IGNORED

James Dobson wants people to shoot trans women in the bathroom

Yeah, Dobson again.

advocate.com/transgender/2016/6/01/james-dobson-be-man-shoot-transgender-woman-bathroom

James Dobson, a conservative Christian leader who helped found two anti-LGBT groups, has a suggestion for those who object to transgender women’s presence in women’s restrooms: Shoot them.

“If you are a married man with any gumption, surely you will defend your wife’s privacy and security in restroom facilities,” Dobson writes in a column published this week on the far-right site WND. He imagines such scenarios as “a strange-looking man, dressed like a woman … peering over toilet cubicles to watch your wife in a private moment” and “men who walk in unannounced, unzip their pants and urinate in front of [little girls].”

“If this had happened 100 years ago, someone might have been shot,” he continues. “Where is today’s manhood? God help us!”

How long until he's caught wide stancing it in a airport shithouse?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, Dobson again.
advocate.com/transgender/2016/6/01/james-dobson-be-man-shoot-transgender-woman-bathroom
and “men who walk in unannounced, unzip their pants and urinate in front of [little girls].”

Settle down "Dr" Dobson, everyone uses a stall in the women's bathroom. You've been married a long time; how did you never figure out women can't and don't use urinals?

6 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Settle down "Dr" Dobson, everyone uses a stall in the women's bathroom. You've been married a long time; how did you never figure out women can't and don't use urinals?

There's a lot of things "Dr" Dobson hasn't figured out.  This is the same guy who wants to pound pegs into holes.

Well, at least we know the Christian Right's hatred for women is univeral for all types of women.

Big women. Small women. Straight women. Gay women. Bi women. Cis women. Trans women. I could list until I'm blue.

Also, who's doing the shooting? I don't want some arsehole of any sex/gender/orientation/size/spirit coming into the place I've chosen to pee and shooting people. What happened to THOU SHALT NOT KILL?

Dobson is an instigator. If something like this does happen, I feel he should have to answer for it, as well as any perpetrators.

15 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

That was the first thing that popped up for me (pun not intended). Women's bathrooms all have stalls!! I'm certain I've been in a bathroom with a transwoman, but since normal people mind their own business in a bathroom, it just didn't register with me. 

Fuck James Dobson with a chainsaw!!!

Just another right-wing Xtian  asshole that does more harm to the church than all the atheists in the world* every time they open their mouths to spew such shit.   :smiley-signs131:

*not that I think that atheists harm the church.   I am one!

Ok so if a man walks into a bathroom, unzips his pants and pees in front of little girls

1)  He is not a transwoman

2)  He must be using the sink because there aren't urinals a in the women's room

3)  it's obvious then that the man in the bathroom is a man and that the man is the problem not any transwoman in the women's room

4)  Because the transwoman is in the locked stall minding her own business

Oh ... and if there is a strange looking man in a dress, peering over the stalls at women, he's not a transwoman either. He is some weirdo man and he is the problem because -- see #4 above.

2 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

Dobson is an instigator. If something like this does happen, I feel he should have to answer for it, as well as any perpetrators.

Sadly, the Pearls have never been charged in any of the deaths their horrible book has caused.  Maybe it's because they say that while beating your children, stop before you kill them.  I guess Dobson could say he only said to shoot someone, not shoot to kill.

Instigation of violence isn't some sort of crime? It should be. You can't go around telling people to shoot others cause you don't like them/think they are sinners or whatever! 

I wish everyone would be completely honest and clear here. No one is afraid of transgender men or women going in the bathroom of their choice. People are afraid of cisgendered men assaulting women. But yet trans peeps are the ones vilified in this argument.  Maybe instead of making it illegal for trans people to pee, we should make it illegal for men to assault people. Oh, wait. 

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Oh ... and if there is a strange looking man in a dress, peering over the stalls at women, he's not a transwoman either. He is some weirdo man and he is the problem because -- see #4 above.

And he will very likely not be punished for this because boys will be boys. Or she was asking for it. Or she's just lying to get him in trouble. 

It's so infuriating to watch right-wing assholes whip everyone into a frenzy over their fevered transphobic scenarios, when actual sex criminals are unlikely to get more than a slap on the wrist (at most). 

And he will very likely not be punished for this because boys will be boys. Or she was asking for it. Or she's just lying to get him in trouble. 
It's so infuriating to watch right-wing assholes whip everyone into a frenzy over their fevered transphobic scenarios, when actual sex criminals are unlikely to get more than a slap on the wrist (at most). 

Dobson wrote a piece in September titled "Why I'm Voting for Donald Trump" so clearly sexual assault is okay with him under any circumstances but in a bathroom. And I'm sure if Trump did it there that would be fine too

I have never experienced any of the scenarios in a women's bathroom that Dobson has described. WTF is he talking about? 

You have to really try to show someone your genitalia in the ladies room.  And if you are doing so, I will call the police on you even if you have the finest and most perfect lady-bits in all the land.  

You have to really try to check what genitalia others have in the ladies room.  And if you are trying to look at other people's parts, I will also call the police on you even if you are anointed by God himself.  

