IGNORED

Any news from the "Ah, the life..." sisters?

Clementine

I wonder what has happened to the sisters who used to write the blog Ah, the life. The blog was last updated in May 2016 and now there is only a photo of Kelly on the blog. What has happend to Andrea? Is she married?

http://ahthelife.blogspot.se/

The blog has a FB page and it mostly contains examples of graphic designs. Is Kelly a graphic designer now and is she still living with her parents?

https://www.facebook.com/ahthelife/

oh you know the usual, getting healed from Lyme disease with Plexus, continuing to post on LAF against feminism when it is feminism that allows you two to stay at home. not work and be SAHD into your late thirties.... Don't think either one of them has a real job, unless you count digging your heels in about your theology counts??? Those two are bitter, angry and sad.

Bless their hearts: their graphic design attempts are.....lacking.  I know four year olds with an I-Pad with better graphic design skills.  

How old are they now?

They were the ones with that ridiculous post where they help "Bring Home Rebecca". It was Rebecca's husband who went to jail for doing something very illegal with guns, correct? 

Wonder why Andrea has pretty much dropped off the blog and FB page. 

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

oh you know the usual, getting healed from Lyme disease with Plexus, continuing to post on LAF against feminism when it is feminism that allows you two to stay at home. not work and be SAHD into your late thirties.... Don't think either one of them has a real job, unless you count digging your heels in about your theology counts??? Those two are bitter, angry and sad.

:my_biggrin:

29 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

How old are they now?

They were the ones with that ridiculous post where they help "Bring Home Rebecca". It was Rebecca's husband who went to jail for doing something very illegal with guns, correct? 

Wonder why Andrea has pretty much dropped off the blog and FB page. 

I think Kelly is 40 and Andrea 2-3 years younger.

Two recent things on Kelly's FB page stand out:

March 28 -

I've been having some interesting conversations with young ladies lately about dating and the forming of relationships. It's bringing to mind the ideas which spurred the revival of courtship and the frail nature of the dating culture. I've been thinking about so much else health-wise, it seems a lifetime ago that I've even talked about these things. I'm thinking I may write an article. If you have any, concerns, opinions, and/or questions on dating vs. courtship, I'd love to hear them.

There follows much backing-and-forthing and Bible-fu, including many comments from Vaughn-marry-them-off-young-Ohlman himself, WRT dating, courtship, fornication, and the evils of same. Way too long to cut and past here, but the link is below.

March 30 -

When friends are in town. Cooking up a storm with Tiffany. 

That would be Tiffany Frost, sister of Elissa ofJoseph Maxwell. One big happy family...

https://www.facebook.com/kreins

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 7.49.42 AM.png

So yet another spinster SAHD going to write about relationships and courtship, something she knows nothing about... the congestive dissonance is just baffling. 

I remember reading their blog back in the day and recall them posting a picture of John Robert Moor's younger sister Regan with captions underneath " she will never know the workplace" or something to that effect. 

52 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Two recent things on Kelly's FB page stand out:

March 28 -

There follows much backing-and-forthing and Bible-fu, including many comments from Vaughn-marry-them-off-young-Ohlman himself, WRT dating, courtship, fornication, and the evils of same. Way too long to cut and past here, but the link is below.

OMG the infighting is such a fun read. i love vaughn's little dig at kelly with "there are lots of young (and older) people who..." remain unmarried. hahaha. but seriously i wonder if kelly ever experiences self doubt when arguing with the likes of vaughn and wonders if she would have been happier with a young betrothal (or, *gasp* finding a husband by DATING)...here she is, 40 and unmarried and still trying to convince the Internets that courting is the key to godly happiness. 

ETA: but i do want to give kelly credit for rejecting the notion that a wife should be responsible for keeping her husband from sinning. *thumbs up*

On 4/2/2017 at 8:17 AM, Mrs. Bean said:

So yet another spinster SAHD going to write about relationships and courtship, something she knows nothing about... the congestive dissonance is just baffling. 

Me either. Purely from a marketing perspective, wouldn't it be more convincing to show a woman who already went through the SAHD/courting phases and found her godly husband? Until then, whether it "works" is all theoretical.

On 4/2/2017 at 5:12 AM, teachergirl said:

oh you know the usual, getting healed from Lyme disease with Plexus

:smiley-signs131: 

It hurts to read that. 

They are so boring! Do something, damn it! Andrea is a year older than me and Kelly is my sister's age... I'm pretty sure if we still lived at home with our parents we would have killed each other long ago. 

