IGNORED

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath 2

DaisyD

They really let $cientology hang themselves with those letters don't they? It's like when the rf members showed up to prove they weren't a cult. I wasn't sure before, but after they came, I knew it's a cult.

• Upvote 7

Check out Tony Ortega's site The Underground Bunker - Sci faked a letter from a prof at a university. Now they're into copyright infringement of the universities brand. 

• Upvote 3

I've come to the end of season 2 on Hulu. Some of the extra episodes are available along witn the first 2 seasons.

Does anyone else kinda want to go snooping around Clearwater and see what's going on ? 

There has been some next level crazy on the third season and I have a feeling things are only going to get weirder.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Does anyone else kinda want to go snooping around Clearwater and see what's going on ? 

There has been some next level crazy on the third season and I have a feeling things are only going to get weirder.

Yes and @Tim-Tom Biblethumper can be our tour guide!

Considering I am in the 3rd ice/snow/below freezing storm in 2 weeks, Clearwater sounds like a nice change of pace! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

lets go! I do have some investigative journalist skills.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On 2/12/2019 at 3:18 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

Considering I am in the 3rd ice/snow/below freezing storm in 2 weeks, Clearwater sounds like a nice change of pace! 

Trade?  I've only seen snow (on the ground) once in my life.  :(    
I had to turn the heat on again tonight...it's 49!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I'll definitely trade!

• Love 2

10 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

This was the 24 hour difference. Tuesday morning to Wednesday this week.  Same spot where our myrtle bed meets the driveway. IMG_20190214_092307.thumb.jpg.ddf22ecae9181ad009dfbd3ae69ae386.jpg

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Flooding? Swap you some water for a couple of 45oC days?

Send some of that water down the Murray please!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

So the March edition of The Australian Woman's Weekly (yes it's monthly, long story) has a story on Valeska Paris who was separated from her mother at age 6 when her mother left Scientology. I'm finding it interesting that the AWW has this story for two reasons: 1. they are a quietly active magazine with a surprising amount of influence, and tying this story in with the stabbing in Sydney is both expected and making a point and 2. They finish with a statement about Scientology's (lack of paying) tax status, all after detailing some fairly horrific allegations. Interesting. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

People has an article on Elisabeth Moss discussing some aspects of her belief in Scientology.

https://people.com/tv/elisabeth-moss-on-relationship-with-scientology-handmaids-tale/

She claims to be an advocate for freedom of speech, but I feel like Scientology takes away that freedom (unless you are a big celebrity right?). Despite R.L.Hubbard being anti-LGBTQ, she acknowledges that isn't her stance and she displays that in the roles she plays. Nothing new or ground breaking, but interesting none the less.

The original Daily Beast article: https://www.thedailybeast.com/elisabeth-moss-opens-up-about-scientology-and-resisting-trump-the-only-place-i-can-speak-from-is-my-own

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

• 1 month later...

So I saw this article about a gator in a house in Clearwater. Article says the gator broke some low windows and crawled in. Why did my mind immediately think that CO$ could have planted it in the house? https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-county/11-foot-gator-breaks-into-clearwater-home/2041746483?fbclid=IwAR3rubXzY6M81GsFaSSMuiPWlqXphuhcH1uOr-Y0qm_KsveG9l_YmHrc93o 

Then again maybe Nevada Barr (author) in the book Deep South put that thought in my head. :D

• WTF 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Then again maybe Nevada Barr (author) in the book Deep South put that thought in my head. :D

Love me some Nevada Barr!  In the early days, she'd work as a seasonal gun-toting law-enforcement ranger at a park, and use that setting for a murder mystery, which she did for Mesa Verde.   I had worked at Mesa Verde the previous summer and a friend of a friend appeared in that book as a composite character.  

My understanding was that after two or three books, the park service really didn't want her working there and then writing a book about them! Or maybe it was that her early books were so successful she no longer needed to work as a ranger.  

That said, a few of her recent books with psychopathic killers didn't do it for me, but she's an excellent writer and can seriously spin a good murder mystery. 

• I Agree 2

Carl Hiaasen writes some great crazy Florida stories too.

• I Agree 3

20 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So I saw this article about a gator in a house in Clearwater. Article says the gator broke some low windows and crawled in. Why did my mind immediately think that CO$ could have planted it in the house? https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-county/11-foot-gator-breaks-into-clearwater-home/2041746483?fbclid=IwAR3rubXzY6M81GsFaSSMuiPWlqXphuhcH1uOr-Y0qm_KsveG9l_YmHrc93o 

Scientologists? Nah, that's just normal Florida weird. ?

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic