this world I am worried about are the idiots who follow "Dr" Dobson's commandments to go out and shoot people.  Excuse the language but fuck this guy.  He can take his transphobia, his homophobia, and his misogyny and fuck right off.  

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh, you may be on to something! Didn't his dad have Alzheimer's?

I seem to remember this also.

His adult kids need to do the same thing that Pat Robertson's adult kids need to do -- get their parent out of the public eye.

Dobson has had issues and I personally have had major disagreements with him on a lot of things for a long time -- but this seems to have gone to a whole 'nuther level IYKWIM.

Archived