Their sister Dawn is interesting to me, she's super conservative but lives across the country from the family and is college-educated and has a career and hobbies and friends. So are Kelly and Andrea home by choice at this point? 

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

They are so boring! Do something, damn it! Andrea is a year older than me and Kelly is my sister's age... I'm pretty sure if we still lived at home with our parents we would have killed each other long ago. 

Their sister Dawn is interesting to me, she's super conservative but lives across the country from the family and is college-educated and has a career and hobbies and friends. So are Kelly and Andrea home by choice at this point? 

I didn't realize they had another sister! Is she married? Younger or older? Do they have any other siblings? 

40 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

I didn't realize they had another sister! Is she married? Younger or older? Do they have any other siblings? 

I think she might be the oldest but I'm not positive. She's single.

I honestly get the impression that these days Kelly and Andrea are home and working the farm by choice rather than out of a sense of SAHD obligation. Maybe they have settled into keeping up the house and are preparing to care for parents as they age? 

10 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

I honestly get the impression that these days Kelly and Andrea are home and working the farm by choice rather than out of a sense of SAHD obligation. Maybe they have settled into keeping up the house and are preparing to care for parents as they age? 

Me too. I haven't really seen anything from them that implies that they are praying for husbands. It's probably much easier to just putter around at home, drink coffee and do some target shooting than cook and clean for a family and homeschool a bunch of kids.

On 4/2/2017 at 7:12 AM, teachergirl said:

Just reading the thread title I was going to respond "healing Lyme disease with Plexus". I am not at all surprised you beat me to it. 

Aside from the MLM shilling, Kelly is also getting in arguments with the infamous Vaughn Ohlman about arranged marriage (back a few days on her facebook). Oh, the various ironies.

3 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Aside from the MLM shilling, Kelly is also getting in arguments with the infamous Vaughn Ohlman about arranged marriage (back a few days on her facebook). Oh, the various ironies.

Please, do tell.

16 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Please, do tell.

It's on March 28th, here: https://www.facebook.com/kreins

Vaughn Ohlman thinks dating and courtship are both evil.  Only betrothal (as early as possible) is Biblical.  He'd marry off 12 year old girls if he could.

Vaughn Ohlman Dating and courtship? Both are unBiblical.

snip

Vaughn Ohlman It would be interesting to see how you define 'worst' here. And Betrothal.
Courtship has a rather interesting way of ensuring that it always 'works'. When the courting couple marry, then courtship advocates say that courtship 'worked' in finding the 'right' spouse. When they don't, they then also say that courtship 'worked', in finding out they weren't supposed to marry.

On another subject, did Kelly ever get an official dx or is she self-diagnosing herself with Lyme when she actually has a severe case of SAHDitis?  I can see that Plexus might help to "cure" Lyme Disease if you don't have it in the first place.  She has enough quackery on FB to sink a battleship.

She claims to have been infected when she was bitten by a mosquito.  She also claims she got a bulls-eye rash but strangely can't remember whether the mosquito bite and rash happened in Washington State or Alaska.

The incidence of Lyme in both WA and AK is very low although it has been seen in both states, deer ticks not mosquitoes are the known vector (claims that mosquitoes carry Lyme seem fairly woo woo), and Plexus will do sod all to cure Lyme. 

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

I can see that Plexus might help to "cure" Lyme Disease if you don't have it in the first place.

Actually, according to a highly qualified SOTDRT M.D. (whoʻs certainly better than your average med school grad), Plexus does cure Lyme Disease when itʻs transmitted by a mosquito bite.

Clear enough for you?

12 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Actually, according to a highly qualified SOTDRT M.D. (whoʻs certainly better than your average med school grad), Plexus does cure Lyme Disease when itʻs transmitted by a mosquito bite.

Clear enough for you?

I had to google Plexus and it's a weight management drink? Oh well, in the fundy world cherry juice can cure preeclampsia, so I guess anything is possible if you just pray hard enough.

I find it interesting that the "ah the life sisters" don't seem to be living the life.  Maybe they are happy but somehow this doesn't seem to be what they envisioned IMHO.

Anyhoo, the whole "bringing home Rebecca" was all sorts of cringeworthy.   It's unfortunate that her husband ended up in jail.  Too many times we see that the wives find themselves with husbands who don't seem to be capable of doing right by their spouses and families.  

Bringing home Rebecca.....Wow!  The privilege.  I re-visited the story at the way back machine.  Truly cringeworthy.  The way they fawn all over themselves is all kinds of precious.  I can't help but think that these girls are burying a huge amount of disappointment that life just passed them by.

Archived