IGNORED

Takei For Congress

send*the*ferrets

George Takei and his partner Brad bought land and George will be running for congress. Given his strong views on race relations (the Japanese internment especially) and LGBTQ, I think he would add a really interesting perspective. Are there any LGBTQ representatives? 

Nunes was a member of the Trump transition team and part of the wiretapping fiasco- a smart seat to target, potentially... 

Takei to challenge nunes

Well, I guess the jig is up. 

With what is going on now in the country, I couldn’t stand by any longer merely as a citizen. I knew I had to take a bigger stand. So that’s why I’m running for Congress. My hope is to challenge Davin Nunes for his seat in 2018.

Yay!!!! I'm doing the happy dance now!!! I've been enjoying George's tweets, and would love to see him in Washington.

I'm so excited about this. And the fact that he's challenging Devin Nunes for his seat makes it even better. If we could get rid of Devin and gain George all at once that would be amazing!

A lot of debate on Twitter about whether this is an April fools day joke...:confused2: Apparently George posted it on March 31st in California but it was already the 1st of April on the east coast so the twitterati are speculating it's an elaborate prank.

i really, really, really, really want it to be true though :pray:

32 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

A lot of debate on Twitter about whether this is an April fools day joke...:confused2: Apparently George posted it on March 31st in California but it was already the 1st of April on the east coast so the twitterati are speculating it's an elaborate prank.

i really, really, really, really want it to be true though :pray:

He has done some pretty big April Fools jokes before though right?  I seem to remember one a few years ago that involved a movie production or something. I would love for it to be true but the timing is a little suspect. 

I'll admit- since I was reading this around 10:30 on March 31, I wasn't thinking April Fool's. The government is such a mess that this would actually be a mean joke.

He has since posted that it was an April Fool's joke. Too bad, I certainly wish it were true.

10 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He has since posted that it was an April Fool's joke. Too bad, I certainly wish it were true.

Awwww man I read it on March 31st :( I think he should go into politics actually. 

@send*the*ferrets, even though it looks like Takei will NOT be a  representative, there are several LGBTQ people in Congress:  Reps. Sean Patrick Maloney from New York,  Mark Pocan from Wisconsin, Mark Takano from California, Kristen Sinema from Arizona, David Cicilline from Rhode Island, and Jared Polis from Colorado.  Senator Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin is our sole LGBTQ senator.  This list only includes those politicos who are out.  There are rumors about Lindsay Graham (Lots of rumors about Lindsay) and even some about Tim Scott, both of them are senators from SC.  I sometimes wonder if the threat of outing is how the GOP keeps Lindsay in line.

We all love us some George Takei!

takei.jpg

Archived