Both those things are crimes.  They are ESPECIALLY crimes if you have a weapon and are using it to intimidate people into allowing you to commit those crimes on them.  

I'm not worried about the transwoman trying to pee.  I'm worried about the cis man who is trying to use a gun to get women to show their genitals for his inspection.  

Also, I'm a cis woman who has used men's rooms.  Absolutely 0 people were harmed in these incidents, but I feel that this is far more of a transgression than a trans person using a restroom they identify with.  Why is no one protecting the vulnerable menfolk from rogue pee-ers like me?!?

Even if you checked under the stall doors to see if anyone was standing up, facing the toilet to pee, you still might be wrong if you assumed the person had male genitalia.  I hear that there are some men who sit down to pee.  And I met a young woman who had a colostomy bag due to a birth defect.  This was back in the early 80's, so I don't know how things are done now, but she had to stand "like a man" (as she put it) when she had to empty her bag.  We were attending the local community college together.  I was in the bathroom with her one time and she went into the stall next to me and called out "Don't worry, I'm not a man.  I have to do it this way.  Sorry about the smell.  I've got both things (poop and pee) coming out at once.  It's a medical thing."

So unless someone in the bathroom is being blatantly inappropriate, try to keep your cool.  There might be other things going on that don't have anything to do with anyone else.

Look at me, preaching to the choir.  Sorry.

“If you are a married man with any gumption, surely you will defend your wife’s privacy and security in restroom facilities,” Dobson writes in a column published this week on the far-right site WND. 

Sooo... he wants the man to defend his wife against men in the bathroom by... going into the bathroom ready to shoot someone? Then presumably all the other women in the bathroom will see this man in the bathroom and call their own husbands, who will rush into the bathroom with their guns, and a bloodbath will ensue. Because five cis men in the women's bathroom with guns is vastly preferable to one transwoman. Yup. I feel safe now.

Why nobody worries about transmen in men's room? The right still hadn't figured they exist, or what? 

Anyway, what scares me, is an idea of transwoman in men's room, close to people like Dobson. James, you ARE a reason we are so passionate about her rights to use the bathroom of her choosing. We want her safe, and we want you and your guns far away. 

44 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Why nobody worries about transmen in men's room? The right still hadn't figured they exist, or what? 

They're just not threatening. That room is already full of cis men with guns; no need to call them in.

If I am in a damn public shitter, I really really Do.Not.Care.What.Other.People.Are.Doing.  If I am watching over kids in my custody in said shitter, I would be more concerned about where the kids are, did they wipe their butts and wash their hands than about someone else in a locked stall.  Where said kids are not.  

Taking kids into bathrooms, especially public ones, especially young ones, is nerve wracking. Trying to keep a toddler from playing in the toilet or falling in or licking their hands after touching things and trying to get them to aim and we are pooping, not singing, remember? And yes that is a funny thing on the wall no you cannot pull it off the toilet paper is not meant to be pulled all the way out just because there's a lot of it why are you tasting the soap? And why are your pants wet is that pee or water or apple juice. And don't grab that. And yes the hand dryer is scary.

you know what I've never worried about though? Trans people. Or saber-toothed tigers. Because the danger is NON EXISTENT.

I bet Dobson has never once changed a diaper, let alone take care of a small child, let alone take them to the bathroom in public.

32 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

I bet Dobson has never once changed a diaper, let alone take care of a small child, let alone take them to the bathroom in public.

Well, of course, he hasn't. People with penises do not do those tasks. He can't be the manly man that he is and do women's work like that! 

For the love of all that's holy! Look...I go to do my business...I've done it in women's rooms and men's rooms (concerts, long lines, beer). Nobody gives a shit when you walk in the bathroom to do your thing. Hell, one time I was so fkn desperate I dropped my drawers and sat on a urinal to go. I may or may not have been drunk at the time. BFD. Seriously...BFD. 

What the hell is the fundie hang up with sex and genitalia? These "conservatives" claim they want smaller government...yeah, they want it so small it can fit in my bedroom, bathroom or doctor's office. Fuck off...

10 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Ok so if a man walks into a bathroom, unzips his pants and pees in front of little girls

1)  He is not a transwoman

2)  He must be using the sink because there aren't urinals a in the women's room

3)  it's obvious then that the man in the bathroom is a man and that the man is the problem not any transwoman in the women's room

4)  Because the transwoman is in the locked stall minding her own business

Also, I'm a bit concerned as to why he thinks such a "strange looking man" would be likely to be 7.5 feet tall? I mean, yeah, that height and a dress on a man in the ladies' room would make people look twice... but in what universe is that the norm? Or is he suggesting that the peepers usually travel with step-up stools (to peer over the stalls) in addition to their costumes? If so, it's kind of a dead giveaway of their intentions isn't it?

Do men's rooms have shorter stalls/walls or something?

I went to the restroom at Target the other day saw a very masculine person in the woman's room. I am ashamed to admit that I did do a double take as I was walking into the stall but my first thought was actually "shit am I in the wrong bathroom?" Then I realized what was most likely happening and continued on with my business.

PS: I made it out safely and my husband didn't even have to shoot anyone!

Archived