IGNORED

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath 2

DaisyD

@Palimpsest I completely agree. I guess I should of worded it differently.  I enjoyed her character so much on MM, but really don't know anything about her or what kind of person she is. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I completely agree. I guess I should of worded it differently.

No worries and I'm glad you agree.  Looking back I should have quoted someone else who commented about intelligence, not you.  You were just following a train of thought started by them.  Now I have to google MM.  I don't think I've seen that actress in anything. ;)

• Upvote 2

Ugh. I thought I found some news that a Co$ was closed down and people were found being held against their will, but alas it was fake news. I'm a sucker. 

• Upvote 1

That's great news. If only all of the others being held around the country weren't so brainwashed, they could be rescued too.

• Upvote 3

On 5/4/2017 at 0:04 PM, ChunkyBarbie said:

Ugh. I thought I found some news that a Co$ was closed down and people were found being held against their will, but alas it was fake news. I'm a sucker. 

Could you clarify how you discovered this was fake news?

• Upvote 1

Tony Ortega and the Underground Bunker have interviewed relatives.  One of them is a Scientologist who thinks the imprisonment in a hellhole was just fine.

http://tonyortega.org/2017/05/05/families-of-rescued-patients-are-sharply-divided-on-scientologist-run-tennessee-hellhole/#more-39795

• Upvote 3

Omg!  It was real?!?!  I read it on someone's FB page, then they said they were making it up. I thought they meant they themselves made it up. Does that make sense?

34 minutes ago, Howl said:

Could you clarify how you discovered this was fake news?

See above.  Sorry. 

What I read wasn't an article. 

Edited by ChunkyBarbie

The parents were paying $10,000/month to these people?  And no one went there to check on him?

• Upvote 2

CWhy wasn't this facility shut down national news? Why haven't class action lawyers looked into it? 

I'm glad it was shut down but how many more facilities are unknown? And how many people like brother #2 are working in facilities that can hurt unsuspecting people. 

• Upvote 3

Holy moley! I just read about this here... and like @quiversR4huntingsaid, why this failed to get more press is odd. I mean... isn't this kinda a big thing?!

• Upvote 2

Every so often things like this get dropped because there is some other outrage on the 24-hour news cycle that eclipses everything else. 

• Upvote 2

Holy moley! I just read about this here... and like [mention=17901]quiversR4hunting[/mention]said, why this failed to get more press is odd. I mean... isn't this kinda a big thing?!

Considering all the crazy a$$ things coming from 45 this week it's no surprise this got buried.
  • Upvote 7

Look what did make the news! http://www.cbsnews.com/news/santa-monica-high-school-anti-drug-program-sponsored-church-of-scientology/

Headline:

Calif. school scraps anti-drug program after parents find link to Scientology

YEAH!!! it was dropped after the link was found :) CO$ had a statement and the article has a video but I don't have time to watch it at work.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Formatting.
  • Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2017 at 8:20 PM, Grimalkin said:

The more I think about it, I hardly know anything about EM. I really like the characters she has portrayed. I don't know if she is smart or not. 

I loved her in the West Wing!

My dvr recorded a preview of season 2 of the Aftermath. Leah is funny and is good a teasing Mike Rinder about what he did for CO$. They showed a partial interview with a journalist, it looks interesting. I forgot when it was suppose to premiere though. 

Edited by SHERA
  • Upvote 3

I can't wait for the new season. Here is an article from "The Hollywood Reporter" http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/leah-remini-scientology-aftermath-gets-two-hour-special-1006445

Part of the article says:

Merchants of Fear, set to premiere May 29 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, will specifically invite a series of special guests to candidly describe their personal experiences investigating controversial stories about the Church and how it has responded to their work. The two-hour telecast will offer a sneak peek at the upcoming second season of the docuseries.

Season two is set to return with 10 new hourlong episodes

I will have my kids in bed and settle into watch it Monday night :) YEAH!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Howl said:

My DVR did the same!  I'll check it out today. 

The new show is on May 29 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, 10pm here in MT.

Erica Christensen was just on American Ninja Warrior. Does anyone know if her husband is $ci, Cole Maness? 

19 hours ago, SHERA said:

Erica Christensen was just on American Ninja Warrior. Does anyone know if her husband is $ci, Cole Maness? 

I can't find an article that says one way or another. Since they don't say he is, I assume he wasn't going into the marriage. 1 think I've learned from Leah is CO$ really likes to advertise who belongs to the cult. Here is the article I read about him https://www.bustle.com/articles/49549-who-is-cole-maness-erika-christensens-fiance-has-a-far-different-career-from-her-own 

Time to watch!!

The pages and books to live your life by is like the law books in an attorney's office. Wow just wow. 

• Upvote 2

Damn!  I missed it!  I was busy watching Destination Tokyo, dealing with a balky computer and washing the dishes.

• Upvote 1

@PennySycamore it's on for another 16 minutes in my time zone (EST).

It's really good. The first hour Leah and Mike interview 3 people that have written books or articles. Last guy is from Australia. What Australia has done makes me love Australia even more!

2nd hour is interviewing a man that left but not before he did horrible stuff in operation freak out. A professor with the largest collection of CO$ material and the last guy is an attorney that has won cases against CO$

• Upvote 7

Totally enjoyed the program, Scientology's policy toward journalists is horrible. LRH was before his time, he would fit right in with Drumpf now. One of the academics on the show called LRH a malignant narcissist. Hmmm....

• Upvote 9

LRH could easily have gotten a job with Drumpf's administration as he would fit right in with the way Scientology has consistently gone after journalists.

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic